Tyranny of the Majority and Mob Rule...

Terms that conservatives commonly use to disparage democracy, or more precisely, direct democracy.

The Brexit vote was direct democracy. Haven't heard any conservatives calling it tyranny or mob rule.

I wonder why?

Because no one was voting on something that would force people to buy health insurance. Any other silly points that you would like me to dismantle?

Terms that conservatives commonly use to disparage democracy, or more precisely, direct democracy.

The Brexit vote was direct democracy. Haven't heard any conservatives calling it tyranny or mob rule.

I wonder why?

Because no one was voting on something that would force people to buy health insurance. Any other silly points that you would like me to dismantle?

The ACA was NOT passed by direct democracy dumbass. Goddam you are stupid.

I wonder why?

The Brexit vote forces the 49% of Brits who wanted to stay in the EU to leave. Tyranny of the majority by direct democracy.

I wonder why?

Why? Because they voted in favor of freedom rather than tyranny. We don't complain about democracy when the majority votes to uphold the First Amendment either.

I wonder why?

Why? Because they voted in favor of freedom rather than tyranny. We don't complain about democracy when the majority votes to uphold the First Amendment either.

So you admit that the conservative attacks on direct democracy are purely partisan, and have nothing to do with principle.

No shit, Mr. Obvious.

Because it was the majority of British people voting to take back control of their country. That does not even remotely fit the description of Tyranny or mob rule.

So you deny that direct democracy is ever called mob rule?

lol

So you deny that conservatives complain about tyranny of the majority?

Maybe we should allow a referendum on background checks, eh?

I wonder why?

So you admit that the conservative attacks on direct democracy are purely partisan, and have nothing to do with principle.

No shit, Mr. Obvious.

So you think freedom is a "partisan" issue? I suppose you are right. Only one party places a value on freedom.

No one on the right that I'm aware of has a problem with the people voting and honoring the results of that vote even if they disagree with the outcome. They do have a problem with the government using leagal trickery or procedural manvueres to get things passed they couldn't otherwise.

I wonder why?

but the left does though

I wonder why?

No shit, Mr. Obvious.

So you think freedom is a "partisan" issue? I suppose you are right. Only one party places a value on freedom.

Well then tell us in your own words what the term 'mob rule' means when people use it to disparage Democracy.

No one on the right that I'm aware of has a problem with the people voting and honoring the results of that vote even if they disagree with the outcome. They do have a problem with the government using leagal trickery or procedural manvueres to get things passed they couldn't otherwise.

So you've never ever heard anyone, including here, use the term 'mob rule' to attack democracy?

"Why? Because they voted in favor of freedom rather than tyranny. We don't complain about democracy when the majority votes to uphold the First Amendment either."
How was voluntarily being a member of a group with elected representatives "tyranny"?

Last edited:
the left sure has butt hurt over the brits

deciding on self rule

--LOL

looks like five more countries are gunna split as well

--LOL

I wonder why?

What minority or individual is being oppressed?

Forum List

Back