U.K. Trial Court: Lying About Vasectomy Negates Consent to Sex

Does anyone think lying about having a vasectomy and getting a woman pregnant should NOT be punished?

What should the punishment be beyond 18 years of child support?

Much more than that. The woman will be expected to drop all her plans and care for the child.

As I said, in some places "stealthing" can bring charges of sexual assault. That would be right, since a condition of her consenting was that he had had a vasectomy.

She needs to plan on feeding the child too with no financial support for however many years dad is behind bars thanks to you. Sure I think it is a shitty thing for someone to do, but women need to be proactive in using birth control if they don't want to have a baby.

Agreed that women should probably not be trusting men they don't know, but that doesn't negate his criminal action. And the whole "We shouldn't punish him for his crime because he can earn useful money on the outside" argument is ridiculous.

I think it's probably likely that even if she decides to give birth to the baby, she won't keep him.

Does anyone think lying about having a vasectomy and getting a woman pregnant should NOT be punished?

Much more than that. The woman will be expected to drop all her plans and care for the child.

As I said, in some places "stealthing" can bring charges of sexual assault. That would be right, since a condition of her consenting was that he had had a vasectomy.

She needs to plan on feeding the child too with no financial support for however many years dad is behind bars thanks to you. Sure I think it is a shitty thing for someone to do, but women need to be proactive in using birth control if they don't want to have a baby.

As long as the only punishment is people thinking its a shitty thing to do, those overgrown boys will continue to lie and continue to take off the condoms. The threat of punishment is what many of them need.

It's a lot more than just "overgrown boys"; it's a recognized paraphilia and form of sexual predation, which is why it's a prosecutable crime.

As long as the only punishment is people thinking its a shitty thing to do, those overgrown boys will continue to lie and continue to take off the condoms. The threat of punishment is what many of them need.
And as long as women can earn a 20 year payday without being charged for a crime; they’ll continue to lie about birth control. The threat of punishment is what many of them need.

And as long as women can earn a 20 year payday without being charged for a crime; they’ll continue to lie about birth control. The threat of punishment is what many of them need.

OK.

OK.
Glad you agree. How long should the woman be incarcerated for in these instances?

i think he deserves to get his dick chopped off because he cannot be trusted to use it honestly in polite society

But let's be real, what most men pay in child support is not going to be income for her as much as it will be helping cover the cost of raising a child.

"But on average, the latest statistic we have available comes from the 2010 Census. According to the Census Bureau Reports, the average monthly child support payment is $430."

from: Parents, save up: It costs this much to raise a kid
"The estimated cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 is $233,610 -- or as much as almost $14,000 annually, the Department of Agriculture says. That’s the average for a middle-income couple with two children. It’s a bit more expensive in urban parts of the country, and less so in rural areas."

$430 a month comes to $5,160 a year. So $103,200 for 20 years. Less than half the estimated cost of raising the child. Even if you double the child support, you are only paying $10,320 a year. That comes to $206,400 for 20 years. Still not hitting the cost. So calling it an income for her is simply inaccurate.

Plus, paying child support is inconvenient and perhaps a financial burden. Raising a child for 20 years is a complete change for her life.

OK.
Glad you agree. How long should the woman be incarcerated for in these instances?

The same as the man is incarcerated for lying about a vasectomy.

Of course, if she realizes it soon enough, she can have blood tests done to show she was on the Pill, if she was.

It's already a bitch-and-a-half to prove cases of reproductive coercion in men. I can't even imagine how hard that would be to do against women.

But let's be real, what most men pay in child support is not going to be income for her as much as it will be helping cover the cost of raising a child.

"But on average, the latest statistic we have available comes from the 2010 Census. According to the Census Bureau Reports, the average monthly child support payment is $430."

"The estimated cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 is $233,610 -- or as much as almost $14,000 annually, the Department of Agriculture says. That’s the average for a middle-income couple with two children. It’s a bit more expensive in urban parts of the country, and less so in rural areas."

$430 a month comes to $5,160 a year. So $103,200 for 20 years. Less than half the estimated cost of raising the child. Even if you double the child support, you are only paying $10,320 a year. That comes to $206,400 for 20 years. Still not hitting the cost. So calling it an income for her is simply inaccurate.

Plus, paying child support is inconvenient and perhaps a financial burden. Raising a child for 20 years is a complete change for her life.
The profit she takes in from her misdeed is hardly the crux of the matter. Merely one aspect.

The profit she takes in from her misdeed is hardly the crux of the matter. Merely one aspect.

I think what he's getting at is that it's a mite more intrusive to impregnate a woman by lying than for her to get impregnated by lying.

It's already a bitch-and-a-half to prove cases of reproductive coercion in men. I can't even imagine how hard that would be to do against women.
But it is vigorously pursued, and pursuantly punished when possible. A principled belief in “equality” mandates the same pursuit for justice be sought for the men, and the women when found guilty be punished just as severely.

I think what he's getting at is that it's a mite more intrusive to impregnate a woman by lying than for her to get impregnated by lying.
Says you.

I was simply addressing your comment "And as long as women can earn a 20 year payday without being charged for a crime; they’ll continue to lie about birth control.". I showed ample evidence that it is not a payday.

And the heavier risk is on her. The profound change in her life is much greater than his. And to risk that, simply because you want to get laid, is crimiinal for him.

Says you.

So you would claim that writing a check every month for 20 years is more intrusive than raising a baby to toddler to school student? Surely you are not that daft.

But it is vigorously pursued, and pursuantly punished when possible. A principled belief in “equality” mandates the same pursuit for justice be sought for the men, and the women when found guilty be punished just as severely.

I have no problem with that.

I was simply addressing your comment "And as long as women can earn a 20 year payday without being charged for a crime; they’ll continue to lie about birth control.". I showed ample evidence that it is not a payday.

And the heavier risk is on her. The profound change in her life is much greater than his. And to risk that, simply because you want to get laid, is crimiinal for him.
None the less, it happens all the time. And often times money is what the offenders also consider. Any other “hardships” you credit her for bearing are rendered null and void in instances where her deceit caused it, as it is self inflicted.

Says you.

So you would claim that writing a check every month for 20 years is more intrusive than raising a baby to toddler to school student? Surely you are not that daft.
Daft has nothing to do with it. Maybe the man didn’t want to father her child. Maybe he didn’t want his existing children to have bastard siblings. Maybe cutting the deceitful woman a check every month for 20 years diminishes his quality of life, and the quality of life for his children that he intended to sire. And all of this is granting you carte Blanche that the deceiving woman is allowed to keep the child as opposed to the man getting custody if he wants it. That is a whole nother argument...
In short who are you to place a value of her inconvenience above his; especially when he was defrauded. Looks like “equality mobile” is sputtering out...

Says you.

Daft has nothing to do with it. Maybe the man didn’t want to father her child. Maybe he didn’t want his existing children to have bastard siblings. Maybe cutting the deceitful woman a check every month for 20 years diminishes his quality of life, and the quality of life for his children that he intended to sire. And all of this is granting you carte Blanche that the deceiving woman is allowed to keep the child as opposed to the man getting custody if he wants it. That is a whole nother argument...
In short who are you to place a value of her inconvenience above his; especially when he was defrauded. Looks like “equality mobile” is sputtering out...

Not at all. I have said every time you brought it up that I am fine with both being prosecuted. I am simply saying that, all things being equal, the greater burden is on the woman. And all the man has to do to prevent it is wear a condom. Which considering the rampant STDs out there, is a good idea anyway.

None the less, it happens all the time. And often times money is what the offenders also consider. Any other “hardships” you credit her for bearing are rendered null and void in instances where her deceit caused it, as it is self inflicted.

And he, by taking her word for it, puts himself open for both an unwanted child and a long list of STDs.

Men should wear a condom whenever they fuck someone for sport.

Forum List

Back