U.S. Fencer Kneels During Anthem, Trashes America at Pan Am Games in Peru

Another little douchebag that needs to be deported to Venezuela..... don't like it here...get the fuck out!

He's also a fashion model, btw. Looks like an epic douche to me.

88d12228745bee61608512dbf832ab26.jpg

American fencer Race Imboden deserves induction into the "Hall of Shame" for kneeling on the victory stand at the Pan American Games and dishonoring his country on social media Friday. The Democratic Underground certainly loves his tweet blaming a "hateful" President for his pathetic protest, and Bleacher Report gave him a platform for encouraging other athletes to disrespect the U.S. flag.

Along with teammates Gerek Meinhardt and Nick Itkin, Imboden helped the USA defeat Brazil, 45-23 in the team foil gold-medal match. Meinhardt and Itkin were the real heroes of the day Friday ― for standing, for representing the United States with dignity and for respecting all who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today.

Shamefully, Imboden proudly posted a photo of his despicable act on Twitter along with a sorry explanation:

"We must call for change. This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,

"and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list. I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change."

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

He is a patriot and he was dead on. Trump is a spreader of hate. He is trying to divide people because that is the only way he can win. The people who are un-american and un-patriotic are Trump and his supporters. Everything that America as stood for is under assault by Trump.

Someone exercising his right to free speech?

How awful.

Why do you hate the Constitution?

Here you go again. You support freedom of speech only when the speech fits your narrative.
thank you---
--when Trump says illegals are not wanted, they go apeshit--call him RACIST
HOW DARE he say that??
....etc

Because it is racist. You have every right to criticize what Trump says.

How awful.

Here you go again. You support freedom of speech only when the speech fits your narrative.
thank you---
--when Trump says illegals are not wanted, they go apeshit--call him RACIST
HOW DARE he say that??
....etc

? what's racist?

How awful.

This idiot fencer hates the constitution. That’s exactly what this free speech of his just explained.

Trump and his supporters hate the Constitution. They think Trump can do whatever he wants to and checks and balances do not exist.

Interesting opinion, however there are no facts to support the assertions that you make.

Another little douchebag that needs to be deported to Venezuela..... don't like it here...get the fuck out!

American fencer Race Imboden deserves induction into the "Hall of Shame" for kneeling on the victory stand at the Pan American Games and dishonoring his country on social media Friday. The Democratic Underground certainly loves his tweet blaming a "hateful" President for his pathetic protest, and Bleacher Report gave him a platform for encouraging other athletes to disrespect the U.S. flag.

Along with teammates Gerek Meinhardt and Nick Itkin, Imboden helped the USA defeat Brazil, 45-23 in the team foil gold-medal match. Meinhardt and Itkin were the real heroes of the day Friday ― for standing, for representing the United States with dignity and for respecting all who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today.

Shamefully, Imboden proudly posted a photo of his despicable act on Twitter along with a sorry explanation:

"We must call for change. This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,

"and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list. I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change."

Easy answer. Trash our country while out of state representing us? Don't come back. Passport null and void.

Bet at some point he is BEGGING to be let back in!

You want to turn this into Nazi Germany. You want a cheap kind of patriotism. One in which no one questions anything the country does. Trump and you garbage are trashing our country.

Next you're going to tell us that Americans are obligated to give their homes to foreigners and then to kill themselves so as not to hog the oxygen in the air and that anyone who disagrees is a racist.

You want to turn this into Nazi Germany. You want a cheap kind of patriotism. One in which no one questions anything the country does.
You mean like sending the Secret Service and FBI after reporters wiretapping their phone calls and trying to ruin them for trying to just do their jobs? Oops. Wrong president. That was OBAMA who nearly destroyed James Rosen and tried to label him a spy for simply trying to report on the president's activities!
Trump and his supporters hate the Constitution. They think Trump can do whatever he wants to and checks and balances do not exist.
Is that why the Supreme Court SLAPPED him down hard like six times saying the president had exceeded his constitutional authority? Damn. That was OBAMA again.
Yeah, hate the Constitution. I guess that's why Trump's colors are the colors of the flag and his supporters are mainly constitutionalists, right?

3820827b4e69f79634ab35f6917e0a4d.gif

Easy answer. Trash our country while out of state representing us? Don't come back. Passport null and void.

Bet at some point he is BEGGING to be let back in!

You want to turn this into Nazi Germany. You want a cheap kind of patriotism. One in which no one questions anything the country does. Trump and you garbage are trashing our country.

I'm all for free speech, he is allowed to do it. I am allowed to think he is an idiot for doing it in Peru and the Pan-American Games can sanction him as per their rules regarding political statements.

Our nation represents FREEDOM, including free expression. Other nations should respect that, especially Russia, China, N.Korea, etc.
Our nation selected him based on performance, which is the best “rep” in this case.

Keep his political views off the podium. Evidently he and all participants were warned and now he faces sanctions.
I agree that political views and “demonstrations” should be kept off the athletic podium. Does a silent kneeling reflect a “demonstration”?

Here is the language for Rule 50 of the Olympic Charter:
“No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.”

His kneeling stood out obviously, but in itself it was not “political”. Yes, it was not conforming to the ritual of standing while a nation’s anthem is played, and therefore distracting.

My preference is to NOT have the nation’s anthem played from the gold-winning athlete(s). THAT is political.

His statement makes it clear that his intent was political.

NOt that there was any real doubt.

So, your entire post is basically lying.
You don’t know what “lying” is.
I was observing facts. At the time of his SILENT kneeling, there was NO INFORMATION about his act, political or otherwise.

Only AFTER the fact, did he explain his action.

Hmmm...He was kneeling for no reason? Out of the respect for the flag? We all know by previous actions in sports over the last 3-4 years that kneeling is has been a form of protest, it is not a big leap and almost every American can tell you that, that you choose to pretend it wasn't a protest is just plain silly.
I agree that kneeling in past few years has been expressed by those doing it as protest, but I don’t think that posture should immediately be interpreted that way. Maybe his back hurt then? Maybe it’s another form of respect by someone who is not a conformist!

Some non-USA medalists saluted, while the other USA medalists just stood there. Were the 2 USA medalists who just stood disrespectful?

Do you believe in FREEDOM of individual expression? 1st Amendment?

How awful.

Why are you against US using OUR free speech? Why do you hate the constitution?
Are you stupid or what?

Where did I do that?
Are you retarded? Let me explain it to you.

You said we are against the constitution when we criticise him. You suggested that we are against free speech. Remember? We arent though. We are merely excercising OUR free speech and you had a problem with it. Do you understand now, hypocrite moron?
14tb1g.jpg

How awful.

Why are you against US using OUR free speech? Why do you hate the constitution?
Are you stupid or what?

Where did I do that?
Are you retarded? Let me explain it to you.

You said we are against the constitution when we criticise him. You suggested that we are against free speech. Remember? We arent though. We are merely excercising OUR free speech and you had a problem with it. Do you understand now, hypocrite moron?
View attachment 274578
Your ineffective meme isnt going to dig you out of this hole.

Keep his political views off the podium. Evidently he and all participants were warned and now he faces sanctions.
I agree that political views and “demonstrations” should be kept off the athletic podium. Does a silent kneeling reflect a “demonstration”?

“No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.”

His kneeling stood out obviously, but in itself it was not “political”. Yes, it was not conforming to the ritual of standing while a nation’s anthem is played, and therefore distracting.

My preference is to NOT have the nation’s anthem played from the gold-winning athlete(s). THAT is political.

I was observing facts. At the time of his SILENT kneeling, there was NO INFORMATION about his act, political or otherwise.

Hmmm...He was kneeling for no reason? Out of the respect for the flag? We all know by previous actions in sports over the last 3-4 years that kneeling is has been a form of protest, it is not a big leap and almost every American can tell you that, that you choose to pretend it wasn't a protest is just plain silly.
I agree that kneeling in past few years has been expressed by those doing it as protest, but I don’t think that posture should immediately be interpreted that way. Maybe his back hurt then? Maybe it’s another form of respect by someone who is not a conformist!

Some non-USA medalists saluted, while the other USA medalists just stood there. Were the 2 USA medalists who just stood disrespectful?

I have no problem with freedom of expression, when you are participating in an event and you agree to the rules, then you honor your word.

I have no problem with freedom of expression, when you are participating in an event and you agree to the rules, then you honor your word.
Agreed.
What were the rules in that event?

Agreed.
What were the rules in that event?
According to the article, no political demonstrations.

During an unity ritual, where standing is done to show respect and loyalty to the symbol of the nation as a whole, (and thus all it's citizens), he/they kneel.

That is making a statement of disrespect about a political unit, ie the Nation as a whole.

It is an Act of Willful Ignorance, for people like you to pretend to not understand his statement.

And when he gets around to making a verbal clarification?

What a surprise, it was a political statement about the nation as a whole, a statement expressing a list of bullshit attacks aimed at the nation as a whole.

He is an anti-American piece of shit, and should be treated as such.
We have different views.
I am a patriot who believes in FREEDOM.
You appear to be a nationalistic chauvinist.

I did not attack him based on his using his Freedom to speak, but on the content of his speech.

We are not required to support all content in order to support the Right to Speech.

If "FREEDOM" is your thing, than you should have no complaint with my position.

How awful.

This idiot fencer hates the constitution. That’s exactly what this free speech of his just explained.

Interesting opinion, however there are no facts to support the assertions that you make.

All you have to do is listen to the news.

How awful.

All you have to do is listen to the news.

Got it. YOu've got NOTHING.

Forum List

Back