U.S. Fencer Kneels During Anthem, Trashes America at Pan Am Games in Peru

The idea that any real Americans, would need the President to tell them that any American citizen kneeling during the National Anthem is a piece of shit,

is fucking moronic.

That kinda crap really angers me, yannow? My uncle had nightmares for the rest of his life from seeing his buddy's leg that he went through basic with get blown off right in front of him. Fighting for America.

Then comes along these pansies that have had it made due to what those before them have endured and they don't respect a damn thing. Fuck Them.

Well, what you said is completely true, it is important to remember that the Flag is not the symbol of America's veterans, but the symbol of all of America.

When Kapaernic is kneeling during the National Anthem, his is indeed showing disrespect to people like your uncle who deserve that respect,

but he is also showing disrespect to ever single American, alive and dead.

That fact that he does this, and retains his citizenship, shows that while he feels no sense of loyalty to his fellow Americans, he is happy to benefit from their protection and support and sacrifices, and ect.

He is a piece of shit.

I was in the military for over 20 years and am now retired. I never swore an oath to either the flag or the anthem, the oath I swore was to support and defend the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That means I also support and defend what is in that document and two of those things are the right to free speech and the right to peaceful protest. If a person feels secure enough in their rights as a citizen to do peaceful protest, then that means my service wasn't in vain, because the Constitution is still in effect.

To tell you the truth, people who don't vote piss me off more than those that take a knee. Why? Because the people taking a knee are utilizing the rights that I defended for 20 years. The people who don't vote? They are the ones disrespecting veterans, because they have been given the right to vote, but don't use it.

That's all nice but no one is arguing they don't have a right to kneel during the anthem. You were suckered into the wrong discussion. Notice how you argued their right to kneel, but you never addressed why they were kneeling? Can you figure that out? If you do then you understand why kneeling doesn't solve anything and is nothing more than divisive. But the main ones kneeling sure are making good money with Nike on ads. Hmmmm.... LOL

Trump's attack on Kap and others is an affront to the First Amendment. Knelling during the National Anthem is both a legitimate form of protest not even close to as divisive as flying the Stars and Bars or the German Flag under Hitler.

The former is and remains a silent protest to what had become an epidemic of murders by police officers of black men, under circumstances which were not capital crimes. In fact the protest has caused local police agencies around the nation to review use of force policies.

In fact it has grown and used to protest the hypocrisy of the land of the free when systemic racism, misogyny and homophobic continues with the overt and covert words and policies of trump.

1. Judging Kap and others based on what they say, is not an attack on their right to say it. You are a moron.

2. There is no epidemic of blacks murdered by police officers. That is race baiting bullshit.

3. Got it Race Card play noted. YOu are a race baiting asshole.

Another little douchebag that needs to be deported to Venezuela..... don't like it here...get the fuck out!

He's also a fashion model, btw. Looks like an epic douche to me.

88d12228745bee61608512dbf832ab26.jpg

American fencer Race Imboden deserves induction into the "Hall of Shame" for kneeling on the victory stand at the Pan American Games and dishonoring his country on social media Friday. The Democratic Underground certainly loves his tweet blaming a "hateful" President for his pathetic protest, and Bleacher Report gave him a platform for encouraging other athletes to disrespect the U.S. flag.

Along with teammates Gerek Meinhardt and Nick Itkin, Imboden helped the USA defeat Brazil, 45-23 in the team foil gold-medal match. Meinhardt and Itkin were the real heroes of the day Friday ― for standing, for representing the United States with dignity and for respecting all who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today.

Shamefully, Imboden proudly posted a photo of his despicable act on Twitter along with a sorry explanation:

"We must call for change. This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,

"and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list. I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change."

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

"Don't like it leave" lol

Spoken like a true supporter of small government and democracy who believes in the tradition of our founding fathers.
The founding fathers had all people that wanted to be free... you scum want to overthrow the government and start your own caliphate here in America....it is past....way past the 20 years...
iu

search

That kinda crap really angers me, yannow? My uncle had nightmares for the rest of his life from seeing his buddy's leg that he went through basic with get blown off right in front of him. Fighting for America.

Then comes along these pansies that have had it made due to what those before them have endured and they don't respect a damn thing. Fuck Them.

Well, what you said is completely true, it is important to remember that the Flag is not the symbol of America's veterans, but the symbol of all of America.

When Kapaernic is kneeling during the National Anthem, his is indeed showing disrespect to people like your uncle who deserve that respect,

but he is also showing disrespect to ever single American, alive and dead.

That fact that he does this, and retains his citizenship, shows that while he feels no sense of loyalty to his fellow Americans, he is happy to benefit from their protection and support and sacrifices, and ect.

He is a piece of shit.

I was in the military for over 20 years and am now retired. I never swore an oath to either the flag or the anthem, the oath I swore was to support and defend the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That means I also support and defend what is in that document and two of those things are the right to free speech and the right to peaceful protest. If a person feels secure enough in their rights as a citizen to do peaceful protest, then that means my service wasn't in vain, because the Constitution is still in effect.

To tell you the truth, people who don't vote piss me off more than those that take a knee. Why? Because the people taking a knee are utilizing the rights that I defended for 20 years. The people who don't vote? They are the ones disrespecting veterans, because they have been given the right to vote, but don't use it.

That's all nice but no one is arguing they don't have a right to kneel during the anthem. You were suckered into the wrong discussion. Notice how you argued their right to kneel, but you never addressed why they were kneeling? Can you figure that out? If you do then you understand why kneeling doesn't solve anything and is nothing more than divisive. But the main ones kneeling sure are making good money with Nike on ads. Hmmmm.... LOL

Trump's attack on Kap and others is an affront to the First Amendment. Knelling during the National Anthem is both a legitimate form of protest not even close to as divisive as flying the Stars and Bars or the German Flag under Hitler.

The former is and remains a silent protest to what had become an epidemic of murders by police officers of black men, under circumstances which were not capital crimes. In fact the protest has caused local police agencies around the nation to review use of force policies.

In fact it has grown and used to protest the hypocrisy of the land of the free when systemic racism, misogyny and homophobic continues with the overt and covert words and policies of trump.

1. Judging Kap and others based on what they say, is not an attack on their right to say it. You are a moron.

2. There is no epidemic of blacks murdered by police officers. That is race baiting bullshit.

3. Got it Race Card play noted. YOu are a race baiting asshole.

^^ THIS ^^

Another little douchebag that needs to be deported to Venezuela..... don't like it here...get the fuck out!

American fencer Race Imboden deserves induction into the "Hall of Shame" for kneeling on the victory stand at the Pan American Games and dishonoring his country on social media Friday. The Democratic Underground certainly loves his tweet blaming a "hateful" President for his pathetic protest, and Bleacher Report gave him a platform for encouraging other athletes to disrespect the U.S. flag.

Along with teammates Gerek Meinhardt and Nick Itkin, Imboden helped the USA defeat Brazil, 45-23 in the team foil gold-medal match. Meinhardt and Itkin were the real heroes of the day Friday ― for standing, for representing the United States with dignity and for respecting all who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today.

Shamefully, Imboden proudly posted a photo of his despicable act on Twitter along with a sorry explanation:

"We must call for change. This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,

"and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list. I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change."

Easy answer. Trash our country while out of state representing us? Don't come back. Passport null and void.

Bet at some point he is BEGGING to be let back in!

When he enters the country and hands over his passport they need to toss it in the trash and hand him a Venezuelan replacement.

Easy answer. Trash our country while out of state representing us? Don't come back. Passport null and void.

Bet at some point he is BEGGING to be let back in!

When he enters the country and hands over his passport they need to toss it in the trash and hand him a Venezuelan replacement.

I would LOVE to see the little pussy's face when upon reentering the USA, he is stopped at the unloading area, informed his passport has been revoked and told he is not allowed back into the country, now on a watch-list of potential enemies and to pick another plane and board it for another country.

Of course, that WON'T happen and probably shouldn't happen, but it makes you wonder,

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW ANY FOREIGNER HERE or in another country railing off saying terrible things about their home country to us or wherever they were at (that wasn't an obviously terrible place like Venezuela or N. Korea)?

I can't think of one incident.

I know we're not perfect and our country has made mistakes and done a lot of things I don't agree with, but really, tell me which country hasn't (that you would want to live in)?

What’s wrong with you emotionally retarded PC a-holes? Don’t like free expression, unless it’s hate speech?
LOL.

Choose a better venue and not when you're repping your nation
Our nation represents FREEDOM, including free expression. Other nations should respect that, especially Russia, China, N.Korea, etc.
Our nation selected him based on performance, which is the best “rep” in this case.

Keep his political views off the podium. Evidently he and all participants were warned and now he faces sanctions.
I agree that political views and “demonstrations” should be kept off the athletic podium. Does a silent kneeling reflect a “demonstration”?

Here is the language for Rule 50 of the Olympic Charter:
“No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.”

His kneeling stood out obviously, but in itself it was not “political”. Yes, it was not conforming to the ritual of standing while a nation’s anthem is played, and therefore distracting.

My preference is to NOT have the nation’s anthem played from the gold-winning athlete(s). THAT is political.

What’s wrong with you emotionally retarded PC a-holes? Don’t like free expression, unless it’s hate speech?
LOL.

Our nation represents FREEDOM, including free expression. Other nations should respect that, especially Russia, China, N.Korea, etc.
Our nation selected him based on performance, which is the best “rep” in this case.

Keep his political views off the podium. Evidently he and all participants were warned and now he faces sanctions.
I agree that political views and “demonstrations” should be kept off the athletic podium. Does a silent kneeling reflect a “demonstration”?

“No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.”

His kneeling stood out obviously, but in itself it was not “political”. Yes, it was not conforming to the ritual of standing while a nation’s anthem is played, and therefore distracting.

My preference is to NOT have the nation’s anthem played from the gold-winning athlete(s). THAT is political.

His statement makes it clear that his intent was political.

NOt that there was any real doubt.

So, your entire post is basically lying.

There was a time when women didn't have the same property ownership rights as men, and couldn't even vote till the 1920's. I'm guessing that the same folks who want to control how free citizens act around the flag would have been outraged at women finally getting property and voting rights.

There was a time when women didn't have the same property ownership rights as men, and couldn't even vote till the 1920's. I'm guessing that the same folks who want to control how free citizens act around the flag would have been outraged at women finally getting property and voting rights.

You guess wrong, AGAIN!!!

Desperate for attention is all. No American even watches fencing. Fuck'em.

LOL.

You don’t know what “lying” is.
I was observing facts. At the time of his SILENT kneeling, there was NO INFORMATION about his act, political or otherwise.

Only AFTER the fact, did he explain his action.

I do not agree with what he said, but I would fight for his right to say it.

Ever hear something like that?

Note that it does not require agreeing with what he said.

Having the right to say something, does not give you the right to not be judged on the shit you say.

YOur confusion on this, is stupid.

I was observing facts. At the time of his SILENT kneeling, there was NO INFORMATION about his act, political or otherwise.

During an unity ritual, where standing is done to show respect and loyalty to the symbol of the nation as a whole, (and thus all it's citizens), he/they kneel.

That is making a statement of disrespect about a political unit, ie the Nation as a whole.

It is an Act of Willful Ignorance, for people like you to pretend to not understand his statement.

And when he gets around to making a verbal clarification?

What a surprise, it was a political statement about the nation as a whole, a statement expressing a list of bullshit attacks aimed at the nation as a whole.

He is an anti-American piece of shit, and should be treated as such.

Someone exercising his right to free speech?

How awful.

Why do you hate the Constitution?
Why are you against US using OUR free speech? Why do you hate the constitution?
Are you stupid or what?

Where did I do that?
Are you retarded? Let me explain it to you.

You said we are against the constitution when we criticise him. You suggested that we are against free speech. Remember? We arent though. We are merely excercising OUR free speech and you had a problem with it. Do you understand now, hypocrite moron?

During an unity ritual, where standing is done to show respect and loyalty to the symbol of the nation as a whole, (and thus all it's citizens), he/they kneel.

That is making a statement of disrespect about a political unit, ie the Nation as a whole.

It is an Act of Willful Ignorance, for people like you to pretend to not understand his statement.

And when he gets around to making a verbal clarification?

What a surprise, it was a political statement about the nation as a whole, a statement expressing a list of bullshit attacks aimed at the nation as a whole.

He is an anti-American piece of shit, and should be treated as such.
We have different views.
I am a patriot who believes in FREEDOM.
You appear to be a nationalistic chauvinist.

Hmmm...He was kneeling for no reason? Out of the respect for the flag? We all know by previous actions in sports over the last 3-4 years that kneeling is has been a form of protest, it is not a big leap and almost every American can tell you that, that you choose to pretend it wasn't a protest is just plain silly.

Forum List

Back