U.S. Marine Banned From Wearing Dress Blues for HS Graduation

It says that the nearby high school allows uniforms at grad ceremony for those that have earned right to do so.

He doesn't attend the nearby high school he attends this one and they have a different policy.

Stop being a whiny shit every time a conservative doesn't get his/her own way.

Suck it up snowflake!
Sure thing Madam Nhu.

[
I have taught for over 18 years and served as assistant principal of a high school with over 3200 students.

I have a far better grip on reality than some private school teacher who couldn't meet the qualifications to teach public school. I have yet to meet a private school teacher who chose to teach private school unless they were unqualified to teach public schools because of certification requirements. The pay scale of private schools is so inferior that it attracts sufficient unqualified teachers for that reason.

That's interesting. Down here private high school teachers get paid way more than public, which means they are usually better qualified than public school.
[
I have taught for over 18 years and served as assistant principal of a high school with over 3200 students.

I have a far better grip on reality than some private school teacher who couldn't meet the qualifications to teach public school. I have yet to meet a private school teacher who chose to teach private school unless they were unqualified to teach public schools because of certification requirements. The pay scale of private schools is so inferior that it attracts sufficient unqualified teachers for that reason.

That's interesting. Down here private high school teachers get paid way more than public, which means they are usually better qualified than public school.
[

Thank you...your ma is a wonderful woman. I recant my last post on this...but you were pushing it a bit. Lol.

Not the same young man, but good to see, Principal apologizes for banning Army uniform at graduation

BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A Northern California high school principal on Monday issued a public apology and handed a diploma to an Army reservist who was not allowed to wear his military uniform at his graduation ceremony last week.

Liberty High School Principal Patrick Walsh apologized to a Harland Fletcher, a private first class reservist in the U.S. Army, and took full responsibility for the mishap at a ceremony where many waved American flags.

Fletcher sat out the Friday ceremony at Liberty High School after the principal told him he would have to wear a cap and gown over his uniform if he wanted to participate.

"I made a mistake last Friday night, and I don't mince words. I deeply regret what occurred," Walsh said.

More at link. Major kudos to the principal publically admitting he made a mistake. Also, of interest, further into the article, it was actually a violation of the law. "What was done was completely in violation of the law," Edwards said. California law gives Fletcher the right to wear his uniform during graduation.
They are issued now to all Marines. When you say "undress greens" do you mean his gabardines?
No. Undress green is (was) green (winter) trousers, no jacket, tan shirt, "piss-cutter" cover (hat). Full dress green includes either "battle (Eisenhower style) jacket or blouse and garrison cap (full brimmed hat).

I preferred greens to dress blues because blues made one look like a doorman.

A garrison cap is a "pisscutter".

No. To my Congressman and U.S. Senator.

Really? Can you give us their names so that we can also write and explain why your idea is unconstitutional?
I will educate you on the Constitution.

You didn't answer the question, AGAIN!

Typical.

How will you educate me, when you have failed to get anything right, so far?
Well...you are a typical education administrator...out of touch with reality. You ever actually taught in a classroom? Or are you some desk jockey?

3200 is not good. Optimum size in between 600-800. We have around 780.

Not the same young man, but good to see, Principal apologizes for banning Army uniform at graduation

BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A Northern California high school principal on Monday issued a public apology and handed a diploma to an Army reservist who was not allowed to wear his military uniform at his graduation ceremony last week.

Liberty High School Principal Patrick Walsh apologized to a Harland Fletcher, a private first class reservist in the U.S. Army, and took full responsibility for the mishap at a ceremony where many waved American flags.

Fletcher sat out the Friday ceremony at Liberty High School after the principal told him he would have to wear a cap and gown over his uniform if he wanted to participate.

"I made a mistake last Friday night, and I don't mince words. I deeply regret what occurred," Walsh said.

More at link. Major kudos to the principal publically admitting he made a mistake. Also, of interest, further into the article, it was actually a violation of the law. "What was done was completely in violation of the law," Edwards said. California law gives Fletcher the right to wear his uniform during graduation.
They are issued now to all Marines. When you say "undress greens" do you mean his gabardines?
No. Undress green is (was) green (winter) trousers, no jacket, tan shirt, "piss-cutter" cover (hat). Full dress green includes either "battle (Eisenhower style) jacket or blouse and garrison cap (full brimmed hat).

I preferred greens to dress blues because blues made one look like a doorman.

A garrison cap is a "pisscutter".
You must starch it until you could "cut piss with it."

[

Where is "down here"?

Even at the 'elite" private schools, teachers are usually paid much less than starting pay at a public school.

Really? Can you give us their names so that we can also write and explain why your idea is unconstitutional?

Typical.

Well...you are a typical education administrator...out of touch with reality. You ever actually taught in a classroom? Or are you some desk jockey?

It would have been less except the school board dicked the dog for ten years in building a relief school.

It was in a school district with 127,000 students.

Typical.

It would have been less except the school board dicked the dog for ten years in building a relief school.

Wow. You don't want a school so small that elementary school kids and high school kids roam the halls together, and you do not want it so big that it is impersonal and students and teachers cannot have a relationship. Studies show that 500 to 800 zone is good. Here is a study on it as well.
Why Class Size Matters Today

Just another example of what a disgrace our nation has become. Too many years of liberal disrespect for our military.
Marine fresh from boot camp denied high-school graduation walk over dress blues dispute

Semper Fi, my fellow Marine.

You did good.

Idiots like those don't even deserve any further comment. Any school that would not have been proud to have a student voluntarily serving their country is not worthy of anything more than the ridicule they have already brought upon themselves.

Typical.

Wow. You don't want a school so small that elementary school kids and high school kids roam the halls together, and you do not want it so big that it is impersonal and students and teachers cannot have a relationship. Studies show that 500 to 800 zone is good. Here is a study on it as well.

Where did I disagree with your assertion?

Just another example of what a disgrace our nation has become. Too many years of liberal disrespect for our military.
Marine fresh from boot camp denied high-school graduation walk over dress blues dispute

You did good.

Idiots like those don't even deserve any further comment. Any school that would not have been proud to have a student voluntarily serving their country is not worthy of anything more than the ridicule they have already brought upon themselves.

Spoken like someone who could not be bothered to read the thread.

Great job!

You did not...I was blown away by your school size. Football program come into play here...just guessing.

You did good.

Oooohhhhrahhhh Devil Dog!! Semper Fi do or die! "Count cadence delayed cadence count...

You did not...I was blown away by your school size. Football program come into play here...just guessing.

Nope. It was just pathetically poor planning by a school district with only 4 high schools covering an area that was about half the size of the area covered by 13 other high schools and 2 votech high schools.

You did good.

Great job!

I read the op and the article it is linked to.

Show me where it said "don't forget to read all the drivel from the various Twinkies and snowflakes"

You did good.

Great job!

I read the op and the article it is linked to.

Show me where it said "don't forget to read all the drivel from the various Twinkies and snowflakes"

If you want to base your opinions on that limited information, go right ahead! Stupid is as stupid does!

I take it you are also a Marine. If so, we know that jar as in "jarhead" was obviously empty and not screwed on tight!

I have taught in 5 different high schools in two states and for the DoD. Not not one of these schools would allow anyone to not wear the cap and gown. Notice I said DoD, as all of my students were all military dependents.

I live right outside that same Army post and none of the off-post high schools would allow this either. It is not the yuppy school administrators but the elected boards of education that set these policies. Sadly, you are barking up the wrong tree.

All of these schools have an award ceremony for their graduating students and recruits form all services are recognized. That is the proper forum for these students. No dress code outside of normal school requirements is usually mandated.

Just because you personally have not witnessed people graduating in their uniforms does not mean it never happens, cup cake.

And when a service member requests that they be allowed to graduate in uniform they should be granted that honor.

So...you want BIG government to override a school district's decision. I thought con-servatives were against BIG government.
/---- On certain things YES. Like disrespecting the flag, uniform and reinstating slavery and segregation. On certain things the Gubment should over rule the school district
How is requiring some one wear their graduation gown disrespecting a uniform?
There is your problem. not just "a uniform." You don't get it and never will.

Nice dodge.

How about answering this question then.

How is requiring some one their graduation gown disrespecting the uniform of the one of the branches of the finest military force on the planet?
Because you don't cover that uniform...you glorify it...honor it in public...you do not hide it. That's disrespectful.

So you have a ..... fetish. A magical one that makes you immune to the rules.

Isn't that special.
snore.gif

Just saw a report on F&F that he had a graduation ceremony and wore his uniform and had the principal hand him his diploma with lots and lots of friends and family there to applaud him!

Forum List

Back