U.S. Marine Banned From Wearing Dress Blues for HS Graduation

why do conservatives think military service puts one above the rules?
Ok..just one more. Military service members protect this nation, it's people ,and our way of life...including your right to your freedoms found in the Constitution. Now, Google search Arlington National Cemetery . Servicemen and vet's have treated different in this society. Different benefits and perks, GI Bill, hospitalization etc. Sure, this high school had it's graduation dress code. Ok...so we all listen to Paul Blart mall cop when we are shopping. Who gets more respect Paul Blart who defending the Bath and Body Shop...or the Marine serving his nation? Exception should have been made for a brave and outstanding young Marine. Bush92 out.
So...you written that sternly worded letter to the local school board yet?
No. To my Congressman and U.S. Senator.

Really? Can you give us their names so that we can also write and explain why your idea is unconstitutional?
I will educate you on the Constitution.

Ok..just one more. Military service members protect this nation, it's people ,and our way of life...including your right to your freedoms found in the Constitution. Now, Google search Arlington National Cemetery . Servicemen and vet's have treated different in this society. Different benefits and perks, GI Bill, hospitalization etc. Sure, this high school had it's graduation dress code. Ok...so we all listen to Paul Blart mall cop when we are shopping. Who gets more respect Paul Blart who defending the Bath and Body Shop...or the Marine serving his nation? Exception should have been made for a brave and outstanding young Marine. Bush92 out.

He is a brave and outstanding Marine just for finishing boot camp?

Bowe Bergdahl did the same!

Chelsea Manning finished boot camp too!

Man, you need to raise your standards!
He made the commitment before graduation. If his conduct changes later that is different. But until then he showed the backbone to do it.

I have to hand it to you! You are the most pathetic example of someone who has a red herring for every situation.

You have been shown to be wrong countless times in this thread, but you still keep ramming your head into that brick wall.

Really? Can you give us their names so that we can also write and explain why your idea is unconstitutional?

You didn't answer the question, AGAIN!

Typical.

How will you educate me, when you have failed to get anything right, so far?

Typical.

I have not been wrong one time. I disagree with the policy.

Let's go...how is it unconstitutional ?

The wearing of the uniform in violation of the dress code for graduation is not a "free speech" issue, so you have no recourse but to abide by the school district's decision. He can either abide or not attend.

You do realize that attendance at most school graduations is voluntary. I had several students who chose not to sit through our graduation because of the threat of thunderstorms and our not having an indoor facility. Others just didn't care for the crowd, parking, etc.

Typical.

Fine. Disagree with the policy. Convince your schools to allow the uniform if they wish. Do not impose your flawed belief system on others.

Every reason you have supplied for your disagreement is wrong.

They are issued now to all Marines. When you say "undress greens" do you mean his gabardines?
No. Undress green is (was) green (winter) trousers, no jacket, tan shirt, "piss-cutter" cover (hat). Full dress green includes either "battle (Eisenhower style) jacket or blouse and garrison cap (full brimmed hat).

I preferred greens to dress blues because blues made one look like a doorman.

No you won't.

Typical.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's funny that you believe your Congressman or U.S. Senator will care what you think about a local school board that is not yours.

How many high school graduations have you attended? How long have you been a teacher? How long did you serve as an administrator? When you did you get your Master's degree in educational leadership?
Master's in Ed. 1998 been teaching ever since. Private school. Producing good Americans.

Any teacher worth their salt knows that we don't "produce" good Americans, but rather we help them achieve their potential.
That's when America began to go down hill. Kids say pledge everyday. I promote patriotism as well. Should also have school prayer.
"Should also have school prayer".......which religion?
Any that you wish to pray to in silence after the Pledge.
So...you are not asking for school prayer, you are asking for silence after the Pledge....so kids could be picking their nose, thinking about lunch, or even thinking about who they want to get laid with......

So...you want BIG government to override a school district's decision. I thought con-servatives were against BIG government.
/---- On certain things YES. Like disrespecting the flag, uniform and reinstating slavery and segregation. On certain things the Gubment should over rule the school district
How is requiring some one wear their graduation gown disrespecting a uniform?

It's funny that you believe your Congressman or U.S. Senator will care what you think about a local school board that is not yours.
Federal legislation. Look up the Supremacy Clause.

So...you want BIG government to override a school district's decision. I thought con-servatives were against BIG government.
/---- On certain things YES. Like disrespecting the flag, uniform and reinstating slavery and segregation. On certain things the Gubment should over rule the school district
There is your problem. not just "a uniform." You don't get it and never will.

Master's in Ed. 1998 been teaching ever since. Private school. Producing good Americans.

Any teacher worth their salt knows that we don't "produce" good Americans, but rather we help them achieve their potential.
That's when America began to go down hill. Kids say pledge everyday. I promote patriotism as well. Should also have school prayer.
"Should also have school prayer".......which religion?
Any that you wish to pray to in silence after the Pledge.
So...you are not asking for school prayer, you are asking for silence after the Pledge....so kids could be picking their nose, thinking about lunch, or even thinking about who they want to get laid with......
Best we can ask for after that piece of shit Earl Warren fucked up the nation.

He is a brave and outstanding Marine just for finishing boot camp?

Bowe Bergdahl did the same!

Chelsea Manning finished boot camp too!

Man, you need to raise your standards!

Those who volunteer to serve our country deserve our praise and recognition until they do something disgraceful, if they do, and then they have nullified that respect.

Those who complete boot camp are far above the likes of Bergdahl until they dishonor themselves.

That still does not give them the right to violate the school's dress code for graduation.

Of course not, but if the Marine requested it then the school should grant the permission.

This is not exactly rocket science, dude, those who wear the uniform deserve respect and permission to display the uniform.

It is a handy recruiting tool and that is probably why the yuppy school admins did not want the uniform shown.

Shades of Nam Spitting? Will it make a comeback with our soldiers due to the "show tolerance" crowd that doesn't seem to show tolerance themselves?

I wasn't the one advocating school prayer. Have you ever been in a situation where you were the only Christian? I have had entire classes where I was the only one. Should I be subjected to their beliefs in a daily prayer at school? Of course not, just like I would not impose my beliefs on them.

Listening to someone pray of another religion is not being subjugated, you little drama queen!

Yeah, lets go back to 1965 with all of the segregation, the fact that we ignored all special education children, and many other problems that you just glossed over!

Why cant we restore what worked and avoid what did not? Our educational system was better then despite all its faults.

Better yet, let's require all female teachers to quit when they get married. Wouldn't want all of those impressionable young minds knowing that their teacher might be having sex!

Better than having the teacher demo how a dildo is used in front of the class!

roflmao

Nice dodge.

How about answering this question then.

How is requiring some one their graduation gown disrespecting the uniform of the one of the branches of the finest military force on the planet?

Nice dodge.

How about answering this question then.

How is requiring some one their graduation gown disrespecting the uniform of the one of the branches of the finest military force on the planet?
Because you don't cover that uniform...you glorify it...honor it in public...you do not hide it. That's disrespectful.

Forum List

Back