U.S. Marine Banned From Wearing Dress Blues for HS Graduation

Just another example of what a disgrace our nation has become. Too many years of liberal disrespect for our military.
Marine fresh from boot camp denied high-school graduation walk over dress blues dispute

You mean that everyone should just bow down to the US military no matter what? If the US military had a gun to your head and demanded you give up your guns, would you be bowing down to them then?
Yes
Chance Phelps

Repeatedly posting a source for seemingly no reasons doesn't improve your chances that anyone gives a damn about what that source is. I'm not opening it.
Because it supports the case as to why this United States Marine on active duty should be allowed to wear his dress blues.

Yes, well, you might think this. The correct thing to do would be to post the source, then quote the part of the source you think supports your view, and then explain why this particular quote supports you.

Otherwise it's just a website that is meaningless.

But hey, if you don't want to try and back yourself up properly, it's no skin off my nose.

That's because you are wrong. I can look at this from the military side and the education side. You have what perspective?
Both.

How many high school graduations have you attended? How long have you been a teacher? How long did you serve as an administrator? When you did you get your Master's degree in educational leadership?
Master's in Ed. 1998 been teaching ever since. Private school. Producing good Americans.

Any teacher worth their salt knows that we don't "produce" good Americans, but rather we help them achieve their potential.
That's when America began to go down hill. Kids say pledge everyday. I promote patriotism as well. Should also have school prayer.
"Should also have school prayer".......which religion?

why do conservatives think military service puts one above the rules?
Ok..just one more. Military service members protect this nation, it's people ,and our way of life...including your right to your freedoms found in the Constitution. Now, Google search Arlington National Cemetery . Servicemen and vet's have treated different in this society. Different benefits and perks, GI Bill, hospitalization etc. Sure, this high school had it's graduation dress code. Ok...so we all listen to Paul Blart mall cop when we are shopping. Who gets more respect Paul Blart who defending the Bath and Body Shop...or the Marine serving his nation? Exception should have been made for a brave and outstanding young Marine. Bush92 out.
I notice in all your words, you have not answered her question....

Ok..just one more. Military service members protect this nation, it's people ,and our way of life...including your right to your freedoms found in the Constitution. Now, Google search Arlington National Cemetery . Servicemen and vet's have treated different in this society. Different benefits and perks, GI Bill, hospitalization etc. Sure, this high school had it's graduation dress code. Ok...so we all listen to Paul Blart mall cop when we are shopping. Who gets more respect Paul Blart who defending the Bath and Body Shop...or the Marine serving his nation? Exception should have been made for a brave and outstanding young Marine. Bush92 out.
So...you written that sternly worded letter to the local school board yet?
No. To my Congressman and U.S. Senator.

How many high school graduations have you attended? How long have you been a teacher? How long did you serve as an administrator? When you did you get your Master's degree in educational leadership?
Master's in Ed. 1998 been teaching ever since. Private school. Producing good Americans.

Any teacher worth their salt knows that we don't "produce" good Americans, but rather we help them achieve their potential.
That's when America began to go down hill. Kids say pledge everyday. I promote patriotism as well. Should also have school prayer.
"Should also have school prayer".......which religion?
Any that you wish to pray to in silence after the Pledge.

So...you want BIG government to override a school district's decision. I thought con-servatives were against BIG government.

That's because you are wrong. I can look at this from the military side and the education side. You have what perspective?
Both.

Yeah, right! I believe that! Of course, I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny!

Take your private school and allow your students to break tradition if you wish. Let other schools do as they wish.
Just sat with the rest of faculty through another graduation last month.

So, if that is true,(which you conveniently failed to mention up until now), how many graduates wore their dress blues, Boy Scout uniform, volunteer firefighter turnout gear, or anything other than a cap and gown?

So...you want BIG government to override a school district's decision. I thought con-servatives were against BIG government.
/---- On certain things YES. Like disrespecting the flag, uniform and reinstating slavery and segregation. On certain things the Gubment should over rule the school district

Both.

Whose prayer?

Yours? Mine? Jewish? Islam? Tao? Shinto? Buddhist? Atheist? Agnostic? Satanist? Rastafarian? Pastafarian?

Last edited:

He is a brave and outstanding Marine just for finishing boot camp?

Bowe Bergdahl did the same!

Chelsea Manning finished boot camp too!

Man, you need to raise your standards!

. Why does him joining the military make him an exception to the same rule everyone else has to follow?

Because those who sacrifice years of their lives to serve our nation is an exceptional thing to do, dude.

You'd think of all people, a kid about to enroll in the Marines would understand following orders.

High schools do not issue military orders or any other kind of orders.

You just cant avoid your impulse to drop to your knees and obey, can you?

Those who volunteer to serve our country deserve our praise and recognition until they do something disgraceful, if they do, and then they have nullified that respect.

Those who complete boot camp are far above the likes of Bergdahl until they dishonor themselves.

Really? Can you give us their names so that we can also write and explain why your idea is unconstitutional?

Whose prayer?

Yours? Mine? Jewish? Islam? Tao? Shinto? Buddhist? Atheist? Agnostic? Satanist? Rastafarian? Pastafarian?

What is the difference? They are ALL banned in almost all school districts.

This country was a hell of a lot better back in 1965 when we had our kids pray in school.

Those who volunteer to serve our country deserve our praise and recognition until they do something disgraceful, if they do, and then they have nullified that respect.

Those who complete boot camp are far above the likes of Bergdahl until they dishonor themselves.

That still does not give them the right to violate the school's dress code for graduation.

He made the commitment before graduation. If his conduct changes later that is different. But until then he showed the backbone to do it.

Really? Can you give us their names so that we can also write and explain why your idea is unconstitutional?
Let's go...how is it unconstitutional ?

Whose prayer?

What is the difference? They are ALL banned in almost all school districts.

This country was a hell of a lot better back in 1965 when we had our kids pray in school.

I wasn't the one advocating school prayer. Have you ever been in a situation where you were the only Christian? I have had entire classes where I was the only one. Should I be subjected to their beliefs in a daily prayer at school? Of course not, just like I would not impose my beliefs on them.

Yeah, lets go back to 1965 with all of the segregation, the fact that we ignored all special education children, and many other problems that you just glossed over!

Better yet, let's require all female teachers to quit when they get married. Wouldn't want all of those impressionable young minds knowing that their teacher might be having sex!

Let's go...step on my ground...how is it unconstitutional ?

Forum List

Back