U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

I think it's mostly about trust and team work.

Those 9 soldiers are basically expressing that they are so weak they could be brainwashed by a two hour music concert. :lol:

As far as "losing freedoms" as one of them cried about "punishment", that was losing other privileges only if they chose to not do their maintenance duties.

Seriously? So you would be expressing how weak you are if you were required to go to a gay pride concert? or a Muslim service?

I wouldn't be afraid to attend either of those things but then again the topic is not about me.

How do you equate those things with these soldiers pretending they were "punished" while still having an option not to attend...???

Punishment was in doing dirty work while others got a concert....carrot and the stick...used in a religious context. Not right.

It wasn't punishment. My bet is that had there not been a concert they would still have been cleaning the barracks, polishing boots etc etc etc....... there just would have been more of them doing it.

Seriously? So you would be expressing how weak you are if you were required to go to a gay pride concert? or a Muslim service?

I wouldn't be afraid to attend either of those things but then again the topic is not about me.

How do you equate those things with these soldiers pretending they were "punished" while still having an option not to attend...???

Punishment was in doing dirty work while others got a concert....carrot and the stick...used in a religious context. Not right.

I don't think it was a big deal and these soldiers are just being difficult because they can.

80 out of 250 soldiers chose not to attend knowing that was the most likely result. The vast majority followed orders and completed their maintenance for the day. 9 individuals said they FELT like they were "punished" when it was just another day of carrot and stick in the US Army. A simple choice to get away from your duties for an optional event or get back to your duties. A rock concert with your battle buddies for goodness sake. :lol: They act like they were being indoctrinated and "oppressed" to do their daily maintenance? Please.

Last edited:
It is funny how anyone with military service realizes what a joke this story is. I spent seven years in the Army and was a vocal Atheist my entire time in service (although I am admittedly not one now), but my ass went to church on Sundays in basic because I didn't want to clean. I also went to concerts, bowed my head in prayer during invocations at military functions, and did a million other things I didn't enjoy or want to do during the course of my military career. Part of it was due to uniformity issues (such as a change of command ceremony for example), part of it is just not rocking the boat at the wrong time. Cut and dry these kids are whiny scrubs and that mentality is a big part of why I chose to leave service, the military is changing and not for the better in my heated opinion.

As I mentioned above I was vocally Atheist and argued theology and faith on a constant basis with other Soldiers as well as chaplains. Yet I still was promoted quickly and ahead of my peers and fit in just fine. I was never persecuted or singled out for my lack of faith. The only guys I ever saw play that card were the reject Wiccans and other assorted weirdos, guys that would never have fit in regardless of religious issues. If not "religious persecution" it would have been some other excuse as to why they were "picked on" and not recognized as the stellar high-speed stud they really are. Every guy that doesn't make it has an excuse for why they are supposedly getting the short end of the stick.

Being a Soldier isn't a normal job and is a unique lifestyle in most every respect, especially if you are in a combat arms MOS. Either you get it or you don't. Of all the rights violations or indignities I ever suffered religious concerns were by far the least of them.

I love the way the terminally stupid think that providing a variety of media sources somehow makes something more true. Since the media pick up stories from other media and just regurgitate the same 'facts' as were contained in the original.... it's pretty fucking stupid to think it makes something more 'true'.

Shame that this infliction won't be covered on ObamaCare.... it seems to be reaching epidemic proportions on the far left. I worry that it will spread to more intelligent liberals and then we are doomed.

Those who have been there know exactly what happened and it wasn't punishment. How many veterans have to explain this?

Your experience in similar circumstances in no way grants you the omniscience to KNOW EXACTLY what happened. I'd tell you to quit being a stupid fucking retard if I thought you could help it.

I love the way the terminally stupid think that providing a variety of media sources somehow makes something more true. Since the media pick up stories from other media and just regurgitate the same 'facts' as were contained in the original.... it's pretty fucking stupid to think it makes something more 'true'.

:clap2: Exactly!

I was gonna say I feeeel punished (wa!) for having to explain the obvious to Rinata so thank you for taking care of that! :lol:

They are making me laugh. I guess I could tell them of the time we had to as a platoon fill 1000 sandbags and stack them 10 high as punishment for having a few members late for formation. Then marching by the next day and watching another platoon tear those same sand bags down for some infraction, now THAT is punishment. But being given work details? That's Army life.

Those who have been there know exactly what happened and it wasn't punishment. How many veterans have to explain this?

Your experience in similar circumstances in no way grants you the omniscience to KNOW EXACTLY what happened. I'd tell you to quit being a stupid fucking retard if I thought you could help it.

His individual experience? No. The accumulative experience of EVERY vet on this board? yes.

His individual experience? No. The accumulative experience of EVERY vet on this board? yes.

LOL the dumb ass still responds to my posts........:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

Hey, if you want to make yourself part of SFC Doucher's ignorance that's up to you.

But clearly you don't know what EXACTLY means either. :thup:

Hey, if you want to make yourself part of SFC Doucher's ignorance that's up to you.

Hmm ok well how about if you , me and Ollie go in together and buy a dictionary and then we can look up the word exactly, and then well after that you can have sole possession of the dictionary because you need the help, starting with the word PUNISHMENT.

Hmm ok well how about if you , me and Ollie go in together and buy a dictionary and then we can look up the word exactly, and then well after that you can have sole possession of the dictionary because you need the help, starting with the word PUNISHMENT.

"You must spread some reputation around..." yada yada yada

"You must spread some reputation around..." yada yada yada

That's OK, I got him.

Shame that this infliction won't be covered on ObamaCare.... it seems to be reaching epidemic proportions on the far left. I worry that it will spread to more intelligent liberals and then we are doomed.

Wrong again. What's stupid is people that see a story reported and support it if it suits them, but deny it's true if they don't like it.

:clap2: Exactly!

I was gonna say I feeeel punished (wa!) for having to explain the obvious to Rinata so thank you for taking care of that! :lol:

CG girl couldn't explain anything to me. I think her mind is warped. But if you like her thinking, good for you. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back