🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

The Obama administration has concluded that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against the rebels seeking to overthrow him and, in a major policy shift, President Obama has decided to supply military support to the rebels, the White House announced Thursday.

"The president has made a decision about providing more support to the opposition that will involve providing direct support to the [Supreme Military Council]. That includes military support," Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes told reporters.

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line" - CBS News

Americans will die because of this.

The situation in Syria is heart breaking, it's a conflict between two factions of bloodthirsty barbarians with millions of innocent people caught in the middle. The United States would be wise to provide whatever humanitarian aid that it can to those caught in the middle and not one single ounce of arms to either side. There are no good outcomes in this war because both sides are led by power hungry warmongers that care nothing for the people of Syria.

Until the nations of the Middle East are blessed with a leader like Mohandas Gandhi or a Martin Luther King, this mass slaughter will continue and there is nothing that U.S. military intervention can do but make it worse.

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

The Obama administration has concluded that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against the rebels seeking to overthrow him and, in a major policy shift, President Obama has decided to supply military support to the rebels, the White House announced Thursday.

"The president has made a decision about providing more support to the opposition that will involve providing direct support to the [Supreme Military Council]. That includes military support," Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes told reporters.

The situation in Syria is heart breaking, it's a conflict between two factions of bloodthirsty barbarians with millions of innocent people caught in the middle. The United States would be wise to provide whatever humanitarian aid that it can to those caught in the middle and not one single ounce of arms to either side. There are no good outcomes in this war because both sides are led by power hungry warmongers that care nothing for the people of Syria.

Until the nations of the Middle East are blessed with a leader like Mohandas Gandhi or a Martin Luther King, this mass slaughter will continue and there is nothing that U.S. military intervention can do but make it worse.

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Now that is a damn good quote.

War is never a good answer and we should be far more reluctant to get involved in it or persecute it. I wish that we would have learned from Iraq but it appears that we are as imperialistic as ever.

Any country that refuses UN inspections should be invaded immediately.

Because Iraq was a MASSIVE mistake we should repeat it?

Fucking bullshit. Your hatred of Israel is exposing your idiocy on the matter…

No hatred.
It was suggested, Syria should face military action because they wouldn't allow UN inspectors in.
I simply agreed but extended the principle to include all countries that had refused inspections.
Iraq, Syria, Iran and Israel.

If you don't think Israel should be attacked, please explain why they should be exempt.

The British created the Mideast mess in the first place by drawing random lines on a map. They should invade and fix their own problems. They can get straight to it after defeating the Spanish in the coming War over Gibraltar.

I know no one wants to get involved in Syria and I'm advocating we do so but understand what happens in Syria, Egypt or anywhere else in the middle east has a impact on the U.S. no matter if we get involved there or not.

I know no one wants to get involved in Syria and I'm advocating we do so but understand what happens in Syria, Egypt or anywhere else in the middle east has a impact on the U.S. no matter if we get involved there or not.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that isolation will protect us from the effects of events in other parts of the world.

The UN inspectors are on the ground there. How did Obama come to his conclusion that Assad was guilty when the investigation is not over?

Does he really want to arm the AQ arm of the rebels that badly? I think he does.

The UN inspectors are on the ground there. How did Obama come to his conclusion that Assad was guilty when the investigation is not over?

Does he really want to arm the AQ arm of the rebels that badly? I think he does.

The latest claim I'm hearing is that we just want stability in Syria. Well the fact is that Syria WAS stable before the Islamic extremists escalated the protests into civil war. So why is it that we are suddenly pro radical Islam ?

You better get up to speed Indo. Assad invited the UN inspectors into the country to investigate the other claims of chemical weapon use.

This so called attack by Assad forces on a Damascus suburb happened when the UN Inspectors were on the ground.

Use your head man. Assad who invited the UN Inspectors in is going to launch a chemical weapon assault on a Damascus suburb after he brought them in?

This was the work of the AQ associated rebel force. Assad is not stupid. He is a well educated and man of culture not your average ME thug dictator.

No hatred.
It was suggested, Syria should face military action because they wouldn't allow UN inspectors in.
I simply agreed but extended the principle to include all countries that had refused inspections.

If you don't think Israel should be attacked, please explain why they should be exempt.

Could you please stop repeating this outrageous lie that UN inspectors were not invited in?

Just stop lying about this.

20 are on the ground. NOW. Assad invited them in.

I want our military the fuck out of the middle east. NOT one more drop of American blood.

Let the arab world fix their own fucking mess. If we're so bad we shouldn't be part of that world anyway.

Add stopping funds to Israel, please.

Grab your rifle and go, then.

Just a rifle?

No, if I were to attack Israel, I'd start by destroying their supply lines.
America would be first on that list but, as America's military is too powerful to take head on, I'd take on your cities with small, non lethal explosive devices.
The odd car bomb but with plenty of warning, remote controlled aircraft with small charges crashed into traffic lights and that sort of stuff.
Add a bunch of bomb threats to bars, cinemas and restaurants, backed up with the odd real one (Loads of warning) and you lot would lose your way of life to keep Israel in weapons.
The aim would be to destroy your ability to do anything because of the massive disruption every time a bomb scare happened.
No dead, hopefully no injuries, just a few cars destroyed and everyone scared shitless to go out because there are so many explosions.

That's where the terrorists have it all wrong - a large attack created a hard line but the destruction of your way of life would have you on your knees and see the end to American funds to Israel.
I'd be perfectly happy for America to take all the Jews so no one got hurt when the nasty state of Israel was destroyed.
They could set up a new Jewish state in Texas, remove all the gentiles, destroy the churches and build a bloody great big wall around areas that resisted them.

No hatred.

Because bombing the crap out of every damn nation that we can asinine. Iraq was a huge mistake. There is no damn way we should go bombing Iran or Syria based on that principal either.

Do you actually think that Iraq was a good idea?

What ever Obama ends up doing, we can be sure of one thing; it will make the situation worse.

No hatred.

Because bombing the crap out of every damn nation that we can asinine. Iraq was a huge mistake. There is no damn way we should go bombing Iran or Syria based on that principal either.

Do you actually think that Iraq was a good idea?

Iraq was a good idea. Why? It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about.

Saddam's kids who were about to inherit the country were truly psychopaths. Bye bye ME entirely if those boys took over from Saddam.

Last edited:
What ever Obama ends up doing, we can be sure of one thing; it will make the situation worse.

He will go down in history as having unleashed in the Middle East under a pretense of Arab Spring and "freedom" the greatest threat of terrorism ever and has aided and abetted it.

Grab your rifle and go, then.

Just a rifle?

No, if I were to attack Israel, I'd start by destroying their supply lines.
America would be first on that list but, as America's military is too powerful to take head on, I'd take on your cities with small, non lethal explosive devices.
The odd car bomb but with plenty of warning, remote controlled aircraft with small charges crashed into traffic lights and that sort of stuff.
Add a bunch of bomb threats to bars, cinemas and restaurants, backed up with the odd real one (Loads of warning) and you lot would lose your way of life to keep Israel in weapons.
The aim would be to destroy your ability to do anything because of the massive disruption every time a bomb scare happened.
No dead, hopefully no injuries, just a few cars destroyed and everyone scared shitless to go out because there are so many explosions.

That's where the terrorists have it all wrong - a large attack created a hard line but the destruction of your way of life would have you on your knees and see the end to American funds to Israel.
I'd be perfectly happy for America to take all the Jews so no one got hurt when the nasty state of Israel was destroyed.
They could set up a new Jewish state in Texas, remove all the gentiles, destroy the churches and build a bloody great big wall around areas that resisted them.

"I'd be perfectly happy for America to take all the Jews so no one got hurt when the nasty state of Israel was destroyed."

Ahh, the not so secret wish of every Muslim.

Too bad, in your dreams only.

Forum List

Back