🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

I don’t see how Iran can be that ignorant though. Perhaps they are starting to believe their own asinine propaganda. That does happen to maniacal leaders often times.

Yes!! That is something I have long noticed in history. Aggressive militant regimes start believing in their own propaganda.

Saddam invaded Kuwait, believing that would be okay with us?????????????? Darn, what a miscalculation.

Japan attacked Pearl Harbor believing that would drive us entirely out of the Pacific. Jeepers, what a misreading of the American character, which you describe well: we are not amused by attacks on us. We will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the perpetrators and kill them.

Hitler decided it was somehow a GOOD idea to declare war on us the same week as Pearl Harbor, believing we were weak and pacifistic. We were pacifistic, too ---------- until he declared war. After that minute, not so much.

The desire of Americans for revenge should not be underestimated by our enemies, but somehow, it constantly is underestimated. Even when we just go in there and lose a war for ten years, they still end up totally ruined, like Iraq. And we ALWAYS kill the guy in charge: Hitler, Tojo, Saddam, Osama.

So IMO Iran would do better to bite their tongues and say no more and do no more about this punitive raid. I begin to suspect our government could be looking for an excuse to get Iran taken care of. Any counterattack on us or Israel and that's the excuse.

I think that is exactly what they are going to do as well. I don’t trust maniacal leaders but I do trust the other powers that be in those nations to look out for their own necks. That is why I never thought Korea was going to truly escalate. There is more than the leader at play. Powerful generals and other military heads are going to try and ensure that the leader does not lead them to an early grave. I believe that the same is true for Iran as well.

The kicker here is that you might very well be right tough. This might be nothing more than poking Iran until we get the response that allows us to go to war with them.

The kicker here is that you might very well be right tough. This might be nothing more than poking Iran until we get the response that allows us to go to war with them.

Obama needs some sort of attack on us by Syria to get over there at all, it may be, if he can't get congressional support.

I know he is saying in Sweden today that he can go to war anyway, but that seems rash to me.

Still, if he has to fake an attack on us to get to Syria, and then has to fake an attack on us by Iran --------- that's a lot of faking.

Most of our wars start with attacks on our ships or shipping, and about half those attacks were faked up by our own government to lie us into war. The Maine, Tonkin Gulf, etc.

Obama needs to keep his powder dry and save the faked attack for war on Iran, I think. The Syria thing is going back and forth like a tennis ball right now, in Congress. Very interesting to see if Obama can get into Syria without faking an attack on us.

Obama needs some sort of attack on us by Syria to get over there at all, it may be, if he can't get congressional support.

I know he is saying in Sweden today that he can go to war anyway, but that seems rash to me.

Still, if he has to fake an attack on us to get to Syria, and then has to fake an attack on us by Iran --------- that's a lot of faking.

Most of our wars start with attacks on our ships or shipping, and about half those attacks were faked up by our own government to lie us into war. The Maine, Tonkin Gulf, etc.

Obama needs to keep his powder dry and save the faked attack for war on Iran, I think. The Syria thing is going back and forth like a tennis ball right now, in Congress. Very interesting to see if Obama can get into Syria without faking an attack on us.

The past tells me that congress will break to war. I might be wrong but soon after he let his intensions known there were already dems and reps standing up in support of hitting Syria. I don’t think McCain could get to the war podium fast enough and I also don’t see the dems breaking away from their deer leader. They don’t really need all that many republicans to support the war to be honest. Just enough to take them over the edge.

Really, it’s hard to find an instance where the president wanted to go to war and congress stopped him. The one thing that seems constant here is the desire to blow other nations up.

Forum List

Back