🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

Your Roid-Rage has gotten progressively worse.

What is your issue with steroids? You seem to mention them with unusual frequency. Is this a cry for help or something? See your shrink for that.

Well, you do seem prone to Roid Rage-like Tantrums. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one here who's noticed it. Your rants give us all a picture of you sitting there screeching wildly and spittle flying everywhere, as you peck away at your keyboard. Just an honest observation.

What is your issue with steroids? You seem to mention them with unusual frequency. Is this a cry for help or something? See your shrink for that.

Well, you do seem prone to Roid Rage-like Tantrums. .

There you go again. If you have an addiction or something this is not the place to fish around for help. Go see a professional for that.

There you go again. I sense another Roid Rage Tantrum coming on. :lol:

The Obama administration has concluded that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against the rebels seeking to overthrow him and, in a major policy shift, President Obama has decided to supply military support to the rebels, the White House announced Thursday.

"The president has made a decision about providing more support to the opposition that will involve providing direct support to the [Supreme Military Council]. That includes military support," Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes told reporters.

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line" - CBS News

Americans will die because of this.

Rush is echoing your analysis today...well done!

What a scam. Now Assad is that Chemical Weapons Boogeyman they so desperately wanted him to be. Gee, how convenient. Americans really do need to wise up. They're being played again.

What a scam. Now Assad is that Chemical Weapons Boogeyman they so desperately wanted him to be. Gee, how convenient. Americans really do need to wise up. They're being played again.

who's really calling the shots in the middle east..........:eusa_whistle:

How nice & convenient Assad is now the mean ole Chemical Weapons Boogeyman they wanted. They've pushed that Chemical Weapons meme for 2yrs. And lo and behold, Assad plays right along. It's just another sad scam. I don't believe anything coming from our Government on this.

How nice & convenient Assad is now the mean ole Chemical Weapons Boogeyman they wanted. They've pushed that Chemical Weapons meme for 2yrs. And lo and behold, Assad plays right along. It's just another sad scam. I don't believe anything coming from our Government on this.

And all those dead Syrians are just in on the plot? When the UN inspection team leaves they will all get up and change out of their costumes?

You're just another conspiracy nut head-case.

And all those dead Syrians are just in on the plot? When the UN inspection team leaves they will all get up and change out of their costumes?

Wake up. It's just another War Propaganda scam. There is no strategic value in Assad using Chemical Weapons. It's a sham. Don't get sucked in. It's not our War.

Some (including me) think that is the reason behind the cancellation of talks between Putin and the scumbag-in-chief.
Quite likely true. Nations do not stop talking because some criminal escapes from one to another. That was really nothing more than a splinter in Obama’s pride. War on the other hand has a much larger impact.
If Syria (or whoever used the chemical weapons in Syria), goes unpunished, it means that the use of chemical weapons will most likely be used in conflicts all over the world. This is the real issue.

Chemical Weapons Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does a failure to retaliate mean that the Chemical Weapons Convention is dead?
Does the fact that there are tons of times when we failed to retaliate mean it is dead.

This case is just a case of opportunity to use this as an excuse. What is funny is that the left did noy buy this crap when Iraq was doing it but now that Obama is the one starting tensions over chemical weapons we have a different tale.

Why is that?
If Syria (or whoever used the chemical weapons in Syria), goes unpunished, it means that the use of chemical weapons will most likely be used in conflicts all over the world. This is the real issue.

Chemical Weapons Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does a failure to retaliate mean that the Chemical Weapons Convention is dead?

It was never "alive" the major powers have built and maintained enormous stockpiles of chemical weapons since the end of WW I, the United States and the Soviet Union were both ready, willing and able to use them in the event of a direct confrontation, so essentially the U.S. has reserved the right to use them all along we just don't want anybody else using them, hypocrisy at it's finest.

The use of chemical weapons in Syria doesn't justify the U.S. murdering people that are not directly threatening us and only makes sense if you buy into the Bush Preemption Doctrine nonsense (which apparently the current President does).
YES, thank you.

Why should we support Israel? because they can't pull up their big boy pants and do it themselves?

Fuck all of them. It's not our problem. They should go ahead and have at it full-on. Syria, Iraq, Iran, Israel, yemen, egypt etc.....

let them all eat fuckin' cake. it's not our problem. Israel isn't our problem. None of it is our problem.

We support Israel so that someone else can do our dirty work for us and be the target of ire. Not saying that it is a good thing or that we should be doing it but it has nothing to do with ‘big boy pants.’

Israel is willing to drop bombs on nuclear plants that we would not touch with a 10 foot poll but want destroyed and then they take most of the fallout from doing so as well.

There is a reason we support Israel even if it might be a piss poor one that we should end.

Conspiracy theorists might go off the deep end BUT that does not mean the government is not taking advantage of an opportunity to progress its wishes. It seems that we WANT war there that we are directly involved in but getting that proposition passed the people is rather tough after we learned that war sucks in Iraq. It has not been enough time for war weariness to wear off and become bloodlust again so we are going to need an excuse to get more involved.

Well, it might just be that there are forces in the nation that have handed us our excuse. I don’t think it was even intentional to be honest but I do think that our government will have no problems whatsoever lying and putting out falsehoods about who and how the chemical weapons were used in order to achieve their goals.

Conspiracy theorists might go off the deep end BUT that does not mean the government is not taking advantage of an opportunity to progress its wishes. It seems that we WANT war there that we are directly involved in but getting that proposition passed the people is rather tough after we learned that war sucks in Iraq. It has not been enough time for war weariness to wear off and become bloodlust again so we are going to need an excuse to get more involved.

Well, it might just be that there are forces in the nation that have handed us our excuse. I don’t think it was even intentional to be honest but I do think that our government will have no problems whatsoever lying and putting out falsehoods about who and how the chemical weapons were used in order to achieve their goals.

Good post.....I wonder if you may be right.

Iran is this morning making loud noises about supporting Syria militarily, attacking Israel in retaliation, blather, blather. Surprised me -- I thought they'd sit down and shut up in this dangerous time for them.

The U.S. people don't want anymore dragged-out, losing Mideast wars. So we have no appetite for going in and solving the Iran/nukes problem.

HOWEVER, if we hit Syria for what are apparently virtuous reasons, and then Iran hits our ships or attacks Israel, that would be a good excuse for going after Iran finally.

We might need one more step in there, going after Hezbollah and wiping them out (or Israel doing it, either one) enough to cause Iran to start trying to defend her proxy fighters. And then we could go after Iran.

I know a lot of people have been speculating along these lines, but until Iran started popping off verbally I assumed the punitive action on Syria would be limited. This would be a good way to drag the American people right back into war in the Mideast, however.

Iran is this morning making loud noises about supporting Syria militarily, attacking Israel in retaliation, blather, blather. Surprised me -- I thought they'd sit down and shut up in this dangerous time for them.

The U.S. people don't want anymore dragged-out, losing Mideast wars. So we have no appetite for going in and solving the Iran/nukes problem.

HOWEVER, if we hit Syria for what are apparently virtuous reasons, and then Iran hits our ships or attacks Israel, that would be a good excuse for going after Iran finally.

We might need one more step in there, going after Hezbollah and wiping them out (or Israel doing it, either one) enough to cause Iran to start trying to defend her proxy fighters. And then we could go after Iran.

I know a lot of people have been speculating along these lines, but until Iran started popping off verbally I assumed the punitive action on Syria would be limited. This would be a good way to drag the American people right back into war in the Mideast, however.

Very true. That surprises me as well to be honest. I don’t see how Iran can be that ignorant though. Perhaps they are starting to believe their own asinine propaganda. That does happen to maniacal leaders often times. There is noting that will make the Americans want to go to war faster than a perceived attack against them. That was what happened in 9/11. We were not even close to wanting to put ground troops anywhere and that event flipped a switch. We wanted bombs landing on targets as soon as possible. I don’t even think the targets really mattered to much of the populous as long as it looked like something was paying for our pain.

Attacking Israel would have less effect than our own stomping ground but it would be enough to launch an offensive – an offensive that the leaders of Iran have zero chance of surviving.

I can only hope that none of that comes to fruition though. I have high hopes that we might actually pull out of that area because of the ire that the Iraq war gave the people of this nation. I fear they have a very short memory though. Iran is NOT a box that we want to open. It will make Iraq look like a cake walk.

Very true. That surprises me as well to be honest. I don’t see how Iran can be that ignorant though. Perhaps they are starting to believe their own asinine propaganda. That does happen to maniacal leaders often times. There is noting that will make the Americans want to go to war faster than a perceived attack against them. That was what happened in 9/11. We were not even close to wanting to put ground troops anywhere and that event flipped a switch. We wanted bombs landing on targets as soon as possible. I don’t even think the targets really mattered to much of the populous as long as it looked like something was paying for our pain.

Attacking Israel would have less effect than our own stomping ground but it would be enough to launch an offensive – an offensive that the leaders of Iran have zero chance of surviving.

I can only hope that none of that comes to fruition though. I have high hopes that we might actually pull out of that area because of the ire that the Iraq war gave the people of this nation. I fear they have a very short memory though. Iran is NOT a box that we want to open. It will make Iraq look like a cake walk.

I've been researching some information about Iran and see that it's inevitable that Iran will be attacked but it involves the American economy and the petrodollar more than anything.

I don’t see how Iran can be that ignorant though. Perhaps they are starting to believe their own asinine propaganda. That does happen to maniacal leaders often times.

Yes!! That is something I have long noticed in history. Aggressive militant regimes start believing in their own propaganda.

Saddam invaded Kuwait, believing that would be okay with us?????????????? Darn, what a miscalculation.

Japan attacked Pearl Harbor believing that would drive us entirely out of the Pacific. Jeepers, what a misreading of the American character, which you describe well: we are not amused by attacks on us. We will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the perpetrators and kill them.

Hitler decided it was somehow a GOOD idea to declare war on us the same week as Pearl Harbor, believing we were weak and pacifistic. We were pacifistic, too ---------- until he declared war. After that minute, not so much.

The desire of Americans for revenge should not be underestimated by our enemies, but somehow, it constantly is underestimated. Even when we just go in there and lose a war for ten years, they still end up totally ruined, like Iraq. And we ALWAYS kill the guy in charge: Hitler, Tojo, Saddam, Osama.

So IMO Iran would do better to bite their tongues and say no more and do no more about this punitive raid. I begin to suspect our government could be looking for an excuse to get Iran taken care of. Any counterattack on us or Israel and that's the excuse.

I've been researching some information about Iran and see that it's inevitable that Iran will be attacked but it involves the American economy and the petrodollar more than anything.

Oil is a good reason to go to war. I've never understood the "Oil for Blood" protestors: oil is crucial to our national interest. They've got our oil under their sand and they'd better not stop up access to it, that's how that works.

Oil is a good reason to go to war. I've never understood the "Oil for Blood" protestors: oil is crucial to our national interest. They've got our oil under their sand and they'd better not stop up access to it, that's how that works.

I hope you are being facetious. If you are being serious, you are a monster and you are insane. This is the reason that Hitler invaded the Soviet empire, he needed the energy reserves. You're basically saying that Hitler's invasions of eastern Europe and the Soviet Union were ethical because they were sitting on his energy supplies. :doubt:

I hope you are being facetious. If you are being serious, you are a monster and you are insane. This is the reason that Hitler invaded the Soviet empire, he needed the energy reserves. You're basically saying that Hitler's invasions of eastern Europe and the Soviet Union were ethical because they were sitting on his energy supplies. :doubt:

Hitler was not despised because he invaded anything. He was despised because he slaughtered people for no other reason than they did not look ‘ideal.’

Circe is quite right in this statement but you need to take a step back to understand why. I am not going to say that Hitler was justified in his endeavors but I can tell you that nations go to war to protect their own interests and if it is energy production, safety or food stores there is little to no difference. Do you not realize that a real oil crisis would cost lives? Far more than any war to be totally truthful. It could crush the economy and cost the lives of millions. Oil is just as necessary to our lives as water and food (hell, oil is what provides water and food to the vast majority of the planet).

If you don’t think that international stability is a reason to go to war then I have to really ask you what you think is a good reason? At that point, you are essentially stating that there is no reason to ever go to war. That is silly.

Iraq, though, was not necessary to secure any oil requirements. If anything, it damaged our access to that valuable resource. I approved of sending our warships over to the Strait of Hormuz when Iran was acting the fool and would have supported strikes to ensure that Iran did not stifle the planets access to that required resource. Iran doing that was an attack no different than landing on our shores.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back