U.S. Taking Great Economy For Granted

I was earning more in the 1980's than most do now.
what about the 1880's? damm, i was making a killing back then
And prostitution was legal...
i was a pimp back then, and back then ,,they charged 75 cents an hr,,and i got 25 cents out of it.
I owned them all in the form of white slavery and don't mind the 60% STD disease rate..
i remember in 1882, I think they got about 2 cents a day to flip/serve burgers at McDonalds, but i believe, in today's math, that would be the equivalent of about $3.35 an hr.

what were liberal arts majors making ?
or were they stuck chasing a wooden shuttle ?

Funny how just a couple years ago everybody was scared shitless about their future under the communist Obama and his crippled economy. Then VOILA! Trump cuts regs and taxes and turns the economy into a rocket ship, doubling 401Ks, adding 6M jobs and 600,000 manufacturing jobs that the Kenyan said would never return, "without a magic wand". Yeah? Well, who needs a magic wand when they have a gold finger? Sure, illegal immigration has us boiling mad, and nobody gives a crap about the fake Gorebal warming. But now Trump's feats, despite Mueller's harassment, is blase, ho-hum, so what? Huh?
%2Bclueless-1%2B.gif

FNC3.png

It's not the economy right now for voters: Here's why

Since Trump took office - the economy is running at a blase 2.55% Real GDP.

The DOW had it's first down year since the Great Recession in 2018. And has been - in essence - flat for well over a year.

And the trade deficit is higher now then when Trump took office.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Press-Release/current_press_release/exh1.pdf

So....a paltry 2.55% real GDP growth, flat stock market, and higher trade deficit is a 'rocket ship' to you?

I will tell you what is a 'rocket ship'...the fiscal deficit.
It is currently on pace for a $1.2+ TRILLION dollar deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

And he does have a 'magic wand'. The same one Obama had. It's called the Fed.
And gasoline is .75 cents higher than six months ago..

Last edited:
i was a pimp back then, and back then ,,they charged 75 cents an hr,,and i got 25 cents out of it.
I owned them all in the form of white slavery and don't mind the 60% STD disease rate..
i remember in 1882, I think they got about 2 cents a day to flip/serve burgers at McDonalds, but i believe, in today's math, that would be the equivalent of about $3.35 an hr.

I was earning 15k in 1988...

I ain't as old as you....back in '64 (1964) I was a carry-out boy at a local supermarket at $1.07 an hour....when they bumped me up to $1.17, I bought a car....'58 Nash Metropolitan from my neighbor for $200. That car is worth about $20K today. Got my first tail in that one....Sherry got off and kicked out the windshield...kinda ruined the moment for me. :lol:

I ain't as old as you....back in '64 (1964) I was a carry-out boy at a local supermarket at $1.07 an hour....when they bumped me up to $1.17, I bought a car....'58 Nash Metropolitan from my neighbor for $200. That car is worth about $20K today. Got my first tail in that one....Sherry got off and kicked out the windshield...kinda ruined the moment for me. :lol:

Nobody believes you.

Based on your many comments it is unlikely you have every “earned” anything. Doled our to, different matter.

Based on your many comments it is unlikely you have every “earned” anything. Doled our to, different matter.
Have you been speaking English longly?

thats probably a lil more than double in todays money
I was broke in 1988 ...2 years outta high school i didnt sart making any real money for a couple more years while half my friends went to college. I went to work while they were doing beer bongs.

I was broke in 1988 ...2 years outta high school i didnt sart making any real money for a couple more years while half my friends went to college. I went to work while they were doing beer bongs.
I was out of college by 1988 and working in management..My trade before management was bricklayer.I did that in high school and college. Beer bongs optional...rolling papers required.

i wonder what toll was to drive your horse/horse and buggie on the original alligator ally in the 1880's

NOPE

Oh yeah im totally broke
uh hum

know anything about the technical end of textile manufacturing ?
take a wild guess what was in midtown

fall river
greensboro

NOPE

Oh yeah im totally broke
uh hum

know anything about the technical end of textile manufacturing ?
take a wild guess what was in midtown

fall river
greensboro
In 1982 I went into the military and learned electronics and electrical trades and worked in industry doing electronic work in plants in the 1990's.

i wonder what toll was to drive your horse/horse and buggie on the original alligator ally in the 1880's
a nickel or a swig of whiskey.

Now I am losing my ability to walk so I will need to get more trades and invest in another business, the hard part is figuring out which one to do..

I was out of college by 1988 and working in management..My trade before management was bricklayer.I did that in high school and college. Beer bongs optional...rolling papers required.

the shuttle didnt give the rags away
dorky fast food managers make 40/50 grand today. and you were making 15 K in 88

maybe im wrong about the inflation adjustment

a nickel or a swig of whiskey.
what if you were a very attractive 20 something female?

The economy is swell because the govt. gave into the demands of business for less taxes. I call it extortion but rich folks don't see it that way.

the shuttle didnt give the rags away
dorky fast food managers make 40/50 grand today. and you were making 15 K in 88

maybe im wrong about the inflation adjustment
They pay crap now in management for restaurants that are fast food. In 1993 after Evan's Electric shut their repair dept. I went back into business running a masonry contractor business and was making 75k in the mid 1990's.

I was earning more in the 1980's than most do now.
Just being pedantic...

The closest job occupation to burger flipper in 1882 was a common laborer who earned about $1.25 a day. That equates to $37.38 a day in 2019.

Of course, a laborer worked a 10 hour day back then, compared to 8 hour days today.

In 1882, a dozen eggs cost 11 cents. About $2.75 today.

Forum List

Back