U.S. Taking Great Economy For Granted

what about the 1880's? damm, i was making a killing back then
And prostitution was legal...
i was a pimp back then, and back then ,,they charged 75 cents an hr,,and i got 25 cents out of it.
I owned them all in the form of white slavery and don't mind the 60% STD disease rate..
i remember in 1882, I think they got about 2 cents a day to flip/serve burgers at McDonalds, but i believe, in today's math, that would be the equivalent of about $3.35 an hr.
Just being pedantic...

The closest job occupation to burger flipper in 1882 was a common laborer who earned about $1.25 a day. That equates to $37.38 a day in 2019.

Of course, a laborer worked a 10 hour day back then, compared to 8 hour days today.

In 1882, a dozen eggs cost 11 cents. About $2.75 today.
The average worker at Carnegie steel was 84 hours a week.

Notice the trajectory of unemployment from the Obama era to the Trump era?
There is absolutely no difference.
fredgraph.png

Trump got a long-term growing economy handed to him, at least Trump didn't fuck that up. And that's the only legitimate claim he can truthfully say.
But then truth and Trumpism, are factually a polar difference.

I have three solutions to the economy.

1) Ban all tax expenditures.

2) Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index the eligibility age to 9 percent of the population going forward.

3) Reduce the full time work week to 35 hours.

2) Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index the eligibility age to 9 percent of the population going forward.

It was just raised to 67 this year from law passed during Reagan.

And prostitution was legal...
i was a pimp back then, and back then ,,they charged 75 cents an hr,,and i got 25 cents out of it.
I owned them all in the form of white slavery and don't mind the 60% STD disease rate..
i remember in 1882, I think they got about 2 cents a day to flip/serve burgers at McDonalds, but i believe, in today's math, that would be the equivalent of about $3.35 an hr.
Just being pedantic...

The closest job occupation to burger flipper in 1882 was a common laborer who earned about $1.25 a day. That equates to $37.38 a day in 2019.

Of course, a laborer worked a 10 hour day back then, compared to 8 hour days today.

In 1882, a dozen eggs cost 11 cents. About $2.75 today.
The average worker at Carnegie steel was 84 hours a week.
Whew! I am glad you amended that down from 96 hours. :)

Yeah, but the problem is that our life expectancy has grown by more than two years since Reagan.

Those assholes were cowards. They knew they would all be dead and gone by the time the new eligibility age kicked in.

We need to raise it to 70...now.

I ain't as old as you....back in '64 (1964) I was a carry-out boy at a local supermarket at $1.07 an hour....when they bumped me up to $1.17, I bought a car....'58 Nash Metropolitan from my neighbor for $200. That car is worth about $20K today. Got my first tail in that one....Sherry got off and kicked out the windshield...kinda ruined the moment for me. :lol:

A Nash Metropolitan? That's well before my time. But I looked it up. LOL...what a 'cute' car. Looks like a skateboard with a body attached. If that is all you could afford - that's fine. But I would not be bragging about it were I you.

And as for Sherry? Means nothing (if you are making some lame attempt a bragging) unless we know what she looks like (don't bother telling us - we ain't believing you).
But the fact that she supposedly 'kicked out your windshield' STRONGLY suggests that she did not have sex very often. Which also strongly suggests that she was none too pretty - i.e. rather desperate.
Plus, the fact you still call it 'tail' and are a Trumpbot (which means you are at least chauvinistic - probably misogynistic) AND you don't come across as too smart means you certainly did not charm some hot/bright gal into your back seat.

And when I was a teenager - most hot gals would never be caught dead having sex with a guy with a car that looked like your Metropolitan...no offense.

My first car was a Pinto (all I could afford). When I got my first hot Challenger a few years later - I immediately had a hot gal hit on me. And the reason why was obvious as she was nothing but 'nice' to me when I had my Pinto.

That's the facts of life in high school - most of the time.

Last edited:

Yeah, but the problem is that our life expectancy has grown by more than two years since Reagan.

Those assholes were cowards. They knew they would all be dead and gone by the time the new eligibility age kicked in.

I don't plan on living that long.

I don't plan on living that long.
Why not?

It's better than the alternative.

I ain't as old as you....back in '64 (1964) I was a carry-out boy at a local supermarket at $1.07 an hour....when they bumped me up to $1.17, I bought a car....'58 Nash Metropolitan from my neighbor for $200. That car is worth about $20K today. Got my first tail in that one....Sherry got off and kicked out the windshield...kinda ruined the moment for me. :lol:

Nobody believes you.

Well...I believe the Nash Metropolitan part.

What guy would brag about owning that?

ebay611490.jpg

It's cute and practical...but hardly cool.

Last edited:

How old are you, G? And what type of work do you do?

Trump got a long-term growing economy handed to him, at least Trump didn't fuck that up. And that's the only legitimate claim he can truthfully say.

It amazes me that you commiecrats continue to lie for your commissars and fake news scoundrels while all they're doing is ripping you off and making you subservient to the state. Is freedom and trying to be successful really that scary to you? The Kenyan 's economy never got OUT of recession and his Fed kept rates below 1% so the party donors could continue to gobble up lesser companies...that's the only reason the stock market didn't crash and send us into a depression they could use to totally overwhelm us. Take the guns, ration healthcare, tax anybody breathing into submission (except each other) and demand we applaud becoming Venezuela.

ebay611490.jpg

It's cute...but hardly cool.

Link to me "bragging" ya little dork. The Metro is now a CLASSIC...all your Pinto ever did was explode and kill people.....fuck off.

I keep what I do confidential, but I make a comfortable living. I plan on working until I'm 70 just to keep busy.

When the Social Security eligibility age was set to 65 in 1935, only 5.4% of the US population was over 65. Most Americans didn't live that long. It was highly prejudicial toward laborers.

Today, nearly 15% of the population is over 65. A larger and larger portion of the population is being supported by a smaller and smaller portion. That is unsustainable.

The average 70 year old today is in far better shape than the average 55 year old in 1935.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. It is only common sense we should be working longer.

Notice the trajectory of unemployment from the Obama era to the Trump era?
There is absolutely no difference.
View attachment 257626

Careful, if you are going to hit a Trumpbot with facts...he might just leave the thread.

ebay611490.jpg

Link to me "bragging" ya little dork. The Metro is now a CLASSIC...all your Pinto ever did was explode and kill people.....fuck off.

A classic? Whatever pal. If I went to high school with that and bragged about it...my male friends (who owned Cougars, Camaros, Javelins, etc.) would have laughed their heads off.

And I was NEVER proud of my Pinto...if was pure transportation.

I would list my other cars I have owned...but online bragging is pointless.

Let me just say...if you think a Metropolitan is a 'classic'...that tells me all I need to know about your taste in cars.

This is a classic, IMO (though mine had no rear spoiler/vinyl roof and had a 340 with a rallye hood - not a Hemi (sadly) with a shaker hood):

1970Challenger_2-e1445329425814.jpg

Or this (will be):

003.jpg

Last edited:
what were liberal arts majors making ?
or were they stuck chasing a wooden shuttle ?
I was earning 15k in 1988...
Based on your many comments it is unlikely you have every “earned” anything. Doled our to, different matter.
Have you been speaking English longly?

NOPE

Oh yeah im totally broke
uh hum

know anything about the technical end of textile manufacturing ?
take a wild guess what was in midtown

fall river
greensboro
In 1982 I went into the military and learned electronics and electrical trades and worked in industry doing electronic work in plants in the 1990's.

im glad i didnt do any of that

i joined the end of a dying domestic industry ...i'm a dinosaur like you
i did a lot of converting all over the planet .. that was my bread and butter
but i made money on the side with garbage 2nd 3rd mill waste packs to the jobbers

warehouse space for wholesale. Large like 40 thousand sq feet full of inventory 8 guys working it humping it ...no shit
i was making money I started snapping up a building here a building there ...

buildings were dirt cheap and the only transplants w were getting was from the lower east side
No one was there from ohio ...

their was a lot more opportunity where i was

i partied in high school I didnt go to fucking college my brother and sister went to college they're older

my sister was buyin 60k cars before she left Colgate Palmolive to get married while you were scratching for 15 k
and financially ive may of done a little better over the years

im living off a five year annuity now ...so i didnt touch other "things "

you commies would string me up for one of them or my last consulting check alone
12% on my cash ...annuities once theyre gone theyre gone
i only did a half...that would be million

i did the annuity so i dont have to touch any thing else

after 07 i wound down the converting and that side of it down ...the deadlines would make yer heart pop
then in 13 i shut the last warehouse

forget the real estate

ya dont even have to believe me
cause i dont care

im not hanging round much longer anyway
i turned the web off for a year n ahalf
BORING

great spellers by the way
IT took ya far
congrats on that 15 k

I keep what I do confidential, but I make a comfortable living. I plan on working until I'm 70 just to keep busy.

When the Social Security eligibility age was set to 65 in 1935, only 5.4% of the US population was over 65. Most Americans didn't live that long. It was highly prejudicial toward laborers.

Today, nearly 15% of the population is over 65. A larger and larger portion of the population is being supported by a smaller and smaller portion. That is unsustainable.

The average 70 year old today is in far better shape than the average 55 year old in 1935.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. It is only common sense we should be working longer.

Sorry. Work as a laborer for 50 years and then tell us how eager you are to work another 5.

I, PERSONALLY, will likely work well into my 70's as well. But I would never be arrogant enough to suggest that people
who work physically demanding jobs must do the same.

Funny how just a couple years ago everybody was scared shitless about their future under the communist Obama and his crippled economy. Then VOILA! Trump cuts regs and taxes and turns the economy into a rocket ship, doubling 401Ks, adding 6M jobs and 600,000 manufacturing jobs that the Kenyan said would never return, "without a magic wand". Yeah? Well, who needs a magic wand when they have a gold finger? Sure, illegal immigration has us boiling mad, and nobody gives a crap about the fake Gorebal warming. But now Trump's feats, despite Mueller's harassment, is blase, ho-hum, so what? Huh?
%2Bclueless-1%2B.gif

FNC3.png

It's not the economy right now for voters: Here's why
Do you know how to look up graphs?
Economy and Wall Street just following Obama.
Did you know Obama created more jobs in his Lat 2 years than the con did in his first 2?
Info wars didn't tell you?
Want me to post it for you??

Nobody believes you.

ebay611490.jpg

i miss the good old days when Pinto's exploded even when a cow collided with them

Forum List

Back