UAW attempts to take over VW again in Tennessee

You gotta love the right and their “fuck the workers” mentality.
So if you owned a house, and you hired me to fix the roof, you'd have no problem with me starting a pick line, and trying to dictate how you use your house?

Or are you a 'screw the workers' person?

It's really easy to defend making demands on others, as long as it isn't you. Funny how that works.

UAW wins, customers lose. Prices go up due to rising labor costs and sales goes down and jobs will be lost. Tennessee does have Right To Work laws, so you don't have to join the union or pay dues. So it'll be interesting to see how many people actually do that.

Too bad the south lost the Civil War. Slavery could now be the norm and Mr Businessman wouldn’t have to pay the help at all.

Just think how cheap things could be!

Will the goombas be finally able to muscle themselves into this plant?

I don't know, but it should be interesting. The governors have warned the workers that the UAW taking over isn't good for the economy.

The United Auto Workers at the Volkwagen plant in Chattanooga TN, voted to Unionize. Suck on that

Tennessee Volkswagen Employess Overwhelming Vote To Join United Autoworkers.

Workers organizing is not a big deal. Good gawd some think it's the end of the nation.
No, it's not. It's just a bad move for the workers. But the nation will be fine. We've already seen this for GM here in Ohio, where the workers went on strike, the plant was closed, everyone laid off, and the plant bought out and reopened as a non-union plant.

The workers are worse off than they were under GM, but that's what the unions wanted I guess. Sucks to be them, not me.

Apparently the employees at VW in Chattanooga have decided to turn over the plant to the wise guys.

This is definitely bad news for Volkswagen, and they will no longer be able to display the non-union label in a country where 94% of shoppers are Scabs.

However, it is good news for the sellers of barrels and picket signs, as the future for the VW employees will be out on the sidewalk burning wood to keep warm.
True. Unions are one of the best sources of Revenue for La Cosa Nostra.

No, it's not. It's just a bad move for the workers. But the nation will be fine. We've already seen this for GM here in Ohio, where the workers went on strike, the plant was closed, everyone laid off, and the plant bought out and reopened as a non-union plant.

The workers are worse off than they were under GM, but that's what the unions wanted I guess. Sucks to be them, not me.
So the workers should stand down and accept the given wage and in your mind work hard right?

So the workers should stand down and accept the given wage and in your mind work hard right?

Not at all.

If a worker has skills which are in demand, he has negotiating power

If he's in a union, it doesn't matter what skills he has- what matters are seniority lists and kissing up to the business agents, making extra cope contributions, etc.

The union will do the "negotiating".

If a worker has skills which are in demand, he has negotiating power

The union will do the "negotiating"

Yes, this is the power of the union.

If you are doing a manual labor, repetitive job there is little skill involved and you have no power on your own. Auto workers are a dime a dozen and individually they have no power at all. That is why a union is perfect for them.

Yes, this is the power of the union.

If you are doing a manual labor, repetitive job there is little skill involved and you have no power on your own. Auto workers are a dime a dozen and individually they have no power at all. That is why a union is perfect for them.
We don't need any lower skilled workers is the moral of the story. Deny companies lower skilled workforce. Everyone wins.

Well what is it you want then? No unions just tow the company line? That's un-American.

Where the hell did I say no unions? I just stated their strength.

Do you even bother to read what people write for your post your tripe?

Where the hell did I say no unions? I just stated their strength.

Do you even bother to read what people write for your post your tripe?
My apologies, I'm with you on this. I stand for the workers. Sorry. Got my wires crossed.

And they are going to succeed. We're coming after Toyota next.

You dimwits need to get with the program.

I think there will always be a call for premium, scab built vehicles, regardless of what you think.

94% of the country is Non Union, and we'll still be looking for the non-union label.

Forum List

Back