UAW hits Trump and Musk with federal labor charges over union-busting comment

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

trump is so desperate to garner Musk's support that he is acknowledging illegal acts in public. He is boasting about Musk firing workers who threaten to strike. But that will not stop trump from kissing the ring of Elon. Well, he will be investigated. Can you imagine...? Two billionaires sitting around bragging about firing workers? trump is killing his campaign.

“I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, ‘That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone,’” Trump said.

Trump was referring to the 2022 gutting of Twitter staff after Musk took over the social media business and renamed it X.

It is illegal to fire workers who threaten to strike, because the right to strike is protected under federal labor law.

“When we say Donald Trump is a scab, this is what we mean,” UAW President Shawn Fain said Tuesday in a statement on the new charges. “When we say Trump stands against everything our union stands for, this is what we mean.”

trump is so desperate to garner Musk's support that he is acknowledging illegal acts in public. He is boasting about Musk firing workers who threaten to strike. But that will not stop trump from kissing the ring of Elon. Well, he will be investigated. Can you imagine...? Two billionaires sitting around bragging about firing workers? trump is killing his campaign.

“I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, ‘That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone,’” Trump said.

Trump was referring to the 2022 gutting of Twitter staff after Musk took over the social media business and renamed it X.

It is illegal to fire workers who threaten to strike, because the right to strike is protected under federal labor law.

“When we say Donald Trump is a scab, this is what we mean,” UAW President Shawn Fain said Tuesday in a statement on the new charges. “When we say Trump stands against everything our union stands for, this is what we mean.”
Amazing how the Reich turns on its high echelon members who figure things out and leave.
What do you think jimboliar? Off to a work camp for Musk? Send him to the "showers"??

The authentic voice of the mill/mine owner.
This is the biggest con the right ever pulled.
I saw a John Oliver programme a little while back. Union busting is an industry in the US.
Why ?
Oliver stated that non union sites can pay 25% less than union sites,
Obviously musk and the other gargoyles need that money for their "rockets to nowhere".
American workers would only waste the money on food and housing for their families.
The poor should just accept their failure in life and shut up.

"The civil war has started, the only thing that is missing are the bullets." digital drifter

i got yer bullets. come and get 'em . boy.
I prefer #4 buckshot. More pellets and leaves neat holes.

I saw a John Oliver programme a little while back. Union busting is an industry in the US.
Why ?
Obviously musk and the other gargoyles need that money for their "rockets to nowhere".
American workers would only waste the money on food and housing for their families.
tommy over the years many unions here have become shitty unions.....it might have started with the air traffic controllers shitty union,look what they led their workers into.....

Why ?
i8 wish they listened to john oliver.

it's "oliver twist" that they use as a guide book.

tommy over the years many unions here have become shitty unions.....it might have started with the air traffic controllers shitty union,look what they led their workers into.....
That might be the case Harry but they are the only protection that the workers have. Thats why musk and the amazon fucker want rid of them.
Thats what mussk was pushing when he spoke to trump.

LOL Did they forget to mention to you that the Twitter employees are not unionized? Too funny.

Trump and Musk were just shooting the breeze, since when is a mere discussion between 2 great Americans- one of whom has no interest whatsoever in the enterprise in question- qualify as "illegal"?

And how is UAW affected at all? Tesla isn't a unionized outfit, they have no standing.

Why ?
As a Union member myself I have to say that the ridiculous, asinine and ludicrous shit that many of these Unions try to demand is just as heinous as what certain companies do.

My employer and my Union have had 50 years of relative labor stability because we work WITH each other rather than against each other.

More lawfare

Zeke Heil !!!

:springbed::auiqs.jpg:

Trump and Musk were just shooting the breeze, since when is a mere discussion between 2 great Americans- one of whom has no interest whatsoever in the enterprise in question- qualify as "illegal"?

And how is UAW affected at all? Tesla isn't a unionized outfit, they have no standing.
Small correction. I think they're trying to sue after what Musk did to Twitter/X.

Forum List

Back