Uh Oh, Melania's speech was plagiarized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking. Those people who say "uge" are also probably the ones who do pronounce the H in herbs. I got Uge Herbs.

I think "yuge" (and other words like "yuman" which Rump would never utter because it sounds human) are an artifact of Brooklyn. Bernie Sanders has the same accent.

I've only heard one person outside the entire population of Canada pronounce an aspirated H in 'herb', that was my mother-in-law from New England. And she may have been joking.

Odd though -- even though we don't use the H if we're referring to oregano, we do use it if it's a man's name.

I don't think one could say "yuge herbs". It would slow you down too much.

Much of it was taken from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech. 22 out of 26 words directly lifted.

What do Joe Biden, Barack Obama and Melania Trump all have in common? They all have plagerized a speech.

7 Democrats Who Were Caught For Plagiarism, Including Obama And Biden

The big difference between Malania and the other two plagiarizers......she wasn't running for president when she did it.
That was pretty sad link and not very convincing.

Much of it was taken from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech. 22 out of 26 words directly lifted.

What do Joe Biden, Barack Obama and Melania Trump all have in common? They all have plagerized a speech.

7 Democrats Who Were Caught For Plagiarism, Including Obama And Biden

The big difference between Malania and the other two plagiarizers......she wasn't running for president when she did it.

And they all did this last night. Amazing.

Speaking of bullshit news sites ChrisL --- what kind of need-a-life website comes up with a list like "seven (political party here)s who have plagiarized a speech"? Makes ya wonder what the fuck is wrong with people.

So today was the day that the Trump team confessed to plagiarism.

Melania took the fall.

I don't believe it though.

I think the speech writer did it.

Poor Melania -- in the dog house.

I was just thinking. Those people who say "uge" are also probably the ones who do pronounce the H in herbs. I got Uge Herbs.

I think "yuge" (and other words like "yuman" which Rump would never utter because it sounds human) are an artifact of Brooklyn. Bernie Sanders has the same accent.

I've only heard one person outside the entire population of Canada pronounce an aspirated H in 'herb', that was my mother-in-law from New England. And she may have been joking.

Odd though -- even though we don't use the H if we're referring to oregano, we do use it if it's a man's name.

I'm from New England and I say "huge erbs." The only time I would say "Herb" is if it was someone's name.

I could see someone saying that. I got me some Uge Herbs. You wouldn't believe it, my herbs are UGE! Lol. :lol:

I'm from New England and I say "huge erbs." The only time I would say "Herb" is if it was someone's name.

I could see someone saying that. I got me some Uge Herbs. You wouldn't believe it, my herbs are UGE! Lol. :lol:

Yabbut they really don't aspirate the H in "herbs" in Brooklyn, as far as I know.

It always catches my ear when somebody says "yuge" or "yuman" or "yumor", but I never thought much about where it comes from.

Yabbut they really don't aspirate the H in "herbs" in Brooklyn, as far as I know.

It always catches my ear when somebody says "yuge" or "yuman" or "yumor", but I never thought much about where it comes from.

Yumor! :lol: That's very yumorous.

Melania took the fall.

We may never know, not that it matters. They told enough conflicting stories to muddle the issue, and that was probably deliberate.

What really took the fall was the campaign's credibility, especially Paul Manafort. Those lies are gonna follow him like a puppy.

Melania took the fall.

We may never know, not that it matters. They told enough conflicting stories to muddle the issue, and that was probably deliberate.

What really took the fall was the campaign's credibility, especially Paul Manafort. Those lies are gonna follow him like a puppy.

Here's one aspect to consider:

A speech this big, this high-profile..... live TV coverage, massive media etc ..... would without question have been rehearsed, possibly several times with a coach to make sure the eye movements go right, the lighting is just so, the cadence is not too fast or slow, all that..... both onstage dress rehearsal and offstage.

If Melania had brought this passage in herself as samples of what she liked, as the story goes, and then it just failed to get rewritten/paraphrased..... wouldn't she have noticed during those rehearsals that the passages were the same ones she brought in as she's reading them? If she's familiar enough with the words to bring them to the speechwriter, she should notice they haven't been paraphrased, since she (Melania) was, supposedly, the first one to have those words and the most familiar with them. You should also want to oversee the revisions after they ARE paraphrased, to see if you agree with how they flow.

That's if we buy the story that Melania brought them in and the speechwriter McIver forgot to revise them.

But that doesn't quite smell right. :eusa_think:

Melania took the fall.

She didn't take the fall, you liar. The speech writer explained, apologized, and resigned.

Melania took the fall.

She didn't take the fall, you liar. The speech writer explained, apologized, and resigned.
I just report the news.

I don't believe the speech writer did as little as was claimed.

I believe the speech writer did it all.

I don't believe Melania has ever read any of Michelle's speeches or even a single book in her life.

The lie was that Melania wrote the speech herself.

This is nonsense.

Looks who's calling the kettle black...

The double standards of the Liberal Left...

The sad truth is there are so many stupid ones who try to sell this crap...

Melania took the fall.

I just report the news.

I don't believe the speech writer did as little as was claimed.

I believe the speech writer did it all.

I don't believe Melania has ever read any of Michelle's speeches or even a single book in her life.

The lie was that Melania wrote the speech herself.

This is nonsense.
I posted the speech writer's statement in full. And nobody claimed melania wrote the speech in full.

Writing speeches is easy, I don't know why you dolts have such a time with them.

Here, read it again.

The revelation that Donald Trump’s business staff writer Meredith McIver wrote the partly plagiarized speech given by Melania Trump on Mondaynight raises questions about whether his campaign is illegally commingling corporate and campaign resources.

Well one thing is certain - we know Hitlery has been doing that for decades now. Would be interesting to see if Donald is doing it as well. While I don't approve...at least he would be leveling the playing field with Hitlery.
That's why we don't care about Hillary's emails.

Bush White House email controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missing White House Emails

None

I'm not sure I follow your irrational thought process here. Because the Bush White House "lost" e-mails it's ok for other Administrations to likewise fuck over the American people? Isn't the fact that it has been done by other Administrations more reason to care? Wouldn't a rational person want to put a stop to it?

You have to loooooove liberal "logic". Oh don't worry about that child that was molested in Manhattan. We have children molested over here in the Bronx. :bang3:

Trump has already broken the law. He had trump Corp working for the trump campaign. And he has bridgegate Christie working for him.

Instead of don trump better don Corleone

Don't forget he has broken campaign laws by soliciting for contributions to people who aren't in America and aren't American citizens.

Trump campaign solicits foreign donations, in violation of FEC rules - CSMonitor.com

And what is the point spread trend? If you're honest, you'll acknowledge that Trump has closed the gap and the polls have tightened to where they're pretty much even. But if you're not honest (like most liberals) you'll cherry pick the ones you like and ignore the trend.

It's called a Convention spike. That aside, he's toast come Nov.
Like I said, IF you're honest, which you're not (as you just confirmed).
Bullshit! They said the same thing about Romney this time 4 years ago, and McCain. How did that work out for you guys?

If you are being honest, you'll admit polls are bullshit. Don't worry, you'll see in less than 4 months.
I didn't.

Each of these movies have the line "My word is my bond." That is just how original it is.

Many, many speeches included talk of being taught respect by parents.

Michelle cannot take credit for any of those words and neither can Mrs. Trump.

They are all commonly used phrases. Rings true for many.

I think the speech writer already stepped up to take credit for the similarities. Looks like Mrs. Trump never listened to Michelle's speech and had no idea. You can't steal what you never heard. Plagiarism is a deliberate act and it's wrong to keep accusing Mrs. Trump of such.

Obama and others have taken full speeches word for word and the left was fine with that. Picking on Mrs. Trump over this is just being nitpicky. Wonder what the headlines would have read had it not been for the speech.

"Hook"

"The Replacements"

"Anatomy of a Murder"

"Mr. Turner", "Fair Game"

"Breaking Bad"

"I Love You Phillip Morris"

"Gulliver's Travels"

"Yang, men nu jiang zhi jun ling ru shan

"Demons :: They Bite"

"Marvel's Avengers Assemble :: Widow's Run"

"Lucifer" Pilot

"Billy Bathgate"