Ukraine "Or" Israel?

Your response is meaningless. Thinking profits and jobs from making killing machines is acceptable, is immoral.
So, defending oneself against heavy weapons with heavy weapons is immoral? I think it would be immoral, and stupid, not to. Also, helping Ukraine may prevent a wider war that we would certainly be drawn into.

Sadly, we will eventually be drawn into a middle east war because of our ties to Israel.

Fighting wars is a fact of life on planet earth.

Last edited:
So, defending oneself against heavy weapons with heavy weapons is immoral? I think it would be immoral, and stupid, not to. Also, helping Ukraine may prevent a wider war that we would certainly be drawn into.

Sadly, we will eventually be drawn into a middle east war because of our ties to Israel.

Fighting wars is a fact of life on planet earth.
If you think the USG is defending itself, you need to think again.

We have a massive war machine and it will ultimately lead to our demise, because of profits obtained by a few.

Not really, it's a tiny fraction of workers in the overall economy.
In 2023 defense spending was 13.3 percent of the federal budget. Lockheed Martin, one of the biggest arms manufacturers employs 122,000 people and has 15,800 subcontractors that supply parts to them. I'd say that's "lots".

If you think the USG is defending itself, you need to think again.

We have a massive war machine and it will ultimately lead to our demise, because of profits obtained by a few.
The Law Enforcement Machine will doom us sooner. The military-industrial complex makes a business out of war, the law enforcement complex makes a business out of crime. Which does the most damage to society?

In one recent year illegal drugs killed twice as many as the Vietnam war did in ten years. Over the next five years illegal drugs and associated crime will kill more than the U.S. lost in WW2.

Last edited:
The Law Enforcement Machine will doom us sooner. The military-industrial complex makes a business out of war, the law enforcement complex makes a business out of crime. Which does the most damage to society?
I don’t think so, though I agree it’s also a problem. Nothing is more detrimental to the people than a large costly standing army constantly seeking boogie men to destroy.

In 2023 defense spending was 13.3 percent of the federal budget. Lockheed Martin, one of the biggest arms manufacturers employs 122,000 people and has 15,800 subcontractors that supply parts to them. I'd say that's "lots".
Edit. The defense department budget includes payroll for nearly 3 million employees, including active-duty military.

That would be a great example of lots.

Forum List

Back