Ukulele Rock Song Covers

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
I have to start with Jake Shimabukuro. Every time I put him on, my uke and I go into the bedroom and cry because we can't be like him... and my guitar turns its head in jealousy.... and my keyboards laugh in spite bc I've been ignoring her (such a woman...) He's soooo friggin good!

He does a LOT of covers!

Bohemian Rhapsody on a 4-string instrument!

I have to start with Jake Shimabukuro. Every time I put him on, my uke and I go into the bedroom and cry because we can't be like him... and my guitar turns its head in jealousy.... and my keyboards laugh in spite bc I've been ignoring her (such a woman...) He's soooo friggin good!

He does a LOT of covers!

Very impressive. Have you heard any of the music of a man from Hawaii who called himself Bruddah Iz? He died some time back but he left behind some beautiful music. He had an incredible tenor singing voice in addition to his fine ukulele playing. His version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is the best version I've heard of the song.

• Thanks
Reactions: RWS
  • Banned
How can he strum that fast?!? The camera just records a blur!

He must come very fast when he jerks off! :)

That's crazy!!!

• Banned

He does a LOT of covers!

Very impressive. Have you heard any of the music of a man from Hawaii who called himself Bruddah Iz? He died some time back but he left behind some beautiful music. He had an incredible tenor singing voice in addition to his fine ukulele playing. His version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is the best version I've heard of the song.

Of course! Oh my god, i love him! IZ!!!! What a voice!

• Banned
I was so sad when I found out he passed away. I'm a new uke player. Only been playing a few years, but he was the first influence on me!

I was so sad when I found out he passed away. I'm a new uke player. Only been playing a few years, but he was the first influence on me!
I have a Best Of CD by him and it's very good. It's a shame he died at such a young age, but I believe he DID weigh over 400 pounds. That was probably just too much of a strain on his heart.

• Banned
IZ was so huge, and he was playing this little tiny thing, that I thought my daughters could do it to.

I already play the guitar, so I wanted to tune the ukes to get them ready for Christmas. And you have to constantly retune and retune at first, for days. And I fell in love with the instrument. And bought one for myself! Now my guitar and keyboards don't get touched, and they're jealous.

• Banned
Not that my daughters are huge! LOL!

I thought it was a simple 4 string instrument, that is so easy to play the classic chords!

But I fell in love with the complexity.

Hi Fives!!!! First thing that got me was the legs! Fuck yeah!!!

Ok you want legs? Here's legs! :)

This is incredible music. And you don't want to change the scene!!!

Pink Floyd with bagpipes!!! Reggae style. But just stare at the incredible lady's legs!!!

Last edited:
What a great song! In every way!!!! That's on my playlist forever!

I will go with a new woman, based on this.

Forum List

Back