🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

UN: Biased, Prejudiced, and Unprofessional

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Vol. 13, No. 7 17 March 2013

Biased, Prejudiced, and Unprofessional: The UN Human Rights Council Fact-Finding Mission Report on Israeli Settlements
Amb. Alan Baker

§ On 31 January 2013 the "International Fact-Finding Mission on Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory" published its findings on the implications of Israeli settlements on the human rights of the Palestinian people.

§ The enabling resolution of the Human Rights Council, the composition of the mission, its mandate, mode of operation, and substantive content are, from the outset, based on a premise that considers Israel's settlement policy to be illegal. This premise dictates the one-sided and prejudiced nature of the mission and its report.

§ The accepted usage in UN and other international bodies of the term "occupied Palestinian territories" (OPT) is legally flawed and indicative of the inherent bias accompanying this entire exercise. There has never been any determination that the West Bank territories are in fact "Palestinian territories." The use of the expression "OPT" constitutes a politically biased and unjustified prejudgment as to the legal status of the territories, which remain "disputed territories" pending agreement between the parties.

§ The report is based entirely on material submitted by a small number of Israeli, Palestinian, and international non-governmental organizations known for their anti-Israel agenda, residents of the territories, a left-wing-oriented Israeli newspaper (while ignoring other newspapers that take a different stand), UN bodies, and even the Jordanian foreign ministry.

§ The following critique of this inherently one-sided report by the fact-finding mission outlines some examples of the blatant bias, lack of objectivity and unprofessional conduct of the mission, calling upon the UN Secretary General to reject the report in its entirety.

Ambassador (ret.) Alan Baker is former Legal Counsel of Israel's Foreign Ministry and former Israeli Ambassador to Canada. He is Director of the Institute for Contemporary Affairs at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs.

Click here to read the full article.

http://www.rightsidenews.com/201303...ng-mission-report-on-israeli-settlements.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to find the article this came from in my email and I cannot find it. I thought the click here for full article would work but it didn't come up as a link. While I am still looking for it is there some secret to why some links paste on this board and other links - click here - type link does not? Any advice? thanks. - Jeremiah

I doubt anyone here is shocked to learn the UN has been found to be biased, prejudiced and unprofessional concerning their dealings with Israel. Still I'd like to add a link if someone can figure out why mine didn't take here at the bottom of the article. Thanks.

I doubt anyone here is shocked to learn the UN has been found to be biased, prejudiced and unprofessional concerning their dealings with Israel. Still I'd like to add a link if someone can figure out why mine didn't take here at the bottom of the article. Thanks.

Sometimes links work, sometimes they don't. I found a link to your OP, it may not be the place where you found it though. It does have the complete text I think.

The UN Human Rights Council, based in Geneva, dispatched the Mission in March 2012 “to investigate the implications of the Israeli settlements on the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people throughout the occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem.”

Since 1967, the Mission’s report notes, Israeli governments have openly led, directly participated in, and had full control of the planning, construction, development, consolidation and encouragement of settlements.

“In compliance with Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, Israel must cease all settlement activities without preconditions,” said Christine Chanet, chair of the three-member inquiry.

Israel must “immediately initiate a process of withdrawal of all settlers from the OPT,” the Mission adds, as well as ensure “adequate, effective and prompt remedy” to all Palestinian victims for the harm suffered as a consequence of human rights violations resulting from the settlements.

The report states that settlements are established and developed for the exclusive benefit of Israeli Jews. They are maintained and advanced through a system of total segregation between the settlers and the rest of the population living in the OPT.

This system of segregation is supported and facilitated by strict military and law enforcement control to the detriment of the rights of the Palestinian population, it adds.

“We are today calling on the Government of Israel to ensure full accountability for all violations, put an end to the policy of impunity and to ensure justice for all victims,” said Asma Jahangir, another member of the Mission.

The report states that Israel is committing serious breaches of its obligations under the right to self-determination and under humanitarian law.

“The magnitude of violations relating to Israel’s policies of dispossessions, evictions, demolitions and displacements from land shows the widespread nature of these breaches of human rights. The motivation behind violence and intimidation against the Palestinians and their properties is to drive the local populations away from their lands, allowing the settlements to expand,”
United Nations News Centre - Independent UN inquiry urges halt to Israeli settlements in occupied Palestinian territory

Your link failed because it was too full of bullshit.

It happens when the feed overloads the output.

But.............keep trying.................you might find a way to let your bullshit free.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back