UN Expert says San Francisco reminds her of Indian slums

And that’s not Warren Indian being referred to. That’s slums of Bombay.

Post a photograph of a slum in San Francisco, since I know all 49 sq. miles well, I can assure you this statement is a damn lie.
upload_2019-7-7_15-38-27.jpeg

upload_2019-7-7_15-38-54.jpeg

Keep going?

It's true S.F. and a lot of other cities right now need to rethink their policies. People are homeless primarily because they can't find anywhere affordable to live. Someone is getting rich off these people. The rich are not going to want solutions. That would take away some of their money.

we need more tax cuts especially capital gains
fuck everyone else
Im sick of yas
:04:

Wait until thousands of africans get there. Every night will be purge night.
Like this.

DbpUfskV0AAHnhy.jpg

Mission district now cleared if virtually all homeless tents after final push this morning by city crews #homeless
Where did they send them?
I don't know.
Here is the story from a local affiliate of Fox.

"There's nowhere to go," Cutler said over the phone on Wednesday, after spending the day offering the homeless comfort, and de-escalation for what she calls a "traumatizing" situation. "I've been going down every day [this week]."

"It's a waste of resources. [DPW will] be called the next day. It's a cycle that's been going on. People don't disappear. It just pushes them away," Cutler said.

Mission District cleared of homeless tent encampments at mayor's order

It's true S.F. and a lot of other cities right now need to rethink their policies. People are homeless primarily because they can't find anywhere affordable to live. Someone is getting rich off these people. The rich are not going to want solutions. That would take away some of their money.
Moving to where a 400 sq ft studio apartment is $35,000 a month is not their solution.

But moving to where the government gives you freebies and supports your drug habits is.

Last edited:

Post a photograph of a slum in San Francisco, since I know all 49 sq. miles well, I can assure you this statement is a damn lie.

san francisco homeless - Yahoo Image Search Results

Homeless in San Francisco does not equate with slums.

Nothing in the photos you posted are equivalent to anything at all in The City of San Francisco:

photos of slums in baltimore - Google Search

photos of slums in atlanta - Google Search

photos of slums in East St. Louis - Google Search

San Francisco Is a Slum? Hardly.

This image in the google search shows Rio, not San Francisco

rocinha.jpg

Slums do not exist in SF, tent cities do. Many of those who sleep on streets, are FT employees who can't afford the rent in The City. City College, the local community college, has many students living in cars/vans and in tents. The City has begun to explore allowing cars to be parked overnight in the parking lots at the college, and providing toilets and security in the lots.

As for the homeless, usually drug or alcohol dependent, or mentally ill, plenty of resources are available, but you can't take a homeless person into custody and force them into treatment.

Nothing in the photos you posted are equivalent to anything at all in The City of San Francisco:

rocinha.jpg

Slums do not exist in SF, tent cities do. Many of those who sleep on streets, are FT employees who can't afford the rent in The City. City College, the local community college, has many students living in cars/vans and in tents. The City has begun to explore allowing cars to be parked overnight in the parking lots at the college, and providing toilets and security in the lots.

As for the homeless, usually drug or alcohol dependent, or mentally ill, plenty of resources are available, but you can't take a homeless person into custody and force them into treatment.
Compared to what SF was in the late 70's up to the late 80's, the entire city is a slum anymore. I no longer go back to SF, which is a shame as when we do travel to CA, My wife loved SF.

Not anymore.

rocinha.jpg

Your taste in hygiene obviously differs from mine.

Moving to where a 400 sq ft studio apartment is $35,000 a month is not their solution.

But moving to where the government gives you freebies and supports your drug habits is.
? Free sidewalk, you mean?

Forum List

Back