"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

Why would you shoot someone that was running away?

Because he is a proven danger heading toward innocent victims.
We hire the police to maintain public safety as well as arrest felons. If he managed to get down the street drunk and probably high also I'm guessing there's no telling what he may have done and who he may have done it to.

Jo

Who told you he was a proven danger? If he was dangerous why didnt he harm someone prior to the cops arriving?

Anyone drunk driving is a proven harm. The problem here, the punishment must fit the crime.

The tree dweller was driving drunk.........a crime. If he had killed some of YOUR family members You would be signing a different tune.
Then he was resisting arrest.........another crime..........then he stole a LEO's Taser............another crime........then he fired the Taser at a LEO..........another crime. YOU need to get your head out of your ass!

It's not about him. It's not about any one situation. It's about decades of issues.
wrong

this thread is about a specific dead black guy and the poor decisions he made that night that cost him his life

what kind of faulty reasoning led him to think that brawling with two cops on the street was going to make him better off?

If I shoot someone that is running away I get charged with a crime. Should they have found him and arrested him? Absolutely.
ya, they had his car. Impound that, and wait for him to come for it.

The odds of finding him that night are good. They generally do.
I was an MP in the Army. A Colonel told me if I did something wrong I would get chewed out by him and my life would go on
But If I had an unauthorized shooting, I would be in and out of court my whole life
In other words, Just let the person go and get chewed out.

Clearly not the same thing here....What was the Colonel's advise when a detainee overpowered you enough to take a weapon off your person?

A huge part of the problem is you still have a president and many others unwilling to sit down and listen.
You’re why Trump will take 50 States.

And if so and he continues the way he is the problem continues to grow.

So, essentially what you are saying here is that if Trump is re elected, and doesn't do things the way YOU think they should be done, then you'll continue to ramp up the violence?

How about you accept the results of an election?

If he wins he wins. I don't really care who wins as neither are anything I support. If you can look around and see what is happening and you want Trump to stay on the same path, so be it. I doubt you are going to like the results.

Well, we will know in November won't we? But, why wouldn't I want the path for the country that the President is taking? Economic sucess, more level playing field in the world, and minus coronovirus numbers, unemployment at historic lows....Other than style issues you have what's the down side?
Be realistic. Rioting and murdering and disbanded police departments is going to make people vote for the party behind the violence.

Trump's reactions have all gone over really poorly. Even the Republicans have refused to defend him. If you believe that is irrelevant, OK, we will see.

Quite the blanket statement you have there....But, if you are saying that YOU don't like his reactions, then I would just say that would be expected.

Except that isn't what I said.

Did you forget what you typed?

" Trump's reactions have all gone over really poorly. Even the Republicans have refused to defend him."

It is exactly what you said.

Indeed I did and that has nothing to do with me.

He had disarmed one of the officers of his taser which he kept. He had turned and tried to shoot that taser at the officers. That's why he was shot.

If I shoot someone that is running away I get charged with a crime. Should they have found him and arrested him? Absolutely.

I was an MP in the Army. A Colonel told me if I did something wrong I would get chewed out by him and my life would go on
But If I had an unauthorized shooting, I would be in and out of court my whole life

Clearly not the same thing here....What was the Colonel's advise when a detainee overpowered you enough to take a weapon off your person?

A huge part of the problem is you still have a president and many others unwilling to sit down and listen.

So, essentially what you are saying here is that if Trump is re elected, and doesn't do things the way YOU think they should be done, then you'll continue to ramp up the violence?

If he wins he wins. I don't really care who wins as neither are anything I support. If you can look around and see what is happening and you want Trump to stay on the same path, so be it. I doubt you are going to like the results.

Well, we will know in November won't we? But, why wouldn't I want the path for the country that the President is taking? Economic sucess, more level playing field in the world, and minus coronovirus numbers, unemployment at historic lows....Other than style issues you have what's the down side?

Support him. That's your call.

(The economy is all fake)

I know it is, with or without your permission...

As for the economy being "all fake"..... I would ask,

1. Are you employed?

2. Has your salary increased over the past 3 1/2 years?

Yes, No.

Hmmm... Then I'd find a different job there buddy.

I'm retiring July 24th.

Congradulations....I sincerely mean that...

So, then allow me to rephrase the question,

Obviously, the economy is in good enough shape over the past 3 1/2 years that you believe that it is good enough to go into retirement. If as you say the "economy is all fake", then anyone with two brain cells would not be taking that step, no?

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

We hire the police to maintain public safety as well as arrest felons. If he managed to get down the street drunk and probably high also I'm guessing there's no telling what he may have done and who he may have done it to.

Jo

Who told you he was a proven danger? If he was dangerous why didnt he harm someone prior to the cops arriving?

Anyone drunk driving is a proven harm. The problem here, the punishment must fit the crime.

The tree dweller was driving drunk.........a crime. If he had killed some of YOUR family members You would be signing a different tune.
Then he was resisting arrest.........another crime..........then he stole a LEO's Taser............another crime........then he fired the Taser at a LEO..........another crime. YOU need to get your head out of your ass!

I have thought long and hard on things like this. I am anti-death penalty. If someone killed one of my kids would thoughts cross my mind that I wanted them dead? Yes, that is possible. It still wouldn't make it right.

If in some other life things turned bad, would I perhaps steal food to feed my family? Yes, that's possible. Does that mean I need to support stealing? No.

Be realistic. Rioting and murdering and disbanded police departments is going to make people vote for the party behind the violence.

Trump's reactions have all gone over really poorly. Even the Republicans have refused to defend him. If you believe that is irrelevant, OK, we will see.

Quite the blanket statement you have there....But, if you are saying that YOU don't like his reactions, then I would just say that would be expected.

" Trump's reactions have all gone over really poorly. Even the Republicans have refused to defend him."

You didn't qualify in your original statement. How are we to quantify your postings if you purposely remain unclear.

1. Are you employed?

Yes, No.

I'm retiring July 24th.

Obviously, the economy is in good enough shape over the past 3 1/2 years that you believe that it is good enough to go into retirement. If as you say the "economy is all fake", then anyone with two brain cells would not be taking that step, no?
Economy is so bad I’m going on a fixed income using my savings!

Jo

I have thought long and hard on things like this. I am anti-death penalty. If someone killed one of my kids would thoughts cross my mind that I wanted them dead? Yes, that is possible. It still wouldn't make it right.

If in some other life things turned bad, would I perhaps steal food to feed my family? Yes, that's possible. Does that mean I need to support stealing? No.

Unless it’s a baby being born, then rip their limbs off!

1. Are you employed?

Yes, No.

I'm retiring July 24th.

Why? If things go that bad it goes really bad for everyone and everything. Do I trust the markets with my retirement? Absolutely not which is why I've taken precautions there. Does it mean I will miss out on possible more money? Yes it does but I really do not care about that.

I've taken the precautions to pay everything off. I owe no one anything. I no longer have any desire for a new car. I have no desire to take an ocean cruise. If I move it would be to downsize. I have hobbies I want to do but none of them are expensive. Some I can even make some side money on.

Jo

Unless it’s a baby being born, then rip their limbs off!

Are you trying to say something about abortion? I'm pro-life.

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

The video CNN showed CLEARLY showed the tree dweller turning as he was running away and firing the Taser at the LEO.
What if the tree dweller had broken into YOUR home and threatened YOUR family? Fucking wise up pal!
LEOs are their to protect us from sub-human scum.
Don't like it? Move somewhere on earth that has no law enforcement.
If the tree dweller had started resisting arrest in Africa he would have been shot dead in a millisecond.

It's not about him. It's not about any one situation. It's about decades of issues.
wrong

this thread is about a specific dead black guy and the poor decisions he made that night that cost him his life

what kind of faulty reasoning led him to think that brawling with two cops on the street was going to make him better off?

The thread is also about the facts after that happened. Drunk people make bad decisions.

You didn't qualify in your original statement. How are we to quantify your postings if you purposely remain unclear.

I was clear. "Even the Republican's refuse to support him".

Argue if you wish that's a part of the problem. I do not believe the middle is going to support the gassing of peaceful people associating together for a presidential photo op.

1. Are you employed?

Yes, No.

I'm retiring July 24th.

Why? If things go that bad it goes really bad for everyone and everything. Do I trust the markets with my retirement? Absolutely not which is why I've taken precautions there. Does it mean I will miss out on possible more money? Yes it does but I really do not care about that.

I've taken the precautions to pay everything off. I owe no one anything. I no longer have any desire for a new car. I have no desire to take an ocean cruise. If I move it would be to downsize. I have hobbies I want to do but none of them are expensive. Some I can even make some side money on.

Well, I wish you all the best in your retirement...I wish I was there, I got a few more years to go.

I disagree with you on just about everything political, however, You see like a decent person, and best of luck.

The thread is also about the facts after that happened. Drunk people make bad decisions.
America is being burned down by outraged lefties on behalf of black people who make bad decisions

and still I wonder about the flawed thought process of so many black people

Did they have to shoot if he was running away? Hey! Here's a novel idea, if a criminal says....I'm not coming with you and walks or runs away, the new police policy should be.....oh well, let's let him go because he doesn't want to go. Burglary of a residence....no problem, just tell the cops you aren't going to jail and walk away. Raping a woman...no problem, just tell them you're leaving and walk away, because you're black and no matter what you do, you're not allowed to be arrested and put in jail....because you're not an equal in society, you're special (usually because of stupidity).
What of the opposite? A person is caught shop lifting. Kill him on the spot. He won't do that again. DUI? As soon as he stops, pop a cap in his head, again he won't endanger the public again. It would certainly cut down on crime if people knew that any violation of law carried the death penalty.
YOU would not singing a totally different tune if the drunk tree dweller had a head on collision with your family in the car he hit.
Fucking wise up!
The tree dweller was not shoplifting ASSHOLE!
The "public" is made up of real people.

The police claim he pointed the taser at them... of course everyone on the left either dismiss that by pretending it didn't happen, or they dismiss it by choosing not to believe it.
So the question at that point - does an officer have a right to use lethal force against an assailant who has a weapon that can and will incapacitate him/her. My answer - yes. At that point the assailant can take the officers gun and kill him and others.

I was clear. "Even the Republican's refuse to support him".

Argue if you wish that's a part of the problem. I do not believe the middle is going to support the gassing of peaceful people associating together for a presidential photo op.

The media says gas was used, the LEA's in charge of the operation to clear the park says it wasn't used...

You can choose who you want to believe I guess, but beware. In light of so called News org's seeing their mission these days as one of driving narrative instead of reporting events is troubling...

America is being burned down by outraged lefties on behalf of black people who make bad decisions

and still I wonder about the flawed thought process of so many black people

What bad decision did Breonna Taylor make?

Forum List

Back