"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

The video CNN showed CLEARLY showed the tree dweller turning as he was running away and firing the Taser at the LEO.
What if the tree dweller had broken into YOUR home and threatened YOUR family? Fucking wise up pal!
LEOs are their to protect us from sub-human scum.
Don't like it? Move somewhere on earth that has no law enforcement.
If the tree dweller had started resisting arrest in Africa he would have been shot dead in a millisecond.

If Brooks did turn and point the taser at the cop, then the shooting was justified, but if Brooks was just running away, then the shooting was not justified. In either case, as soon as Brooks assaulted the first cop, he became a violent criminal and if he had lived and justice was possible in Atlanta he would have spent time in prison if he had lived.

When two police officers cannot take an unarmed suspect into custody, obviously they were not well trained, and it is not surprising they were not since the Atlanta police chief who just resigned had said the police spent too much time and effort making arrests and not enough time trying to help young black men.

It is worth noting that unlike your post, there is nothing to suggest that any of the decisions made by these police officers were motivated by racism.

Running away does not legally nor morally disqualify you from bring shot in All circumstances.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

I'm on the side of the cops on this one. He fought with them, stole a taser and was running off. Another piece of garbage off the streets.

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

The video CNN showed CLEARLY showed the tree dweller turning as he was running away and firing the Taser at the LEO.
What if the tree dweller had broken into YOUR home and threatened YOUR family? Fucking wise up pal!
If the tree dweller had started resisting arrest in Africa he would have been shot dead in a millisecond.

If Brooks did turn and point the taser at the cop, then the shooting was justified, but if Brooks was just running away, then the shooting was not justified. In either case, as soon as Brooks assaulted the first cop, he became a violent criminal and if he had lived and justice was possible in Atlanta he would have spent time in prison if he had lived.

When two police officers cannot take an unarmed suspect into custody, obviously they were not well trained, and it is not surprising they were not since the Atlanta police chief who just resigned had said the police spent too much time and effort making arrests and not enough time trying to help young black men.

It is worth noting that unlike your post, there is nothing to suggest that any of the decisions made by these police officers were motivated by racism.

Running away does not legally nor morally disqualify you from bring shot in All circumstances.

If in running away the suspect does not pose an imminent threat to someone the officer cannot claim self defense, and in nearly all jurisdictions, self defense or the defense of others is the only situation in which firing your gun is the only legal circumstance. Firing a gun at someone poses a threat to public safety since if you miss, and sometimes even if you hit your target, innocent people can be killed. In nearly all jurisdictions the proper procedure is to pursue the suspect and call for assistance and only fire your weapon in defense of your self or others.

If in running away the suspect does not pose an imminent threat to someone the officer cannot claim self defense, and in nearly all jurisdictions, self defense or the defense of others is the only situation in which firing your gun is the only legal circumstance. Firing a gun at someone poses a threat to public safety since if you miss, and sometimes even if you hit your target, innocent people can be killed. In nearly all jurisdictions the proper procedure is to pursue the suspect and call for assistance and only fire your weapon in defense of your self or others.

Mostly wrong. The suspect shoots the police and the police fall to the ground and the criminal begins to run away. It’s perfectly legal and moral and sensible to shoot him and end the escape attempt. You emotetard libs think running away is saying “I’m sorry” and there go emotions once again obscuring facts and reality

Mostly wrong. The suspect shoots the police and the police fall to the ground and the criminal begins to run away. It’s perfectly legal and moral and sensible to shoot him and end the escape attempt. You emotetard libs think running away is saying “I’m sorry” and there go emotions once again obscuring facts and reality

Regardless of what the suspect did before, if he is running away and presents to imminent threat then it is illegal to shoot him. The rule everywhere is that a police officer can only fire his gun in defense of himself or someone else. Regardless of what seems right or just to you, when the suspect no longer poses an imminent threat, it is illegal to shoot him.

Regardless of what the suspect did before, if he is running away and presents to imminent threat then it is illegal to shoot him. The rule everywhere is that a police officer can only fire his gun in defense of himself or someone else. Regardless of what seems right or just to you, when the suspect no longer poses an imminent threat, it is illegal to shoot him.

Soooo, if he had run a few steps, turned and fired the Taser at the cops....can we shoot him then....PLEEEEZ!

Soooo, if he had run a few steps, turned and fired the Taser at the cops....can we shoot him then....PLEEEEZ!

As soon as he pointed the taser at the cop, the cop could shoot him, but if he just keeps running, the cop can't shoot him.

Forum List

Back