Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?

I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Am I wrong sure why not? am I right? who knows.....

Coming from a former believer in god who never believed a word people like gismys say. I believed in god but I never believed good people who don't believe go to hell or that you can be an asshole and as long as you are "saved" or believe in christ that this is somehow your ticket into heaven. I may have believed in god but that's only because that's what everyone told me. No one told me as a child to question or use reason or logic.

In fact I watch the religious tv shows and it amazes me the claims these people are making without having any proof. Jesus said or the lord said.... Really? When? Who saw this? How big was the boat? Mary was a virgin? As an intelligent adult at least you have to admit that all the stories from the mormons to the muslims to the christians are unbelievable. You have to ignore reality to believe in any of the organized religions.

But your reply is the one reply I don't mind. At least you admit you believe in god because you want to. You don't try to pretend the bible is fact or like BOSS you don't try to use science to justify the existence of a god because science says there probably is no god. Just like the consensus on global warming you can always find some scientists who believe in god but if they are truly scientists they would admit they are not basing their belief on facts.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Sir Isaac Newton, one of history’s greatest scientists, was not only intensely religious but also believed in alchemical transmutation. Alchemy is, however, fully incorrect given our modern understanding of chemistry, the atom and nucleosynthysis.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Coming from a former believer in god who never believed a word people like gismys say. I believed in god but I never believed good people who don't believe go to hell or that you can be an asshole and as long as you are "saved" or believe in christ that this is somehow your ticket into heaven. I may have believed in god but that's only because that's what everyone told me. No one told me as a child to question or use reason or logic.

In fact I watch the religious tv shows and it amazes me the claims these people are making without having any proof. Jesus said or the lord said.... Really? When? Who saw this? How big was the boat? Mary was a virgin? As an intelligent adult at least you have to admit that all the stories from the mormons to the muslims to the christians are unbelievable. You have to ignore reality to believe in any of the organized religions.

But your reply is the one reply I don't mind. At least you admit you believe in god because you want to. You don't try to pretend the bible is fact or like BOSS you don't try to use science to justify the existence of a god because science says there probably is no god. Just like the consensus on global warming you can always find some scientists who believe in god but if they are truly scientists they would admit they are not basing their belief on facts.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Sir Isaac Newton, one of history’s greatest scientists, was not only intensely religious but also believed in alchemical transmutation. Alchemy is, however, fully incorrect given our modern understanding of chemistry, the atom and nucleosynthysis.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

LOL!!!! GOD SAYS HE LAUGHS AT THE ""wisdom"" OF little man!!! AFTER READING YOUR POST,I UNDERSTAND WHY GOD LAUGHS!!! LOL!!!

if you really believe in god and god's word then you would want to obey god,jesus sends his followers out to all the world with his gospel(good news) and you??

i do through my acts and deeds, not on a message board acting like a zealot and screaming like a lunatic.

no!!! Imho you are trying to fool yourself and live in your dream world!!!

This is what I love about the internet. Before the internet, an atheist would have to hope to run into other like minded person to be able to even have this discussion. Today we can come to message boards and realize we are not alone.

Thank GOSH! I like what the one person told you. How can we fake it? If we don't buy your ancient stories, why would that be the test to going to heaven or hell? You, your pedophile churches, corrupt lying kings and pharaohs might have made it up just to control the slaves. The stories in your book don't make sense yet you want us to have blind faith to your cult and its leader jesus christ? Sorry can't do it.

Oh, and you have to know that probably 75% of so called "chrstians" don't take the bible literally. They are only chrstians because they were born into it. Like I use to be. It isn't that big of a leap before the masses are either agnostic atheists, atheists or spiritual. The christian religion is dying just like the Greek gods died.

Now how much longer after that will it take for the brainwashed muslims. I guess that depends on when they get their freedom to think for themselves. I know many former muslims from Iran who don't believe in god now that they are free here in America to say it. The dumbest most ignorant christians are the chaldeans. I haven't met one that knows a damn thing about the bible but they say they are Catholics or Chaldeans know why? They wanted to get the fuck out of Iraq.

Look who the Catholics went and prayed on. The poor Mexicans and Africans. Same as the Muslims. They went after poor Africans and Muslims. Competing business' imo.

And the Jews don't recruit. :eusa_clap:

What fools the nations are to rage against the Lord! How strange that men should try to outwit God!* 2 For a summit conference of the nations has been called to plot against the Lord and his Messiah, Christ the King. 3 “Come, let us break his chains,” they say, “and free ourselves from all this slavery to God.”

4 But God in heaven merely laughs! He is amused by all their puny plans. 5 And then in fierce fury he rebukes them and fills them with fear.

6 For the Lord declares,“This is the King of my choice, and I have enthroned him in Jerusalem, my holy city.”*

7 His chosen one replies, “I will reveal the everlasting purposes of God, for the Lord has said to me, ‘You are my Son. This is your Coronation Day.* Today I am giving you your glory.’” 8 “Only ask and I will give you all the nations of the world. 9 Rule them with an iron rod; smash them like clay pots!”

10 O kings and rulers of the earth, listen while there is time. 11 Serve the Lord with reverent fear; rejoice with trembling. 12 Fall down before his Son and kiss his feet before his anger is roused and you perish. I am warning you—his wrath will soon begin. But oh, the joys of those who put their trust in him!
PSALM 2

LOL!!!! GOD SAYS HE LAUGHS AT THE ""wisdom"" OF little man!!! AFTER READING YOUR POST,I UNDERSTAND WHY GOD LAUGHS!!! LOL!!!

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another [2] on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented [2] by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham

What fools the nations are to rage against the Lord! How strange that men should try to outwit God!* 2 For a summit conference of the nations has been called to plot against the Lord and his Messiah, Christ the King. 3 “Come, let us break his chains,” they say, “and free ourselves from all this slavery to God.”

4 But God in heaven merely laughs! He is amused by all their puny plans. 5 And then in fierce fury he rebukes them and fills them with fear.

6 For the Lord declares,“This is the King of my choice, and I have enthroned him in Jerusalem, my holy city.”*

7 His chosen one replies, “I will reveal the everlasting purposes of God, for the Lord has said to me, ‘You are my Son. This is your Coronation Day.* Today I am giving you your glory.’” 8 “Only ask and I will give you all the nations of the world. 9 Rule them with an iron rod; smash them like clay pots!”

10 O kings and rulers of the earth, listen while there is time. 11 Serve the Lord with reverent fear; rejoice with trembling. 12 Fall down before his Son and kiss his feet before his anger is roused and you perish. I am warning you—his wrath will soon begin. But oh, the joys of those who put their trust in him!
PSALM 2

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

PSALM 2

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

YES!!! FOOLS HAVE WASTED THERIR LIVES TRYING TO ARGUE AND FIGHT AGAINST ALMIGHTY GOD FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS,MOST OF THEM ARE LONG DEAD AND IN HELL,WILL YOU JOIN Them???

Unbelievers live in fear of death.

No, they don't. At least not more than others.
You see, I did not exist before conception, or birth, depends on the viewpoint, and I will not exist when I'm dead.
No feelings, no regrets, nothing. The only problem, and you have that too, is how to die.
Because that can get pretty nasty and uncomfortable.
After that, the neurons in my brain stop working, no more electrochemical signaling, and I will not even know that I ever lived. I will not even not know, because there is no me anymore. Period. Nothing to be afraid of.

You see, I did not exist before conception, or birth, depends on the viewpoint, and I will not exist when I'm dead.
No feelings, no regrets, nothing. The only problem, and you have that too, is how to die.
After that, the neurons in my brain stop working, no more electrochemical signaling, and I will not even know that I ever lived. I will not even not know, because there is no me anymore. Period. Nothing to be afraid of.

LOL!! WORDS OF A FOOL!!! LOL!!! little man's ideas and opinions change NO TRUTH!!!! GOD MAKES THE RULES not you!!! wise up!!

YES!!! FOOLS HAVE WASTED THERIR LIVES TRYING TO ARGUE AND FIGHT AGAINST ALMIGHTY GOD FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS,MOST OF THEM ARE LONG DEAD AND IN HELL,WILL YOU JOIN Them???

If it would be the case, of course.
All interesting people seem to be in hell. In heaven I would obviously meet people like you.
What more severe punishment could someone think of?

PSALM 2

If it's been going on for thousands of years then yes most of the doubters are dead but in hell? Why? Because they don't believe a man made story? If I tell you a story will you believe it without proof?

Hey, what do you think about this? Presbyterians vote to allow same-sex marriage - CNN.com

LOL!! WORDS OF A FOOL!!! LOL!!! little man's ideas and opinions change NO TRUTH!!!! GOD MAKES THE RULES not you!!! wise up!!

Who is your preacher? What denomination are you? I want to know the man that is telling you what god says.

Otherwise you're just asking us to take your word for it and you seem crazy and stupid.

Presbyterians vote to allow same-sex marriage - CNN.com

:eusa_pray:

no, they don't. At least not more than others.
You see, i did not exist before conception, or birth, depends on the viewpoint, and i will not exist when i'm dead.
After that, the neurons in my brain stop working, no more electrochemical signaling, and i will not even know that i ever lived. I will not even not know, because there is no me anymore. Period. Nothing to be afraid of.

lol!! Words of a fool!!! Lol!!! Little man's ideas and opinions change no truth!!!! God makes the rules not you!!! Wise up!!

who is your preacher? What denomination are you? I want to know the man that is telling you what god says.

Otherwise you're just asking us to take your word for it and you seem crazy and stupid.

presbyterians vote to allow same-sex marriage - cnn.com

we need no man to tell us what god says!!!! God's word is god's living eternal word to mankind!!!

lol!! Words of a fool!!! Lol!!! Little man's ideas and opinions change no truth!!!! God makes the rules not you!!! Wise up!!

who is your preacher? What denomination are you? I want to know the man that is telling you what god says.

we need no man to tell us what god says!!!! God's word is god's living eternal word to mankind!!!

Yes you do. In fact it was Greeks who translated the Hebrew Bible into Greek and then into English. So in fact, yes you did need "man" to tell you what god said.

Also, man wrote down what god said. You are taking man's word.

Oh, and god told me he put gays on earth so we'd stop overpopulating the planet. You breeders can keep breeding but ever so often he's going to give you a gay kid because we're multiplying too rapidly.

I know the lord said it's natural to multiply but as we see with other animals or in China that overpopulation is a problem. God put gays here for a reason so get use to it. God told me some guy wrote that about gays in your man made text and he says you need to remember that..

We? Who's we? What church/cult do you belong to?

WE?? WE are ALL REAL BELIEVERS IN ALMIGHTY GOD,BELIEVERS WHO HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN INTO THE ETERNAL FAMILY OF GOD!!and you??

Last edited:

WE?? WE are ALL REAL BELIEVERS IN ALMIGHTY GOD,BELIEVERS WHO HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN INTO THE ETERNAL FAMILY OF GOD!!and you??

Would I be ok going to this church? Presbyterians vote to allow same-sex marriage - CNN.com

They believe in god, have accepted jesus as their lord...

I don't know if they've been born again or not. Like many christians they might have been baptized as young chiildren.

SO, do you have to be baptized as an adult to go to heaven? What church do you belong to? I want to look into it. You are such a good representative I bet everyone on USMB is going to like what they see when they research your specific church.

Are you ashamed of it? Are you ashamed of your all mighty god? There are lots of versions of the bible. Which one do you read? If you don't give up what church you belong to you are denying god. I will ask you 2 more times. I want you to deny him 2 more times, or deny me the wisdom you supposedly have because of your denomination that says specifically to get into heaven you have to "

Is it this one? How to repent, receive salvation, receive eternal life, be born again

Would I be ok going to this church? Presbyterians vote to allow same-sex marriage - CNN.com

They believe in god, have accepted jesus as their lord...

I don't know if they've been born again or not. Like many christians they might have been baptized as young chiildren.

SO, do you have to be baptized as an adult to go to heaven? What church do you belong to? I want to look into it. You are such a good representative I bet everyone on USMB is going to like what they see when they research your specific church.

Are you ashamed of it? Are you ashamed of your all mighty god? There are lots of versions of the bible. Which one do you read? If you don't give up what church you belong to you are denying god. I will ask you 2 more times. I want you to deny him 2 more times, or deny me the wisdom you supposedly have because of your denomination that says specifically to get into heaven you have to "

Is it this one? How to repent, receive salvation, receive eternal life, be born again

WHY POST SUCH IGNORANCE!!! IN THE LAST DAYS THERE WILL BE MANY FALSE TEACHERS(CHURCHES)=== The Holy Spirit tells us in plain words that in the last days some people will turn away from the faith. They will listen to what is said about spirits and follow the teaching about demons. 2 Those who teach this tell it as the truth when they know it is a lie. They do it so much that their own hearts no longer say it is wrong. 3 They will say, “Do not get married. Do not eat some kinds of food.” But God gave these things to Christians who know the truth. We are to thank God for them. 4 Everything God made is good. We should not put anything aside if we can take it and thank God for it. 5 It is made holy by the Word of God and prayer 1 TIMOTHY 4:1-5

Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?==BELIEVERS can say==For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying—well, that’s better yet! 22 But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! 23 Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! 24 But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!

25 Yes, I am still needed down here, and so I feel certain I will be staying on earth a little longer, to help you grow and become happy in your faith; 26 my staying will make you glad and give you reason to glorify Christ Jesus for keeping me safe when I return to visit you again.

27 But whatever happens to me, remember always to live as Christians should, so that whether I ever see you again or not, I will keep on hearing good reports that you are standing side by side with one strong purpose—to tell the Good News 28 fearlessly, no matter what your enemies may do. They will see this as a sign of their downfall, but for you it will be a clear sign from God that he is with you, and that he has given you eternal life with him.
Philippians 1:21-28

Why do you project your delusions on rational thinking people an attribute your fears on them?

It seems the fundy christers are the ones obsessed by and fear death

Rational normal people are trying to live life to the fullest for them and their families while loonbats like you are obsessed with death. Looks like you fear is on display for all to see :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back