Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?

i'm about 50 (in july), i've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood i'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, i've done pretty much everything i want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

i've known a lot of atheists but none who feared death. It's the "christians" who are so afraid of living and dying they had to make up an imaginary invisible magic fairy to lean on.

I wish you well and don't listen gismo's insane blatherings. He's just about as sick a christian as i've had the misfortune to come across just do what i do - don't read his posts.

Sent from my ipad using usmessageboard.com

you live under a rock????? Do some research on how unbelievers face death and then how real believers face death with a smile, most say i am going home and i am ready ptl.

but we all are sons and daughters of GOD.... why yell it like that? like if saying it louder it will make it truer....

but we all are sons and daughters of GOD.... why yelled it like that? like if saying it louder it will make it truer....

WRONG!!! VERY WRONG!!! JESUS SAYS THOSE THAT REJECT GOD AND GOD'S LOVE ARE CHILDREN OF satan!!!

JESUS SAYS TO UNBELIEVERS
John 8:44 ►
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

believing is a choice!! Make the wise choice!!!! Think!!!

i've never had the experience of a supernatural being making himself known to me in any way...thus any "belief" would be false.

How did you come to believe...have you had some personal experience that convinced you there was a god?

By the way thanks for the quick response...i enjoy these kinds of discussions!

I am happy to answer your question. I look at the universe and all life and I see a design,a plan,intelligence that could not be just an accident of time and chance and i know God must be real. If you have made the choice to not believe then you doom yourdelf, ""if"" if you would like to believe then say to God," God if you are real then I ask you to reveile truth to me,help me know if you are real". God will answer that prayer 100% of the time. Then read God's word,start in the book of matthew,then read Romans,Ephesians,Galations, that will give you a good base then read it all and expect God to talk to you through his word!!! He will!!! 100% for sure. But if you are really making the choice to not believe no matter what,then you can expect nothing!!! Your choice.

Thanks again for the quick response.

I do not see complexity of life, nor the universe evidence of a supernatural being, but I can respect the opinion of those who do.

You've answered my questions honestly and directly (as near as I can tell). The complexity argument does not have any spiritual impact to me, thus it does not change my atheism.

As a side note, there is a post somewhere above this one where you claim that atheists will die poorly, and in fear. I can assure you I will not go out that way.

Good discussion my friend!

i've never had the experience of a supernatural being making himself known to me in any way...thus any "belief" would be false.

How did you come to believe...have you had some personal experience that convinced you there was a god?

By the way thanks for the quick response...i enjoy these kinds of discussions!

I am happy to answer your question. I look at the universe and all life and I see a design,a plan,intelligence that could not be just an accident of time and chance and i know God must be real. If you have made the choice to not believe then you doom yourdelf, ""if"" if you would like to believe then say to God," God if you are real then I ask you to reveile truth to me,help me know if you are real". God will answer that prayer 100% of the time. Then read God's word,start in the book of matthew,then read Romans,Ephesians,Galations, that will give you a good base then read it all and expect God to talk to you through his word!!! He will!!! 100% for sure. But if you are really making the choice to not believe no matter what,then you can expect nothing!!! Your choice.

I do not see complexity of life, nor the universe evidence of a supernatural being, but I can respect the opinion of those who do.

You've answered my questions honestly and directly (as near as I can tell). The complexity argument does not have any spiritual impact to me, thus it does not change my atheism.

As a side note, there is a post somewhere above this one where you claim that atheists will die poorly, and in fear. I can assure you I will not go out that way.

AGAIN!!! BELIEVING OR NOT BELIEVING IS A CHOICE=THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT CHOICE YOU WILL EVER MAKE, AND satan and his demons will use anything they can to keep you from making THE CHOICE TO BELIEVE!!! BUT ITS STILL ALL YOUR CHOICE!

AGAIN!!! BELIEVING OR NOT BELIEVING IS A CHOICE=THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT CHOICE YOU WILL EVER MAKE, AND satan and his demons will use anything they can to keep you from making THE CHOICE TO BELIEVE!!! BUT ITS STILL ALL YOUR CHOICE!

I simply feel no spiritual calling at all, and I can't believe that it's wise to pretend belief. If there is a God, I'd guess that being would see through such a farce.

Perhaps in my time remaining something will inspire me in a different direction, but I refuse to simply claim belief when there is nothing I feel or any logic that points me in that direction.

thanks again for the quick response.

I do not see complexity of life, nor the universe evidence of a supernatural being, but i can respect the opinion of those who do.

You've answered my questions honestly and directly (as near as i can tell). The complexity argument does not have any spiritual impact to me, thus it does not change my atheism.

As a side note, there is a post somewhere above this one where you claim that atheists will die poorly, and in fear. I can assure you i will not go out that way.

again!!! Believing or not believing is a choice=the very most important choice you will ever make, and satan and his demons will use anything they can to keep you from making the choice to believe!!! But its still all your choice!

i simply feel no spiritual calling at all, and i can't believe that it's wise to pretend belief. If there is a god, i'd guess that being would see through such a farce.

Perhaps in my time remaining something will inspire me in a different direction, but i refuse to simply claim belief when there is nothing i feel or any logic that points me in that direction.

you are not understanding,you chose to drive your car because you chose to believe you won't be killed in a crash even though you see in the newspaper about the people in your city that crashed and were killed. You chose to believe,believing or not believing is a choice!! Why not believe???

I simply feel no spiritual calling at all, and I can't believe that it's wise to pretend belief. If there is a God, I'd guess that being would see through such a farce.

Perhaps in my time remaining something will inspire me in a different direction, but I refuse to simply claim belief when there is nothing I feel or any logic that points me in that direction.

Hi CTSV, I would like an opportunity to talk to you. When I read your posts tonight I could feel your sincerity and it touched my heart. This song is one that speaks of how Gods love moves. What you need is an encounter with God's great love for you. I believe He is going to grant you the desires of your heart.

REMOVED VIDEO SONG

I apologise, CTSV, but the Holy Spirit has told me the song I posted for you is not acceptable because the words should be Your Love is like a river flowing THROUGH my heart. NOT FROM! Gods love does not come "from" human hearts but from His Own which is infinite, unlimited, beyond what any human heart can produce. I do not know why the authors of the song did not use the word "through" but truly that is between them and God. I shall find you another song that will minister the love of God to you today.

Last edited:
I'm about 50 (in July), I've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood I'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, I've done pretty much everything I want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

I am sorry to hear of your battle with cancer, CTSV. When people came to Jesus or brought their sick loved ones to Him he said, Only believe. One man said to him, Lord! I believe! Help my unbelief! It is not unusual to find someone struggle with unbelief. It isn't a problem. It is a spirit. It's called a spirit of unbelief. Spirits are demons and they are also referred to in the bible as serpents and scorpions. The good news is that believers have power over serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. It is written in Luke 10:19 and again in Luke 10:20 it says that the spirits are subject unto the Believer but that we should not rejoice over that but rather that our names are written in the Lambs Book of Life.

First, I bind Satan in his operations against you and command him to cease and desist right now in Jesus name. I bind the spirit of unbelief operating in you right now and hold the Blood of Jesus Christ against that spirit of unbelief, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Let's talk about unbelief and how it can get into a believers life. It comes from a root of bitterness. Sometimes we come into contact with people who have a root of bitterness and it defiles others - even creating unbelief in our hearts which is why Proverbs declared Guard your heart with all diligence for out of flow the issues of life. Other times the root of bitterness is a personal matter and it comes when we get deeply hurt and we do not realize it is Satan who has sent the offense as a stumbling block. Why? Because it gives a foothold to Satan to come against our minds and hearts and it even gives him legal grounds to afflict our bodies with sickness & death. if a root of bitterness takes hold? It has to be destroyed through prayer because it has to be taken up from the root.

Do you understand? What are your thoughts about this? Do you remember when you first decided you did not believe any longer?

Last edited:
I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Am I wrong sure why not? am I right? who knows.....

OH!!! YES!! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A UNBELIEVER DIE?? ALL THE CRYING,SCREAMING, CURSING,THEY FEAR THAT THEIR CHOICE TO NOT BELIEVE MAY BE WRONG AND THEY WILL FACE JUDGMENT AND ETERNAL HELL. WE ALL KNOW HELL IS WHAT WE ALL DESERVE!!! and you??? but when a believer dies, many if not most die with a smile knowing they are about to really live,meet GOD family and friends,joy and eternal happyness in a new imortal body!!!

I'm 75 years old and I have seen more than a few people die.

I have witnessed those who claimed to be believers die in fear (one woman ran screaming from her hospital bed and went out into the street where she collapsed and died). I have also seen those who were not believers (in the sense they were not Christians) die calmly and peacefully.

I cannot conceive how anyone who genuinely believes in eternal life could possibly be afraid of death; therefore, those who claim to be Christians and fear death in any way are the worst of all hypocrites.

I am also aware there are those who do not share your Christian faith but still believe in life after death. They may not be Christians, but of course they have no fear. Further, there are those who have no expectations of life after death but face death with confidence and serenity.

When you try to speak for all people you will sometimes, perhaps often, be mistaken.

I do not believe as you do and do not fear death. I look forward to it as the next part of my journey.

Last edited:
I do not believe as you do and do not fear death. I look forward to it as the next part of my journey.

LOL!!! YOU HAD BETTER KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!! AND LIARS GO TO A VERY HOT PLACE!!!and you???

again!!! Believing or not believing is a choice=the very most important choice you will ever make, and satan and his demons will use anything they can to keep you from making the choice to believe!!! But its still all your choice!

i simply feel no spiritual calling at all, and i can't believe that it's wise to pretend belief. If there is a god, i'd guess that being would see through such a farce.

Perhaps in my time remaining something will inspire me in a different direction, but i refuse to simply claim belief when there is nothing i feel or any logic that points me in that direction.

you are not understanding,you chose to drive your car because you chose to believe you won't be killed in a crash even though you see in the newspaper about the people in your city that crashed and were killed. You chose to believe,believing or not believing is a choice!! Why not believe???

No...I choose to drive my car because 50 years of experience riding and driving tells me this is a rational and safe thing to do.

I read about accidents (occasionally) but have never personally experienced one (in 50 years). I'm not choosing to believe here, I have ample evidence convinces me that this process is reasonable.

Here is a song that will break the yoke of bondage because the anointing is on it, CTVS. This one's for you. Be blessed.

[ame=http://youtu.be/qO2JPnxPmFg]FOR EVERY MOUNTAIN ( BROOKLYN TABERNACLE CHOIR) - YouTube[/ame]

And now, dear brothers, I want you to know what happens to a Christian when he dies so that when it happens, you will not be full of sorrow, as those are who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and then came back to life again, we can also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him all the Christians who have died.

15 I can tell you this directly from the Lord: that we who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a mighty shout and with the soul-stirring cry of the archangel and the great trumpet-call of God. And the believers who are dead will be the first to rise to meet the Lord. 17 Then we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. 18 So comfort and encourage each other with this news.
1 THESSALOMIANS 4:13-18

And now, dear brothers, I want you to know what happens to a Christian when he dies so that when it happens, you will not be full of sorrow, as those are who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and then came back to life again, we can also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him all the Christians who have died.

15 I can tell you this directly from the Lord: that we who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a mighty shout and with the soul-stirring cry of the archangel and the great trumpet-call of God. And the believers who are dead will be the first to rise to meet the Lord. 17 Then we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. 18 So comfort and encourage each other with this news.
1 THESSALOMIANS 4:13-18

God plays the trumpet ???

Who knew ???

:lol:

I played the trumpet in grade school. I was good enough to be invited to the Seattle Junior Symphony. I was only second chair though. A MAJOR disappointment. I thought I was better than the goof that was awarded first chair. I was also invited to the All City Junior Marching Band. .That other guy wasn't even invited. I was first trumpet in the marching band.

If god had been invited to either band he would have had to be pretty good to beat me out.

and now, dear brothers, i want you to know what happens to a christian when he dies so that when it happens, you will not be full of sorrow, as those are who have no hope. 14 for since we believe that jesus died and then came back to life again, we can also believe that when jesus returns, god will bring back with him all the christians who have died.

15 i can tell you this directly from the lord: That we who are still living when the lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. 16 for the lord himself will come down from heaven with a mighty shout and with the soul-stirring cry of the archangel and the great trumpet-call of god. And the believers who are dead will be the first to rise to meet the lord. 17 then we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air and remain with him forever. 18 so comfort and encourage each other with this news.
1 thessalomians 4:13-18

god plays the trumpet ???

Who knew ???

:lol:

I played the trumpet in grade school. I was good enough to be invited to the seattle junior symphony. I was only second chair though. A major disappointment. I thought i was better than the goof that was awarded first chair. I was also invited to the all city junior marching band. .that other guy wasn't even invited. I was first trumpet in the marching band.

If god had been invited to either band he would have had to be pretty good to beat me out.

so you will be left behind??? Your choice!!!

Forum List

Back