Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?

I do not believe as you do and do not fear death. I look forward to it as the next part of my journey.

LOL!!! YOU HAD BETTER KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!! AND LIARS GO TO A VERY HOT PLACE!!!and you???

A very hot place? I choose Bermuda in the summertime. :eusa_pray:

Otherwise, I go where the "Spirit" takes me.

YES!!! MANY POOR LOST,BLINDED,GOD REJECTORS WILL HEAR THESE VERY,VERY,VERY SAD WORDS ON THEIR FINAL JUDGMENT DAY," DEPART FROM ME,I NEVER KNEW YOU,INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE,WHICH IS THE ONLY PLACE FOR ALL EVIL FOR ETERNITY, and you??

I'm about 50 (in July), I've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood I'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, I've done pretty much everything I want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

I am sorry to hear of your battle with cancer, CTSV. When people came to Jesus or brought their sick loved ones to Him he said, Only believe. One man said to him, Lord! I believe! Help my unbelief! It is not unusual to find someone struggle with unbelief. It isn't a problem. It is a spirit. It's called a spirit of unbelief. Spirits are demons and they are also referred to in the bible as serpents and scorpions. The good news is that believers have power over serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. It is written in Luke 10:19 and again in Luke 10:20 it says that the spirits are subject unto the Believer but that we should not rejoice over that but rather that our names are written in the Lambs Book of Life.

First, I bind Satan in his operations against you and command him to cease and desist right now in Jesus name. I bind the spirit of unbelief operating in you right now and hold the Blood of Jesus Christ against that spirit of unbelief, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Let's talk about unbelief and how it can get into a believers life. It comes from a root of bitterness. Sometimes we come into contact with people who have a root of bitterness and it defiles others - even creating unbelief in our hearts which is why Proverbs declared Guard your heart with all diligence for out of flow the issues of life. Other times the root of bitterness is a personal matter and it comes when we get deeply hurt and we do not realize it is Satan who has sent the offense as a stumbling block. Why? Because it gives a foothold to Satan to come against our minds and hearts and it even gives him legal grounds to afflict our bodies with sickness & death. if a root of bitterness takes hold? It has to be destroyed through prayer because it has to be taken up from the root.

Do you understand? What are your thoughts about this? Do you remember when you first decided you did not believe any longer?

I was a mildly spiritual person until about age 40 ish

About that time I became agnostic

In my later 40's I became atheistic

I don't perceive myself as a person with bitterness in his heart. I percieve myself as a person who basis his decisions on logic, and who develops new positions over time...primarily related to gaining wisdom through age.

As an example in my 20's and 30's I used to drink relatively modestly...I really don't drink at all anymore because there is zero upside.

My folks got divorced when I was 12...so you can make of that what you wish

I have personal pride in my accomplishments as a man
- college graduate
- MBA
- Rapid advancement in a very large corporation
- I did not hold back in my 20's from a headonistic lifestyle, but have no concerns about that now.
- Been married to my wife for 20 years, never cheated
- Have three great boys, all unique, with their own (still developing) personalities
- My own father and mother are proud of my life and accomplishments

So from my perspective at least there is no deep seated cause for this lack of spirituality, just life and experience.

BELIEVING IN GOD IS A CHOICE!!! God has given us much evidence that He exists, yet there are many in the world today who choose not to accept the evidence. I have never doubted God's existence. Many say that since He cannot be seen we cannot really know if He is there. I know He not only exists but that He is an ever-loving, ever-present Being that involves Himself in the affairs of mankind.
Belief in God requires an understanding of His nature and His character. We often attempt to understand Him as we would understanding another human. However, He is a spiritual Being, One who is holy, immortal and eternal. His character and His nature are holy. He exists as three co-eternal Persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We as humans, on the other hand, have sinful, fallen natures. We are mortal beings, subject to death and therefore limited in our ability to ever completely understand His omnipotent, omniscient nature. Because of this, we seek to place God on our level instead of accepting that His ways and His thoughts are spiritual and divine and far above our own. Isaiah 55:8, 9 says, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

So then, you might ask, how can one know God and know that He exists? We must know Him through faith. God desires us to have a faith relationship with Him and has given each of us a level or measure of faith to enable us to better understand spiritual matters. He guides and teaches us so that we are properly led into the truth of His existence and His love for mankind. To prove there is a God without referencing His word, the Bible, would prove challenging to those who do not believe in Him. However, the Bible does tell us, "We must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6).

There are many ways in which the Lord has demonstrated to me that He exists. Although time would not permit me to cite specific examples, here are but a few of the many ways He affects our lives each day. God is everything we need for Him to be, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end (Rev. 22:13).

LOL!!! YOU HAD BETTER KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!! AND LIARS GO TO A VERY HOT PLACE!!!and you???

YES!!! MANY POOR LOST,BLINDED,GOD REJECTORS WILL HEAR THESE VERY,VERY,VERY SAD WORDS ON THEIR FINAL JUDGMENT DAY," DEPART FROM ME,I NEVER KNEW YOU,INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE,WHICH IS THE ONLY PLACE FOR ALL EVIL FOR ETERNITY, and you??

I did not say I rejected God, I reject the zealot and his ways. I said, "I do not believe as you do". I am faithful to my God and not a slave needing to beat people over the head forcing them to hear his Word.

I did not say I rejected God, I reject the zealot and his ways. I said, "I do not believe as you do". I am faithful to my God and not a slave needing to beat people over the head forcing them to hear his Word.

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD AND GOD'S WORD THEN YOU WOULD WANT TO OBEY GOD,JESUS SENDS HIS FOLLOWERS OUT TO ALL THE WORLD WITH HIS GOSPEL(GOOD NEWS) and you??

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD AND GOD'S WORD THEN YOU WOULD WANT TO OBEY GOD,JESUS SENDS HIS FOLLOWERS OUT TO ALL THE WORLD WITH HIS GOSPEL(GOOD NEWS) and you??

I do through my acts and deeds, not on a message board acting like a zealot and screaming like a lunatic.

i did not say i rejected god, i reject the zealot and his ways. I said, "i do not believe as you do". I am faithful to my god and not a slave needing to beat people over the head forcing them to hear his word.

if you really believe in god and god's word then you would want to obey god,jesus sends his followers out to all the world with his gospel(good news) and you??

i do through my acts and deeds, not on a message board acting like a zealot and screaming like a lunatic.

no!!! Imho you are trying to fool yourself and live in your dream world!!!

I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Am I wrong sure why not? am I right? who knows.....

:clap2: Excellent!

The odds of you being right are EXACTLY the same as the odds of Abraham, Paul/Saul and/or Mohammad being right.

The definitions of 'unprovable', 'belief' and 'faith' are also exact: One Monkey \ One Opinion.

`

I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Am I wrong sure why not? am I right? who knows.....

OH!!! YES!! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A UNBELIEVER DIE?? ALL THE CRYING,SCREAMING, CURSING,THEY FEAR THAT THEIR CHOICE TO NOT BELIEVE MAY BE WRONG AND THEY WILL FACE JUDGMENT AND ETERNAL HELL. WE ALL KNOW HELL IS WHAT WE ALL DESERVE!!! and you??? but when a believer dies, many if not most die with a smile knowing they are about to really live,meet GOD family and friends,joy and eternal happyness in a new imortal body!!!
:rolleyes:

Riiiiiiiight. And you've got experiential knowledge with names, dates and details?

Perhaps a LINK to some video and information on this widespread phenomena could be provided? :doubt:

It's not like Christians are lining up for suicide missions...

:dunno: How DO the life & health insurance companies remain solvent with so many Americans trusting God to first provide and then to punch their ticket when God wants it punched?

`

believing is a choice!! Make the wise choice!!!! Think!!!

i've never had the experience of a supernatural being making himself known to me in any way...thus any "belief" would be false.

How did you come to believe...have you had some personal experience that convinced you there was a god?

By the way thanks for the quick response...i enjoy these kinds of discussions!

I am happy to answer your question. I look at the universe and all life and I see a design,a plan,intelligence that could not be just an accident of time and chance and i know God must be real. If you have made the choice to not believe then you doom yourdelf, ""if"" if you would like to believe then say to God," God if you are real then I ask you to reveile truth to me,help me know if you are real". God will answer that prayer 100% of the time. Then read God's word,start in the book of matthew,then read Romans,Ephesians,Galations, that will give you a good base then read it all and expect God to talk to you through his word!!! He will!!! 100% for sure. But if you are really making the choice to not believe no matter what,then you can expect nothing!!! Your choice.

This I can appreciate! I myself don't see the same thing, but I can appreciate the reasons for your beliefs.

My follow up question: "Why The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?"

Out of all the Monkeys who'll ever look at the Stars in wonder, what makes you think that God singled out Abraham for a unique relationship?
:dunno:

GISMYS and his ALL CAPS

gsNittH.jpg

i'm about 50 (in july), i've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood i'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, i've done pretty much everything i want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

i've known a lot of atheists but none who feared death. It's the "christians" who are so afraid of living and dying they had to make up an imaginary invisible magic fairy to lean on.

I wish you well and don't listen gismo's insane blatherings. He's just about as sick a christian as i've had the misfortune to come across just do what i do - don't read his posts.

Sent from my ipad using usmessageboard.com

you live under a rock????? Do some research on how unbelievers face death and then how real believers face death with a smile, most say i am going home and i am ready ptl.

Speaking of rock...

A link to support your implications that most Christians die quietly and most non Christians are dragged kicking and screaming to Hell when their time comes would rock.

but we all are sons and daughters of GOD.... why yelled it like that? like if saying it louder it will make it truer....

WRONG!!! VERY WRONG!!! JESUS SAYS THOSE THAT REJECT GOD AND GOD'S LOVE ARE CHILDREN OF satan!!!

What makes JESUS special? Some dusty old Arab stories SAY he's special? What makes THOSE stories special? Why aren't ALL of the stories about The God of Abraham special? Why is The Koran the most popular of the ancient stories in the land where they were inspired and written?

There are a LOT of reasons to question the ancient stories and their contradictory, compulsory and whacky promises of a life after the one we KNOW we get.

To paraphrase quote a prolific poster in this thread, "THINK, MAN!!!"

again!!! Believing or not believing is a choice=the very most important choice you will ever make, and satan and his demons will use anything they can to keep you from making the choice to believe!!! But its still all your choice!

i simply feel no spiritual calling at all, and i can't believe that it's wise to pretend belief. If there is a god, i'd guess that being would see through such a farce.

Perhaps in my time remaining something will inspire me in a different direction, but i refuse to simply claim belief when there is nothing i feel or any logic that points me in that direction.

you are not understanding,you chose to drive your car because you chose to believe you won't be killed in a crash even though you see in the newspaper about the people in your city that crashed and were killed. You chose to believe,believing or not believing is a choice!! Why not believe???

Do you think your God would want 'believers' :wink_2: who're just giving lip service to hedge their bets?

I'm about 50 (in July), I've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood I'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, I've done pretty much everything I want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I am sorry to hear of your battle with cancer, CTSV. When people came to Jesus or brought their sick loved ones to Him he said, Only believe. One man said to him, Lord! I believe! Help my unbelief! It is not unusual to find someone struggle with unbelief. It isn't a problem. It is a spirit. It's called a spirit of unbelief. Spirits are demons and they are also referred to in the bible as serpents and scorpions. The good news is that believers have power over serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. It is written in Luke 10:19 and again in Luke 10:20 it says that the spirits are subject unto the Believer but that we should not rejoice over that but rather that our names are written in the Lambs Book of Life.

First, I bind Satan in his operations against you and command him to cease and desist right now in Jesus name. I bind the spirit of unbelief operating in you right now and hold the Blood of Jesus Christ against that spirit of unbelief, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Let's talk about unbelief and how it can get into a believers life. It comes from a root of bitterness. Sometimes we come into contact with people who have a root of bitterness and it defiles others - even creating unbelief in our hearts which is why Proverbs declared Guard your heart with all diligence for out of flow the issues of life. Other times the root of bitterness is a personal matter and it comes when we get deeply hurt and we do not realize it is Satan who has sent the offense as a stumbling block. Why? Because it gives a foothold to Satan to come against our minds and hearts and it even gives him legal grounds to afflict our bodies with sickness & death. if a root of bitterness takes hold? It has to be destroyed through prayer because it has to be taken up from the root.

Do you understand? What are your thoughts about this? Do you remember when you first decided you did not believe any longer?

I was a mildly spiritual person until about age 40 ish

About that time I became agnostic

In my later 40's I became atheistic

I don't perceive myself as a person with bitterness in his heart. I percieve myself as a person who basis his decisions on logic, and who develops new positions over time...primarily related to gaining wisdom through age.

As an example in my 20's and 30's I used to drink relatively modestly...I really don't drink at all anymore because there is zero upside.

My folks got divorced when I was 12...so you can make of that what you wish

I have personal pride in my accomplishments as a man
- college graduate
- MBA
- Rapid advancement in a very large corporation
- I did not hold back in my 20's from a headonistic lifestyle, but have no concerns about that now.
- Been married to my wife for 20 years, never cheated
- Have three great boys, all unique, with their own (still developing) personalities
- My own father and mother are proud of my life and accomplishments

So from my perspective at least there is no deep seated cause for this lack of spirituality, just life and experience.

Step one to becoming a Christian is the same as step one to becoming a Muslim - Close your mind to all other possibilities. :eusa_hand:
:thup: It is impossible to think your way in to either Heaven or Paradise.​

BELIEVING IN GOD IS A CHOICE!!!

You keep saying that, yet you ignore my right to choose.

Do you disbelieve my stated choices, or disrespect them?

YES!! YOU MUST CHOSE,BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW=That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Forum List

Back