Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?

I'm about 50 (in July), I've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood I'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, I've done pretty much everything I want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

God says atheists are fools!!! AND YOUR POST PROVES GOD RIGHT!!! THIS little ,short life is less than a drop of water in the oceans of eternity and your eternity starts the split second after you die= WITH GOD SAVED FAMILY AND FRIENDS OR IN THE FLAMES OF HELL!!! YOU GET TO CHOSE NOW!!!! CHOSE WISELY!!!

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood I'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, I've done pretty much everything I want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

God says atheists are fools!!! AND YOUR POST PROVES GOD RIGHT!!! THIS little ,short life is less than a drop of water in the oceans of eternity and your eternity starts the split second after you die= WITH GOD SAVED FAMILY AND FRIENDS OR IN THE FLAMES OF HELL!!! YOU GET TO CHOSE NOW!!!! CHOSE WISELY!!!

Your OP said that unbelievers live in fear of death....that is demonstrably wrong since I'm an atheist (with a short life remaining) and I don't fear death.

Next you claim that makes me a fool...but I ask you, I don't believe, would you have me fake belief?....what purpose would that dishonesty serve?

Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?==BELIEVERS can say==For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying—well, that’s better yet! 22 But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! 23 Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! 24 But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!

25 Yes, I am still needed down here, and so I feel certain I will be staying on earth a little longer, to help you grow and become happy in your faith; 26 my staying will make you glad and give you reason to glorify Christ Jesus for keeping me safe when I return to visit you again.

27 But whatever happens to me, remember always to live as Christians should, so that whether I ever see you again or not, I will keep on hearing good reports that you are standing side by side with one strong purpose—to tell the Good News 28 fearlessly, no matter what your enemies may do. They will see this as a sign of their downfall, but for you it will be a clear sign from God that he is with you, and that he has given you eternal life with him.
Philippians 1:21-28

Fear of dying is why religion was invented. People who don't believe in god aren't afraid of dying. The way we figure it, we didn't cry about the billions of years before we were born and we won't cry one bit after we are gone because WE'LL BE GONE stupid!

Do you remember what it was like when you were a sperm swimming around in your daddy's balls?

Your OP said that unbelievers live in fear of death....that is demonstrably wrong since I'm an atheist (with a short life remaining) and I don't fear death.

Next you claim that makes me a fool...but I ask you, I don't believe, would you have me fake belief?....what purpose would that dishonesty serve?

Exactly. But her asshole god will make you burn in hell for eternity if you don't believe what Gismys or her pedophile preacher tells you is true, regardless of how little proof they can give you.

This is why its silly. They ask you to have faith in something a smart person just can't believe. The only ones who buy into it are the gullible or the scared. I am neither so like you said, I can't fake it. I've heard what Gismys has to say and I call BULLSHIT!

Sorry to hear about that. Hey, you don't have an expiration date on you. The doctors have been wrong before. Keep trying/hoping.

Exactly. But her asshole god will make you burn in hell for eternity if you don't believe what Gismys or her pedophile preacher tells you is true, regardless of how little proof they can give you.

This is why its silly. They ask you to have faith in something a smart person just can't believe. The only ones who buy into it are the gullible or the scared. I am neither so like you said, I can't fake it. I've heard what Gismys has to say and I call BULLSHIT!

WHY DO YOU ALLOW SATAN TO USE YOU AS HIS TOOL,FOOL,PUPPET??? Count the cost!!! HELL WAS CREATED FOR satan and demons but you are free to reject GOD'S love and go there!!! but why???

i consider death to be an eternal void...kind of like watching my x-wife's 12 year old daughter's piano recital.

dream on!!! What you think changes no truth!!! Believe god's word!!

gismys

i'd ask you directly for an answer to this question.

If i don't believe, what purpose would pretending to believe offer?

Please be specific.

believing is a choice!! Make the wise choice!!!! Think!!!

I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Am I wrong sure why not? am I right? who knows.....

I don't think unbelievers live in fear of death because for them death is the end.... like going to sleep with no dreams or nightmares...total blank.

They are wrong,of course, because when we die is when we really wake up..... how do I know? I don't LOL.....I only feel it in my heart it is that way. :)

Am I wrong sure why not? am I right? who knows.....

OH!!! YES!! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A UNBELIEVER DIE?? ALL THE CRYING,SCREAMING, CURSING,THEY FEAR THAT THEIR CHOICE TO NOT BELIEVE MAY BE WRONG AND THEY WILL FACE JUDGMENT AND ETERNAL HELL. WE ALL KNOW HELL IS WHAT WE ALL DESERVE!!! and you??? but when a believer dies, many if not most die with a smile knowing they are about to really live,meet GOD family and friends,joy and eternal happyness in a new imortal body!!!

gismys

Please be specific.

I've never had the experience of a supernatural being making himself known to me in any way...thus any "belief" would be false.

How did you come to believe...have you had some personal experience that convinced you there was a God?

By the way thanks for the quick response...I enjoy these kinds of discussions!

gismys

Please be specific.

i've never had the experience of a supernatural being making himself known to me in any way...thus any "belief" would be false.

How did you come to believe...have you had some personal experience that convinced you there was a god?

By the way thanks for the quick response...i enjoy these kinds of discussions!

I am happy to answer your question. I look at the universe and all life and I see a design,a plan,intelligence that could not be just an accident of time and chance and i know God must be real. If you have made the choice to not believe then you doom yourdelf, ""if"" if you would like to believe then say to God," God if you are real then I ask you to reveile truth to me,help me know if you are real". God will answer that prayer 100% of the time. Then read God's word,start in the book of matthew,then read Romans,Ephesians,Galations, that will give you a good base then read it all and expect God to talk to you through his word!!! He will!!! 100% for sure. But if you are really making the choice to not believe no matter what,then you can expect nothing!!! Your choice.

Last edited:

gismys

Please be specific.

I do beleive in something for another world....but like somebody once said .... do not be too set on what it is, and then you won't start out that life with a disappointment :D

gismys

Please be specific.

I do beleive in something for another world....but like somebody once said .... do not be too set on what it is, and then you won't start out that life with a disappointment :D

AGAIN!!! I TELL YOU BEWARE!!! YOU will make the choice to believe GOD'S WORD or you WILL believe satan lies!!! your choice!

I respect your fervor GISMYS.

I can not get whipped up so easily about religion myself,sorry.

About Spirituality yes, about religion no.

I've known a lot of atheists but none who feared death. It's the "Christians" who are so afraid of living and dying they had to make up an imaginary invisible magic fairy to lean on.

I wish you well and don't listen gismo's insane blatherings. He's just about as sick a christian as I've had the misfortune to come across just do what I do - don't read his posts.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I respect your fervor GISMYS.

I can not get whipped up so easily about religion myself,sorry.

About Spirituality yes, about religion no.

Forget "religion" WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS KNOWING ALMIGHTY GOD. GOD OFFERS YOU THE HONOR OF BEING IN HIS ETERNAL FAMILY AND MY LIFE IS PROOF THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LIVING LIFE AS A son OF ALMIGHTY GOD!!!

Forum List

Back