Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?

The ultimate in unprovable subjects and therefore a Religious discussion.

Looking forward to the after-life as described in the ancient stories that tell the tale of Abraham's God, eh?

I can dig it. I once believed.

I just find life a bit bigger than the last 6,000 years these days.

If I was a betting man I'd bet on going to sleep and never waking up - Software wholly dependent on Hardware for existence; but there's nothing more I can bet than the enjoyment of the existence that I KNOW I get.

`

You are very wrong,you bet your eternity and you have already lost,your only hope is to confess and repent now and accept JESUS as your Lord and Savior.

Define 'wrong', Bro'! :eusa_eh:

It boils down to your opinion and my opinion and NOTHING more. There's no such thing as 'wrong' in a religious discussion. God and what lay beyond the grave are completely, utterly and thoroughly unprovable.

Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) that we live in 21st Century America where differences of opinion are common and no big deal!
:beer:

the ultimate in unprovable subjects and therefore a religious discussion.

Looking forward to the after-life as described in the ancient stories that tell the tale of abraham's god, eh?

I can dig it. I once believed.

I just find life a bit bigger than the last 6,000 years these days.

If i was a betting man i'd bet on going to sleep and never waking up - software wholly dependent on hardware for existence; but there's nothing more i can bet than the enjoyment of the existence that i know i get.

`

you are very wrong,you bet your eternity and you have already lost,your only hope is to confess and repent now and accept jesus as your lord and savior.

define 'wrong', bro'! :eusa_eh:

It boils down to your opinion and my opinion and nothing more. There's no such thing as 'wrong' in a religious discussion. God and what lay beyond the grave are completely, utterly and thoroughly unprovable.

Thank (insert your preferred deity here) that we live in 21st century america where differences of opinion are common and no big deal!

bottomline= god and god's word are liars or you are a fool!!! Duh????

GOOD!!! Because death will come and if you chose to die as a sin loving, God's love rejecting unbeliever you will face an eternity in hell!!

:rolleyes:

According to WHO?!? The men who teach the words penned so long ago in the Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?

I have to smile... remembering myself back in my Bible Thumpin' days...

You do whatever you need to help you sleep at night, Brother! I'll do the same.

:beer: ( Insert your preferred Deity here ) Bless 21st Century America!​

Why allow satan to blind you?? GET INTO THE WORD OF GOD and seek truth,as GOD for His help. God will answer that prayer 100%

Why allow the one life that you know of to slip through your fingers while you focus on ancient stories about the personal God of just another swinging dick on the Timeline named Abraham? Why don't you seek the living God of the living dick currently swinging on The Timeline named GISMYS?

Why is interesting... Answer me and I'll answer you.

GISMYS lives in fear of Cognitive Ability and Free Will.

BEWARE!!! LEST THIS BE YOU!!!====There is no use trying to bring you back to the Lord again if you have once understood the Good News and tasted for yourself the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and know how good the Word of God is, and felt the mighty powers of the world to come, 6 and then have turned against God. You cannot bring yourself to repent again if you have nailed the Son of God to the cross again by rejecting him, holding him up to mocking and to public shame.HEBREWS 6:45

you are very wrong,you bet your eternity and you have already lost,your only hope is to confess and repent now and accept jesus as your lord and savior.

define 'wrong', bro'! :eusa_eh:

It boils down to your opinion and my opinion and nothing more. There's no such thing as 'wrong' in a religious discussion. God and what lay beyond the grave are completely, utterly and thoroughly unprovable.

Thank (insert your preferred deity here) that we live in 21st century america where differences of opinion are common and no big deal!

bottomline= god and god's word are liars or you are a fool!!! Duh????

That opinion and $4 will get you a beverage at Starbuck$.
* yawn *​

BEWARE!!! LEST THIS BE YOU!!!====There is no use trying to bring you back to the Lord again if you have once understood the Good News and tasted for yourself the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and know how good the Word of God is, and felt the mighty powers of the world to come, 6 and then have turned against God. You cannot bring yourself to repent again if you have nailed the Son of God to the cross again by rejecting him, holding him up to mocking and to public shame.HEBREWS 6:45

You ain't kidding there, Bud.

Ass-U-Me-ing Abraham WAS a special little Monkey on The Timeline, and the apple of God's eye; and ass-U-Me-ing that the ancient stories, especially The New Testament, are indeed "Inspired", there's a VERY special place awaiting me in Abraham's version of Hell. The story of Jesus is one I know well.

* yawn *​

You ain't kidding there, Bud.

Ass-U-Me-ing Abraham WAS a special little Monkey on The Timeline, and the apple of God's eye; and ass-U-Me-ing that the ancient stories, especially The New Testament, are indeed "Inspired", there is a VERY special place awaiting me in Abraham's version of Hell.

* yawn *​

YOU CHOSE HELL AND YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME but yourself,why be a fool???

You choose to waste (my opinion) what little Time you've been given on dusty old stories. I find you foolish.
:dunno: Now what?​

GOD knows you well!!!!====Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it?[a] Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. Psalm 53:1

:eusa_eh: Please define 'God'.

Do you mean the God named by Abraham and described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?

Specifics are important in discussions about the unprovable. :thup:

And in other news a man wearing what appeared to be a dress and long hair was shot dead by New York City police when it looked to them that he was attempting to drown another person in the pond in Central Park. The victim seemed confused and made a statement that the man shot was Jesus. Both police officers have been placed on administrative duty while an investigation wether the shooting was justified.

Unbelievers live in fear of death and then their final judgment. and you?==BELIEVERS can say==For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying—well, that’s better yet! 22 But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! 23 Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! 24 But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!

25 Yes, I am still needed down here, and so I feel certain I will be staying on earth a little longer, to help you grow and become happy in your faith; 26 my staying will make you glad and give you reason to glorify Christ Jesus for keeping me safe when I return to visit you again.

27 But whatever happens to me, remember always to live as Christians should, so that whether I ever see you again or not, I will keep on hearing good reports that you are standing side by side with one strong purpose—to tell the Good News 28 fearlessly, no matter what your enemies may do. They will see this as a sign of their downfall, but for you it will be a clear sign from God that he is with you, and that he has given you eternal life with him.
Philippians 1:21-28

Not since my kids were grown. :thup:

And even then it was more practical, than a fear of what lay beyond.

GOOD!!! Because death will come and if you chose to die as a sin loving, God's love rejecting unbeliever you will face an eternity in hell!!

dc140531.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?==BELIEVERS can say==For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying—well, that’s better yet! 22 But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! 23 Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! 24 But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!

25 Yes, I am still needed down here, and so I feel certain I will be staying on earth a little longer, to help you grow and become happy in your faith; 26 my staying will make you glad and give you reason to glorify Christ Jesus for keeping me safe when I return to visit you again.

27 But whatever happens to me, remember always to live as Christians should, so that whether I ever see you again or not, I will keep on hearing good reports that you are standing side by side with one strong purpose—to tell the Good News 28 fearlessly, no matter what your enemies may do. They will see this as a sign of their downfall, but for you it will be a clear sign from God that he is with you, and that he has given you eternal life with him.
Believers= Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ, 6 who, though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, 7 but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. 8 And he humbled himself even further, going so far as actually to die a criminal’s death on a cross.

9 Yet it was because of this that God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name which is above every other name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11

Unbelievers live in fear of death. and you?==BELIEVERS can say==For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying—well, that’s better yet! 22 But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! 23 Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! 24 But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!

No we don't live in fear of death. We live in fear of the crazy people like you that are constantly attempting to get themselves in positions of power so they can force the population to accept your insane religion.

No we don't live in fear of death. We live in fear of the crazy people like you that are constantly attempting to get themselves in positions of power so they can force the population to accept your insane religion.

NO!!! I JUST HATE TO SEE YOU FRY IN HELL JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T THINK AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!= JESUS!!! and you??

I'm about 50 (in July), I've been an atheist for the last 2 or 3 years.

I've also been fighting cancer for the last 6 years, and in all likelihood I'll die in the next one or two years, possibly sooner (these things are hard to judge).

I have no fear of death personally, I've done pretty much everything I want to do in life, with the exception of seeing my 3 boys grow into young men. I've got financial preparations that will carry my family through without much alteration to lifestyle.

I don't understand why you would think an atheist fears death....we believe nothing comes after so why fear it?

Forum List

Back