Unborn Baby at 18 Weeks

Your-Unborn-Baby%E2%80%99s-Development.jpg

I see difference between a 4 week fetus and a 20 week fetus. Do you?

Yeah sure, we saw what conservatives do to the already born. Like separating the little latinos from their parents down at the border. Kicking poor people and kids off of food stamps is another bragging right for the republicans. Quit this pretense about your respect for the sanctity of life.
Obama did that, care to take back your blasphemy of Chicago Jesus?

Obama did not. He only separated kids from adults when the adults were criminals. So far it's the repubs/conservatives that get all excited when they can spread news about the suffering of others. This is winning to you.

Obama did not.

Why do you leftists lie so goddamn much?

obamakids.jpg
obamadeport3.jpg
obamadeport.jpg

If a spermatozoa and egg simply getting together is life then all you masterbaiters are committing murder

Are you implying that the validity of life should be decided by what someone looks like?
I wasn't but if you held a fertilized egg in your hand would you know if it was from a human or a frog? Do a few strands of DNA make it human or does it have to have some of the unique features that differentiate a human from a frog?

Yes. I see a difference between a theory/ideology and a reality.
Two questions.
1. The photo is at 18 weeks. Is it a human?
2. If I destroyed a Spotted Owl egg that was laid just one day ago, would anyone care?

Two questions.
2. If I destroyed a Spotted Owl egg that was laid just one day ago, would anyone care?
You can't tell a human just by looking at a drawing. Just because something looks human and has human DNA I wouldn't necessarily say it was human. IMHO, to be human requires doing things a only a human can do: think. If that 18-week fetus can think, then yes it is human. If the brain is not yet developed then no, it is not a human.

Let me ask you a question. If a person is in a coma and their brain shows no higher-level activity, should the family be allowed to take that person off life support knowing he/she/it will die?

Two questions.
You can't tell a human just by looking at a drawing. Just because something looks human and has human DNA I wouldn't necessarily say it was human. IMHO, to be human requires doing things a only a human can do: think. If that 18-week fetus can think, then yes it is human. If the brain is not yet developed then no, it is not a human.

Let me ask you a question. If a person is in a coma and their brain shows no higher-level activity, should the family be allowed to take that person off life support knowing he/she/it will die?
OP is a photograph. Now answer the two questions.

Two questions.

1. maybe
  2. yes

Two questions.

1. maybe
  2. yes
OK, maybe.
Now isn’t it better to error on the side of life on the issue of killing it then?

It’s pretty sad we give animals more rights to life than humans.

Now isn’t it better to error on the side of life on the issue of killing it then?
You might not think that if it was your life that was going to be changed forever. Why don't we error on the side of the mother and trust her maternal instincts?

It would if it were true. I can kill and eat a cow. Doing that to another adult human is frowned upon.

You might not think that if it was your life that was going to be changed forever. Why don't we error on the side of the mother and trust her maternal instincts?

It would if it were true. I can kill and eat a cow. Doing that to another adult human is frowned upon.
8 months of being bothered verses a human life with 75 years to go? You serious?

At what point do you think a fetus/child can "think?" How would you measure/determine that?

I think a detectable heartbeat would be a more precise measure of human development.

P.S. Your comparison to an already dying person in a coma is not apropos.

At what point do you think a fetus/child can "think?" How would you measure/determine that?

I think a detectable heartbeat would be a more precise measure of human development.

P.S. Your comparison to an already dying person in a coma is not apropos.
It is our brains that make us humans unique. I'd turn to science to measure/determine 'thinking'. Every animal has a heart so that won't tell us anything.

Please explain how a fetus before brain development is different from a person in a coma.

Are you implying that the validity of life should be decided by what someone looks like?
I wasn't but if you held a fertilized egg in your hand would you know if it was from a human or a frog? Do a few strands of DNA make it human or does it have to have some of the unique features that differentiate a human from a frog?

Dude... what? It's DNA registers as human the moment it is conceived.

Forum List

Back