Unbridled Bigotry Toward Things Southern

The evangelical and fundamentalist heresies, predominant in the South and in the TPM, threaten the nation.

Losers, we don't want your down home religious heresies and we don't want to go back to the 1950s white America.

The evangelicals and fundamentalists don't want your atheist ass down south either, but they will pray for your soul.

Lots of BLACK fundamentalist and evangelicals down here as well, and it would be a hoot to know what religion has to do with threatening the nation.

Most of my neighbors are from 'up north.' The luv luv luv living here on the lake. But all they do is fight and bicker amongst themselves, and will try to pull you in it if they can. I have as little to do with them as possible. They are hateful, nasty people.

How on earth could you make such an assumption based on one question? I simply want to know if, as you say, the Old Testament was written for the Jews, could we then afford to ignore it as the word of God?

I understand why and how the books of the Old Testament were included in the Bible. What I fail to understand is if indeed your point of it being written for the Jews, should it be relevant in a society like contemporary America.

She isn't fooling anyone.

Bigoted Christians don't hesitate to use the Old Testament to condem gay marriage. They will throw Leviticus at you in a heartbeat.

[MENTION=34052]g5000[/MENTION]

Now, link to everything I have posted about gay marriage.

I did not say you have used Leviticus or the Old Testament, but I can show you others on this forum who have.

The evangelical and fundamentalist heresies, predominant in the South and in the TPM, threaten the nation.

Losers, we don't want your down home religious heresies and we don't want to go back to the 1950s white America.

The evangelicals and fundamentalists don't want your atheist ass down south either, but they will pray for your soul.

Lots of BLACK fundamentalist and evangelicals down here as well, and it would be a hoot to know what religion has to do with threatening the nation.

There is nothing more dangerous than a man who thinks he knows God's will and has the ability to force it on others. I find it bizarre you cannot see the threat in a world where people have been jailed just for being gay, or for marrying a white woman, or eating at a Whites Only lunch counter.

Intolerant religion threatens the nation when it chains itself to government policy or to a party. Perhaps you need to have been on the receiving end to see that.

Any religion also threatens itself when it chains itself to government policy or to a party. When the policy or party sinks, so does the religion with it.

The "Religious Right " is a chained-together political term, and those religious people who muster under that banner are perceived as political instead of religious. This is a very dangerous place to deliberately put the articles of your faith to be perceived by others.

As for black fundamentalists, the Reverend Al Sharpton is universally seen as a political figure first, not as a holy man.

Our founders knew what they were doing when they said we needed to keep the two separate.

Last edited:
I have noticed a vociferous few on this board who display vitriolic bigotry toward anything Southern. The reasons for their disgusting behavior are unknown, but I suspect an unwarranted sense of self-importance or jealousy because the South has originated almost all of this nation's music and most of its literature of merit.

Thomas J. DiLorenzo, a professor of economics at Loyola College in Maryland, has written a thoughtful article exploring some other reasons for onerous displays of bigotry toward the South and Southerners.

Here is a portion of it:

"A CNN travel editor named Chuck Thompson has established himself as a one-man hate group in writing a short book entitled Better Off Without ‘Em: A Northern Manifesto for Southern Secession.” He advertised his book in an October 20 article in Salon entitled “Just Secede Already.” Oh, if only we could.

Hatred of and bigotry toward Southerners is of course nothing new. The New England “Yankees” of the early nineteenth century thought of themselves as God’s chosen people and deplored the immigration into the country of lesser humans from parts of Europe other than their own little section of the British Isles – especially the loathsome Catholic immigrants from Germany, Ireland, and Italy (See Albion’s Seed by David Hackett Fisher).

The early nineteenth-century New England descendants of the Puritans so hated Jefferson’s Louisiana Purchase, and its prospects for accommodating masses of God’s un-chosen people, that they spent a decade plotting secession. This plot culminated in the 1814 Hartford Secession Convention at which the New England Federalists issued severe criticisms of government, but decided that their political and economic fortunes would be best served by undermining the government of the founders from within rather than seceding. Their political descendants (The Whig and Republican parties of that century) succeeded beyond their wildest dreams in creating a centralized, bureaucratic empire that would rival the British and Spanish empires."

Rest of article at:

The Bigot?s Guide to Hating Southerners ? LewRockwell.com

What say you, bigots? Why the unwarranted attacks on the South?

I admit an intolerance of some things Southern. To much salt, to much sugar and too much neo-Confederate, anti-American, rhetoric. On the other hand, having traveled extensively in our country, some of my favorite cities are in the south. Fortunately, not every Southerner is the same as the typical loud-mouthed moron from Texas.

My first meeting with Southern Boys was at NTCSD Boot Camp in 1967. I'd never encountered such a group of dumb, loud, arrogant and bigoted Mama's Boys in my like. There's no crying in baseball, but in Boot Camp when the lights went out homesickness was epidemic among the Texans and Arkansans - it was sadly funny.

Would have been the same if you'd got thrown in with a bunch of dumb, loud, arrogant and bigoted Mama's Boys from da Bronx........and don't insult everyone's intelligence saying they don't exist.

Those Yankees just don't appreciate Southern culture

tumblr_mgcacoEpMX1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Here's a bit of enlightened Yankee culture for you.

[ame=http://youtu.be/VdwSJIbomAw]Caucasian Buffalo, New York resident openly admits racist viewpoints on television news cameras - YouTube[/ame]

Mainstream Americans do not accept evangelical and fundamentalist heresies, son.

You keep using that word. I do not believe it means what you think it means.

But that doesn't stop progressives, does it?

You don't understand it. Americans no longer accept as the cultural demography of white protestant evangelical and cultural heresies. They are having enough issue accepting the traditional, liturgical Christian denominations' impacts on our culture.

Most Americans think your belief patterns are freaky, son, and they associate with the TPM and the reactionary fringe movements.
Nothing but anti-conservative, anti-Christian progressive talking points.

Shit. Why don't you just put a link to TruthOut in your sig and post "VVVV That!!" every time, kid?

You keep using that word. I do not believe it means what you think it means.

But that doesn't stop progressives, does it?

You don't understand it. Americans no longer accept as the cultural demography of white protestant evangelical and cultural heresies. They are having enough issue accepting the traditional, liturgical Christian denominations' impacts on our culture.

Most Americans think your belief patterns are freaky, son, and they associate with the TPM and the reactionary fringe movements.

Shit. Why don't you just put a link to TruthOut in your sig and post "VVVV That!!" every time, kid?

Certainly mainstream Christian and mainstream thinking in America.

You have a right to disagree, although you are wrong.

Watch happens to the evangelical and fundamentalist support reactionary candidates next year.

There is nothing more dangerous than a man who thinks he knows God's will and has the ability to force it on others. I find it bizarre you cannot see the threat in a world where people have been jailed just for being gay, or for marrying a white woman, or eating at a Whites Only lunch counter.

Intolerant religion threatens the nation when it chains itself to government policy or to a party. Perhaps you need to have been on the receiving end to see that.

Any religion also threatens itself when it chains itself to government policy or to a party. When the policy or party sinks, so does the religion with it.

The "Religious Right " is a chained-together political term, and those religious people who muster under that banner are perceived as political instead of religious. This is a very dangerous place to deliberately put the articles of your faith to be perceived by others.

As for black fundamentalists, the Reverend Al Sharpton is universally seen as a political figure first, not as a holy man.

Our founders knew what they were doing when they said we needed to keep the two separate.

I consider Al Sharpton a race baiter and have never heard him mention God or Christ in any of his rants against the white devils. How many political figures are referred to as Reverend?

I feel sorry for anyone who is so intolerant of religion that an offer of eternal life through faith in Christ thinks something is being forced on them. No one can force anyone else to believe. The operative word in my first sentence is offer.

The Religious Right is made up of those that hold a conservative philosophy and support ANY politician that shares those conservative positions. Political party is of no consequence.

Bigots are the intolerant ones in this discussion. If the shoe fits, wear it!

Certainly mainstream Christian and mainstream thinking in America.

You have a right to disagree, although you are wrong.

Watch happens to the evangelical and fundamentalist support reactionary candidates next year.
Progressives aren't mainstream, boy. Nobody's buying your bullshit.

Forum List

Back