Under God

Wrong, group prayer is not allowed in public schools, no matter what religion is involved.

Equally important, the pledge of allegiance is no longer said at the beginning of the school day. Tell me, who is offended by pledging allegiance to his/her country?
Group prayer does happen at schools, as long as it is not coercive on others and does not disrupt the educational process.

Hitler did not take away in prayers, you silly. You have to show that he did, and you can't. He did lower the boom on churches and clergy who opposed the Reich.

You sound familiar: you don't about which you are talking.

how is it coercive if you can opt out? No one was ever forced to take part in a morning prayer or Bible reading in school.

However, if you go to a muslim or catholic school, you will be required to participate. Do you understand the difference?
Except the only reference to slavery in the context you raise is that of equality for all. I thought you lefties loved equality.
1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Negro chattel slavery was defended by many whites as a positive good for the slaves.

The people who believed that were wrong, as were the blacks in Africa who sold other blacks into slavery.

You are very naïve if you think slavery was just a white issue.

Oh brother . The blacks are to blame for slavery !!!

Maybe YOU should find God first before lecturing the rest of us . Phoney ass Christian !

I never said that. Stop the BS. Society as a whole was to blame for slavery. Slavery is going on today in parts of Africa and muslim nations. Why say nothing about that but condemn the USA for what it did 200 years ago?
To the immediate above: we are talking about America, and we don't live in Africa. Capiche?

To your silly "how is it coercive if you can opt out?" One is not required to get up and leave a space if someone wants to pray. The person(s) wanting to pray must find a space that is not coercive and not disruptive.

It IS coersive when the coach of your team is leading the prayer .

No one is stopping kids from praying at school, you just can't force people of different religions to adhere to one ideology of religion..

Wrong, group prayer is not allowed in public schools, no matter what religion is involved.

Equally important, the pledge of allegiance is no longer said at the beginning of the school day. Tell me, who is offended by pledging allegiance to his/her country?
Group prayer does happen at schools, as long as it is not coercive on others and does not disrupt the educational process.

Hitler did not take away in prayers, you silly. You have to show that he did, and you can't. He did lower the boom on churches and clergy who opposed the Reich.

how is it coercive if you can opt out? No one was ever forced to take part in a morning prayer or Bible reading in school.

However, if you go to a muslim or catholic school, you will be required to participate. Do you understand the difference?
Back in the good ole days, when white men were kings and slaves were property.

You thinking of those good old Christian days?
Except the only reference to slavery in the context you raise is that of equality for all. I thought you lefties loved equality.
1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Negro chattel slavery was defended by many whites as a positive good for the slaves.

The people who believed that were wrong, as were the blacks in Africa who sold other blacks into slavery.

You are very naïve if you think slavery was just a white issue.

Oh brother . The blacks are to blame for slavery !!!

Maybe YOU should find God first before lecturing the rest of us . Phoney ass Christian !
Redfish is not a Christian, only an atheist. He likes to pretend only Africans were involved in the slave trade with the Europeans and the Arabs.

do you ever tell the truth about anything, snake?

Yes, blacks, whites, arabs, Europeans, Africans, and Chinese were involved in the slave trade. I never said it was ONLY blacks, that is something you pulled out of your ass, like most of your stupid posts.

Unlike you, I practice my Christian beliefs.

how is it coercive if you can opt out? No one was ever forced to take part in a morning prayer or Bible reading in school. However, if you go to a muslim or catholic school, you will be required to participate. Do you understand the difference?
The people who believed that were wrong, as were the blacks in Africa who sold other blacks into slavery. You are very naïve if you think slavery was just a white issue.
Oh brother . The blacks are to blame for slavery !!! Maybe YOU should find God first before lecturing the rest of us . Phoney ass Christian !
Redfish is not a Christian, only an atheist. He likes to pretend only Africans were involved in the slave trade with the Europeans and the Arabs.
do you ever tell the truth about anything, snake? Yes, blacks, whites, arabs, Europeans, Africans, and Chinese were involved in the slave trade. I never said it was ONLY blacks, that is something you pulled out of your ass, like most of your stupid posts. Unlike you, I practice my Christian beliefs.
If those are "christian" beliefs, redfish, we are in trouble, all of us. I want nothing to do with your beliefs. I believe in the Constitution that protects all of us, theists and atheists alike. You do not.

And blacks provided the slaves, so WTF is your point outside of displaying your room temperature IQ?
Blacks, Arabs, and Europeans provided the slaves to the Americas. And your comment shows you are avoiding the moral condemnation of the fact that whites defended slavery as a positive good.
Attempting to derail the thread, reported.
You are reporting for responding to your comments. I am discussing OP. You are trolling without comment on OP. Not smart.

The fact is that whites conspired with Europeans and Africans to bring slaves to the Americas.

We are talking about "under God" here, and the fact is that Christian "morality" in America is not so moral too much of the time.

true, Christians do stray from the teachings of Jesus. None of us are perfect, we are all flawed. Recognizing those flaws and working to correct them is what true Christians do.

But since you brought up morality. Is it moral to call for the death of someone solely because of his race? BLM and Farrakhan are doing exactly that TODAY. Where is the outrage from you moral liberals?

how is it coercive if you can opt out? No one was ever forced to take part in a morning prayer or Bible reading in school. However, if you go to a muslim or catholic school, you will be required to participate. Do you understand the difference?
The people who believed that were wrong, as were the blacks in Africa who sold other blacks into slavery. You are very naïve if you think slavery was just a white issue.
Oh brother . The blacks are to blame for slavery !!! Maybe YOU should find God first before lecturing the rest of us . Phoney ass Christian !
do you ever tell the truth about anything, snake? Yes, blacks, whites, arabs, Europeans, Africans, and Chinese were involved in the slave trade. I never said it was ONLY blacks, that is something you pulled out of your ass, like most of your stupid posts. Unlike you, I practice my Christian beliefs.
If those are "christian" beliefs, redfish, we are in trouble, all of us. I want nothing to do with your beliefs. I believe in the Constitution that protects all of us, theists and atheists alike. You do not.

of course I believe in the constitution. What is wrong with you that you keep posting such lies?

And blacks provided the slaves, so WTF is your point outside of displaying your room temperature IQ?
Blacks, Arabs, and Europeans provided the slaves to the Americas. And your comment shows you are avoiding the moral condemnation of the fact that whites defended slavery as a positive good.
Attempting to derail the thread, reported.
You are reporting for responding to your comments. I am discussing OP. You are trolling without comment on OP. Not smart.

The fact is that whites conspired with Europeans and Africans to bring slaves to the Americas.

We are talking about "under God" here, and the fact is that Christian "morality" in America is not so moral too much of the time.
true, Christians do stray from the teachings of Jesus. None of us are perfect, we are all flawed. Recognizing those flaws and working to correct them is what true Christians do. But since you brought up morality. Is it moral to call for the death of someone solely because of his race? BLM and Farrakhan are doing exactly that TODAY. Where is the outrage from you moral liberals?
We are talking about "under God" in America, not BLM or Farrakhan. We are talking about your misconception of religion and the American schools and the public forum.

Now get back on track.

of course I believe in the constitution. What is wrong with you that you keep posting such lies?
You say do, but you don't or you fail to understand it. Do you really understand that if people are sitting in area in a public school, you don't get to sit down and pray out loud without asking them if it is OK. If they say no, find a quiet place.

Its amazing how threads migrate from the OP to something entirely unrelated.

I started this thread to open a discussion on whether the country was better when we openly acknowledged God in our every day lives or today when such acknowledgement is denigrated as offensive.

If I was not clear in the OP, that is my fault.

If some of you are too ignorant to understand, that is your fault.

When this country abandoned God, the decline began. Some of you may disagree, and that's just fine. But a nation that does not follow God's teachings is a nation that will crumble and die.

I see post after post about slavery, racism, refugees, etc. but little about the OP, and the obvious conclusion of the OP that America should be under a Christian theocracy, just like the other muslim theocracies.

s it moral to call for the death of someone solely because of his race? BLM and Farrakhan are doing exactly that TODAY. Where is the outrage from you moral liberals?

Hey is it "moral" to shoot a guy 5 or 6 times when the guy is laying on the ground with two cops on him?

Is it moral to shoot a young man till he is dead when the guy was 25 feet away from the cop?

Let's here your definition of.moral behavior when it comes to shooting unarmed men by the police.

You say do, but you don't or you fail to understand it. Do you really understand that if people are sitting in area in a public school, you don't get to sit down and pray out loud without asking them if it is OK. If they say no, find a quiet place.
If they say no, they can leave and find a quiet place. If the majority of the kids in the school want to say a group prayer, that should prevail.

like most liberals you want the desires of the minority to take precedence over those of the majority.

Remember, minority rights were put in place by majority vote. Be careful what you wish for.

I started this thread to open a discussion on whether the country was better when we openly acknowledged God in our every day lives or today when such acknowledgement is denigrated as offensive.

What's the earlier time frame you're referring to?

Its amazing how threads migrate from the OP to something entirely unrelated. I started this thread to open a discussion on whether the country was better when we openly acknowledged God in our every day lives or today when such acknowledgement is denigrated as offensive. If I was not clear in the OP, that is my fault. If some of you are too ignorant to understand, that is your fault.
We understand what you are trying to do, particularly when you start talking BLM and Christians and morality. You don't get to coerce people in public prayer. You can acknowledge God all you want. I believe in the same God as you say you do, I just don't think we have the right to ram down others' throats in public.

When this country abandoned God, the decline began. Some of you may disagree, and that's just fine. But a nation that does not follow God's teachings is a nation that will crumble and die.

I see post after post about slavery, racism, refugees, etc. but little about the OP, and the obvious conclusion of the OP that America should be under a Christian theocracy, just like the other muslim theocracies.

That is not my conclusion or my intent. The acknowledgement of God is not solely a Christian belief. All religions acknowledge God.

Again, like most liberals, you just don't get it. must be that defective gene.

If they say no, they can leave and find a quiet place. If the majority of the kids in the school want to say a group prayer, that should prevail.

like most liberals you want the desires of the minority to take precedence over those of the majority.

Remember, minority rights were put in place by majority vote. Be careful what you wish for.
SCOTUS determines those things, not you or me or the majority. We are a republic.

1776 through about 1965

Back in the 1950's in the South, when I was growing up, god was offended by stores being open on Sunday, so the government made it illegal to open anything but gas stations, pharmacies, and convenience stores. I guess that must be the good old days that the OP is pineing for.

SCOTUS determines those things, not you or me or the majority. We are a republic.

You continue to display your ignorance. SCOTUS interprets whether the constitution and the law are being followed. The constitution and our laws were put in place by majority vote. SCOTUS does not make law

s it moral to call for the death of someone solely because of his race? BLM and Farrakhan are doing exactly that TODAY. Where is the outrage from you moral liberals?

Hey is it "moral" to shoot a guy 5 or 6 times when the guy is laying on the ground with two cops on him?

Is it moral to shoot a young man till he is dead when the guy was 25 feet away from the cop?

Let's here your definition of.moral behavior when it comes to shooting unarmed men by the police.
If he is a Democrat, yes.

God was also offended by integration. we were taught that by our preachers every Sunday. So we had seperate everything. With god running the government, things were a lot different.

Forum List

Back