Under God

but it was developed by people who had Christian principles using Christian principles to guide them. T

Back in the good ole days, when white men were kings and slaves were property.

You thinking of those good old Christian days?
Except the only reference to slavery in the context you raise is that of equality for all. I thought you lefties loved equality.
1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Negro chattel slavery was defended by many whites as a positive good for the slaves.

Slavery? You inserted that on your own. Old Christian? Not sure what your point is as it doesn't pertain to principles. I get what your beef is, but don't see it's relevance to what I am discussing as I'm not talking about "white" general beliefs in the 1700's as specified to slavery. If you think I am, you would be wrong.

No devout christian Methodist is a racist: that is not possible. You are clearly an atheist if you continue to make decisions based on race.

This nation has never abandoned God.

are you on drugs? I am not a racist. I practice the words of MLK, I do not judge by skin color, I judge by actions and words, and based on that I judge you to be an idiot who should be institutionalized for lunacy no matter what color you are.

You on the left are trying to get God taken off our money, out of our pledge, and out of our schools. YOU are exactly what you claim not to be.

the moral code of this country, and most civilized nations, is based on judeo Christian teachings of what is right and what is wrong.
God told us, The love of money is the root of all Evil, and yet YOU actually think it's good for us to put God's name on it???

:cuckoo:

foolish analogy attempt. but look at your quote "the LOVE of money" not "money". Money is a medium of exchange, putting "in God we trust" on our money is to encourage the fair exchange of goods and services.
Ok,

But I still don't think God wants the association with the Almighty Dollar.... You can not serve two masters, God and Money is what he also said, because you'll love one, and hate the other...without even realizing it, perhaps?

And I don't mean to take away the point of your thread with my pettiness....

But I think there are a lot of Christians who have walked away from God, while claiming they are the ones following Christ....

They've walked away from what we were taught in the parable of the sheep and the goats, what we were taught in the parable of the good Samaritan, what we were taught about loving the enemy, not showing favoritism to the Rich, who our neighbors are.....etc etc etc

Christians lost their Trust in God.... they stopped doing good, in all that they do and say....and expect God's protection while pointing out it is not them, it is always the "other guy", while failing to take the plank out of their own eye.....

If Christians Trusted God as we say on our money, we would know deep in our heart and soul that God will protect us, if we follow what Christ taught....take in the refugees in harm's way, help the Mexicans struggling to make ends meet, going to visit those in prison, welcoming the Stranger.....

Instead, we do the COMPLETE opposite, and wonder why we are in a world of trouble....? It's us Christians lack of TRUST IN GOD, In God we Trust....we make excuses of why we don't follow what He taught us about our neighbors, while pompously pointing our fingers at Abortion, or gays, which was NOT focused on in the Gospels at all?

It IS TIME for us to take the planks out of our eyes before trying to remove the piece of sawdust out of the other person's eye.

We need to do good in all that we say and do, FOLLOW what he taught, AND Trust God....as example: know that if we take in some Syrian refugees because we Want to Help them as fellow human beings, that God will protect us and favor us and this will be what is better for us in the long run...

Yes, in the one example above, that is easier said than done....we've lost our Faith in Him, we need to look no further than ourselves, for the loss of blessings...imo.

God would not want us to take in Syrian "refugees" if they were determined to kill us. The fact is that we have no way of knowing which ones are good people and which ones are terrorists who want YOU and ME dead. Until we have a foolproof system of vetting them, we need to halt the inflow. God does not want us to do stupid things that put our children at risk.
Like I said, WE are the ones who lost our Faith and Trust in God, we think we know better than God.

Attributing this to "muslim" thinking is a far fetched and irrational conclusion. What a "drive by assault" on the subject. Strange. "Almost" a Troll.

According to you it is "far fetched".

But go ahead, substitute Muslim for Christian and tell me the difference in beliefs as written in your post.

So when did we abandon God ? How about a timeframe on when this happened ?

Maybe abandon was a poor choice of words on my part. What I am getting at is the federal government's moves to restrict the practice of religion (except islam).. No prayers to start the school day, no prayer before a high school football game, no nativity scenes, no menoras.

It doesn't have to be just Christian prayers. A school could do a Christian prayer, then a jewish prayer the next day, then a muslim prayer, then a hindu prayer, then a Shinto prayer, then a wicken prayer, and that last day say nothing for the atheists.

One of the things Hitler and all maniacal dictators do is prohibit the practice of religion, then they take away guns, then they denigrate the rich--------------sound familiar?
No one is stopping kids from praying at school, you just can't force people of different religions to adhere to one ideology of religion..

Wrong, group prayer is not allowed in public schools, no matter what religion is involved.

Equally important, the pledge of allegiance is no longer said at the beginning of the school day. Tell me, who is offended by pledging allegiance to his/her country?
Group prayer does happen at schools, as long as it is not coercive on others and does not disrupt the educational process.

Hitler did not take away in prayers, you silly. You have to show that he did, and you can't. He did lower the boom on churches and clergy who opposed the Reich.

You sound familiar: you don't about which you are talking.

how is it coercive if you can opt out? No one was ever forced to take part in a morning prayer or Bible reading in school.

However, if you go to a muslim or catholic school, you will be required to participate. Do you understand the difference?
but it was developed by people who had Christian principles using Christian principles to guide them. T

Except the only reference to slavery in the context you raise is that of equality for all. I thought you lefties loved equality.
1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Negro chattel slavery was defended by many whites as a positive good for the slaves.

The people who believed that were wrong, as were the blacks in Africa who sold other blacks into slavery.

You are very naïve if you think slavery was just a white issue.

Oh brother . The blacks are to blame for slavery !!!

Maybe YOU should find God first before lecturing the rest of us . Phoney ass Christian !

The religion IS the government, the religious heads are the government heads.

So you don't want the USA to be a "Christian" nation? You support a secular way of governing and don't want prayer in school, don't want Christians to have special status for discrimination issues. You don't even believe Christians are under attack in this country. You even would support a Muslim for president.

It's good of you to say that, but I don't believe you. You want a christian nation and you know it.

are you on drugs? I am not a racist. I practice the words of MLK, I do not judge by skin color, I judge by actions and words, and based on that I judge you to be an idiot who should be institutionalized for lunacy no matter what color you are.

You on the left are trying to get God taken off our money, out of our pledge, and out of our schools. YOU are exactly what you claim not to be.

the moral code of this country, and most civilized nations, is based on judeo Christian teachings of what is right and what is wrong.
God told us, The love of money is the root of all Evil, and yet YOU actually think it's good for us to put God's name on it???

:cuckoo:

foolish analogy attempt. but look at your quote "the LOVE of money" not "money". Money is a medium of exchange, putting "in God we trust" on our money is to encourage the fair exchange of goods and services.
Ok,

But I still don't think God wants the association with the Almighty Dollar.... You can not serve two masters, God and Money is what he also said, because you'll love one, and hate the other...without even realizing it, perhaps?

And I don't mean to take away the point of your thread with my pettiness....

But I think there are a lot of Christians who have walked away from God, while claiming they are the ones following Christ....

They've walked away from what we were taught in the parable of the sheep and the goats, what we were taught in the parable of the good Samaritan, what we were taught about loving the enemy, not showing favoritism to the Rich, who our neighbors are.....etc etc etc

Christians lost their Trust in God.... they stopped doing good, in all that they do and say....and expect God's protection while pointing out it is not them, it is always the "other guy", while failing to take the plank out of their own eye.....

If Christians Trusted God as we say on our money, we would know deep in our heart and soul that God will protect us, if we follow what Christ taught....take in the refugees in harm's way, help the Mexicans struggling to make ends meet, going to visit those in prison, welcoming the Stranger.....

Instead, we do the COMPLETE opposite, and wonder why we are in a world of trouble....? It's us Christians lack of TRUST IN GOD, In God we Trust....we make excuses of why we don't follow what He taught us about our neighbors, while pompously pointing our fingers at Abortion, or gays, which was NOT focused on in the Gospels at all?

It IS TIME for us to take the planks out of our eyes before trying to remove the piece of sawdust out of the other person's eye.

We need to do good in all that we say and do, FOLLOW what he taught, AND Trust God....as example: know that if we take in some Syrian refugees because we Want to Help them as fellow human beings, that God will protect us and favor us and this will be what is better for us in the long run...

Yes, in the one example above, that is easier said than done....we've lost our Faith in Him, we need to look no further than ourselves, for the loss of blessings...imo.

God would not want us to take in Syrian "refugees" if they were determined to kill us. The fact is that we have no way of knowing which ones are good people and which ones are terrorists who want YOU and ME dead. Until we have a foolproof system of vetting them, we need to halt the inflow. God does not want us to do stupid things that put our children at risk.
Like I said, WE are the ones who lost our Faith and Trust in God, we think we know better than God.

some of us, not all of us.

But its really more than that, our government has tried to remove God from the national dialog. Any idea why? Could it be that when people hold the word of God above the word of the state, that the people are harder to control and manipulate? Please think about this before responding. You seem like an intelligent person, so please think.

The religion IS the government, the religious heads are the government heads.

So you don't want the USA to be a "Christian" nation? You support a secular way of governing and don't want prayer in school, don't want Christians to have special status for discrimination issues. You don't even believe Christians are under attack in this country. You even would support a Muslim for president.

It's good of you to say that, but I don't believe you. You want a christian nation and you know it.

Nope, I want a free nation. I do not want to be a slave to the federal government, I do not want the federal government telling us how to live.

Maybe abandon was a poor choice of words on my part. What I am getting at is the federal government's moves to restrict the practice of religion (except islam).. No prayers to start the school day, no prayer before a high school football game, no nativity scenes, no menoras.

It doesn't have to be just Christian prayers. A school could do a Christian prayer, then a jewish prayer the next day, then a muslim prayer, then a hindu prayer, then a Shinto prayer, then a wicken prayer, and that last day say nothing for the atheists.

One of the things Hitler and all maniacal dictators do is prohibit the practice of religion, then they take away guns, then they denigrate the rich--------------sound familiar?
No one is stopping kids from praying at school, you just can't force people of different religions to adhere to one ideology of religion..

Wrong, group prayer is not allowed in public schools, no matter what religion is involved.

Equally important, the pledge of allegiance is no longer said at the beginning of the school day. Tell me, who is offended by pledging allegiance to his/her country?
Group prayer does happen at schools, as long as it is not coercive on others and does not disrupt the educational process.

Hitler did not take away in prayers, you silly. You have to show that he did, and you can't. He did lower the boom on churches and clergy who opposed the Reich.

how is it coercive if you can opt out? No one was ever forced to take part in a morning prayer or Bible reading in school.

However, if you go to a muslim or catholic school, you will be required to participate. Do you understand the difference?

The people who believed that were wrong, as were the blacks in Africa who sold other blacks into slavery.

Maybe YOU should find God first before lecturing the rest of us . Phoney ass Christian !
Shitforbrains isn't even aware of who rounded up the slaves to be sold.

The Golden Rule, the 10 Commandments. and the story of the Good Samaritan are good rules to govern society. All religions include rules to govern society for its ultimate benefit. It doesn't have to be anyone's particular God. And the Golden Rule, the 10 Commandments and the Good Samaritan are rules even non believers usually believe in.
Actually, believing SO much in your religion that you think it is the ONLY one that's right and the ONLY way all people should behave is not an ultimate benefit to society in the least.

I never said that. Stop the BS. Society as a whole was to blame for slavery. Slavery is going on today in parts of Africa and muslim nations. Why say nothing about that but condemn the USA for what it did 200 years ago?

Oh yeah , downplay slavery you good Christian you. Like the slaves were forced on americans who had no choice but to keep buying them!

You are a Christian fake .

I bet you can't name the 10 commandments without looking them up. One of them is "thou shall not lie " . Now you only need nine.

Oh yeah , downplay slavery you good Christian you. Like the slaves were forced on americans who had no choice but to keep buying them!

You are a Christian fake .

I bet you can't name the 10 commandments without looking them up. One of them is "thou shall not lie " . Now you only need nine.
image.jpeg

And blacks provided the slaves, so WTF is your point outside of displaying your room temperature IQ?
Blacks, Arabs, and Europeans provided the slaves to the Americas. And your comment shows you are avoiding the moral condemnation of the fact that whites defended slavery as a positive good.

The Golden Rule, the 10 Commandments. and the story of the Good Samaritan are good rules to govern society. All religions include rules to govern society for its ultimate benefit. It doesn't have to be anyone's particular God. And the Golden Rule, the 10 Commandments and the Good Samaritan are rules even non believers usually believe in.
Actually, believing SO much in your religion that you think it is the ONLY one that's right and the ONLY way all people should behave is not an ultimate benefit to society in the least.
Iran state media alarmed at English text on clothes - BBC News

I want a free nation. I do not want to be a slave to the federal government, I do not want the federal government telling us how to live.

Would you support a Muslim presidential candidate if he/she promised you that freedom you don't think you have?

Etnopluralism does not work for me when I never speak Finnish.

God is cruel with me. He will not me to speak my parents proverb.

God will only English and Swedish.

That is one example. Can you think of others from other religions? Hmmmmm?

That is one example. Can you think of others from other religions? Hmmmmm?
Islam is the largest religion in the world.
Kill homosexuals and nonbelievers, women are lower than animals, and cut off the hands of those stealing a loaf of bread. That's their golden rules.

Forum List

Back