Under God

The Declaration of Independence carries no legal weight and is NOT a "governing" document - it is a "founding" document. We are governed by the Constitution.

Declaration of Independence and Christianity Myth
Um, the Declaration of Independence was adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
That does not make it part of the US Constitution. Are you really this devious? Yet you are so easily found out.
Obamacare is not part of the Constitution, either. Good, it's not a law.

you don't know much about our system of law, do you? our laws are comprised of the constitution, it's caselaw and all of our federal, state, municipal laws. they don't have to be included in the constitution to be constitutional. they just can't be prohibited. and the ACA has already been upheld.

so what are you talking about?
What are you babbling about? Who said laws had to be included in the Constitution?

Who - wha - eh?

Join you buddy Jake; you two should have a most captivating conversation.
Jillian, who deals with the law every day or Norwegan who does not comprehend it at all? Easy peasy.

When this country abandoned God, the decline began. Some of you may disagree, and that's just fine. But a nation that does not follow God's teachings is a nation that will crumble and die.

Someday the sun will burn out and the human race will cease to exist. Why do you care about supernatural beings?

I care because I believe. Yes, someday the sun will cease to burn and earth will turn to ice. Its unlikely that any human beings will be around to see it.

I am opening a new thread for those who are interested in the LDS church harming children, so we don't troll "Under Gods".

Bob Blaylock, the LDS Church, and the church's harming of children (opening a new thread)

You are stutter writing. You are not an expert on what is "genuine LDS faith."

I have been a member of the genuine LDS faith for my entire life, more than half a century, as have been all my ancestors for a few generations back. I have at least one great-great-grandfather who is known to have directly associated with Joseph Smith.

I think I have a solid basis on which to claim far more expertise on the subject, than you could possibly have—and certainly more credibility than anyone who thinks that the genuine Mormon faith has anything meaningful to do with some of the more bizarre, distant offshoots thereof.

So you better start reading and writing more carefully. Your leaders are still making bizarre decisions, the latest being problematic "Gospel Topics" essays and persecution of LDS children of LGBT parents.

The issue the SLC-based denomination is facing is that two generations of converts want a more mainstream church and the millennial youth born into the church who demand such a church.

The white ancient Rocky Mountain pioneer descendants' leadership must start fishing and stop cutting bait. If they don't change, the genxrs and millennials will in the next twenty years.

The Mormon church's policies regarding homosexuality and other forms of sexual immorality and perversion are the same as those of every other Christian church except for those which have openly and willfully rebelled against the God that they now falsely profess to worship..

Not to speak for other churches, but this church is not a democracy, run according to the vicissitudes of a corrupt and unstable society; it is run by prophets who take their policy from God; and it has, and will continue to be run according to God's will, and not according the the folly of mortal men.

If the “genxrs and millennials” want a church of men, rather than a church of God, then there are other churches out there that they will find more to their liking.

will you start one about the muslim religion harming children, women, and humanity in general?

When this country abandoned God, the decline began. Some of you may disagree, and that's just fine. But a nation that does not follow God's teachings is a nation that will crumble and die.

Well, I guess that the religious Right want allow us to escape their preaching, even on the politics form.

when our political system dictates how and when religion can be practiced, the topic belongs in the politics forum. When our central government intrudes on the free practice of religion its a political issue.

Atheist? where did you get such a foolish idea? I am a devout Christian and practicing Methodist. Why would you say such a thing?
No devout christian Methodist is a racist: that is not possible. You are clearly an atheist if you continue to make decisions based on race.

This nation has never abandoned God.
are you on drugs? I am not a racist. I practice the words of MLK, I do not judge by skin color, I judge by actions and words, and based on that I judge you to be an idiot who should be institutionalized for lunacy no matter what color you are. You on the left are trying to get God taken off our money, out of our pledge, and out of our schools. YOU are exactly what you claim not to be. the moral code of this country, and most civilized nations, is based on judeo Christian teachings of what is right and what is wrong.
God is not going anywhere, you lunatic. He does not need your atheistic help. You are an atheist because you do not know Him. Our moral codes are based on certain religious values and secular ethics, which can be found in all cultures.

you are the lunatic here, jakey boy.

you are correct that our morals and ethics come from religious values as well as secular ethics, and that SOME of them can be found in all cultures. In muslim countries the Koran is also the book of legal statutes and laws. That is where we differ from them.

There is a clear movement in this country to subvert God to the state and the elites who rule. When the people believe in a higher power, the power of the state is limited, and that is exactly what the founders intended. What you libs don't realize is that you are asking for a North Korea type system where no dissent is permitted and nothing is valued higher than the words of the supreme ruler.

You fools would turn obozo into Kim.
There is a clear movement in the US to subvert God to the far right evangelicals who wish to rule America as they believe it should be, although they are a small minority. Thus, they like the radical jihadists, say God is on their side.

The far right wishes to impose a North Korean elite that governs us all in the name of God.

Not going to happen.

you are totally wrong. the far right is as offensive as the far left. No one with any intelligence wants to dictate what and how religion can be practiced in this country.

What we have today in DC is a statist movement that opposes all religion and requires that citizens worship the state and its rulers.

So when did we abandon God ? How about a timeframe on when this happened ?

Maybe abandon was a poor choice of words on my part. What I am getting at is the federal government's moves to restrict the practice of religion (except islam).. No prayers to start the school day, no prayer before a high school football game, no nativity scenes, no menoras.

It doesn't have to be just Christian prayers. A school could do a Christian prayer, then a jewish prayer the next day, then a muslim prayer, then a hindu prayer, then a Shinto prayer, then a wicken prayer, and that last day say nothing for the atheists.

One of the things Hitler and all maniacal dictators do is prohibit the practice of religion, then they take away guns, then they denigrate the rich--------------sound familiar?

When again did America embrace God/? Was it during the period that those God fearing folks were killing to take land?

Maybe abandon was a poor choice of words on my part. What I am getting at is the federal government's moves to restrict the practice of religion (except islam).. No prayers to start the school day, no prayer before a high school football game, no nativity scenes, no menoras.

It doesn't have to be just Christian prayers. A school could do a Christian prayer, then a jewish prayer the next day, then a muslim prayer, then a hindu prayer, then a Shinto prayer, then a wicken prayer, and that last day say nothing for the atheists.

One of the things Hitler and all maniacal dictators do is prohibit the practice of religion, then they take away guns, then they denigrate the rich--------------sound familiar?
No one is stopping kids from praying at school, you just can't force people of different religions to adhere to one ideology of religion..

No one is stopping kids from praying at school, you just can't force people of different religions to adhere to one ideology of religion..

Wrong, group prayer is not allowed in public schools, no matter what religion is involved.

Equally important, the pledge of allegiance is no longer said at the beginning of the school day. Tell me, who is offended by pledging allegiance to his/her country?

Wrong, group prayer is not allowed in public schools, no matter what religion is involved.

Equally important, the pledge of allegiance is no longer said at the beginning of the school day. Tell me, who is offended by pledging allegiance to his/her country?

Good! I remember prayers before football games, even as a kid I thought it was wrong to force christian prayers on people .

Group prayer is allowed in schools, just not the way you want it, like it used to be where it was forced..I never prayed along..Screw that...now it is voluntary.No one, and I mean no one is restricted from praying..yet in the Bible Jesus tells how to pray and when..he said to go be alone to speak to God..

My kids is in school and the Pledge is given everyday...

No country can ever abandon God, Redfish. Who can ever make God go away? But since you are an atheist, this is a troll thread. So, mods, please put this in the flame zone.

Atheist? where did you get such a foolish idea? I am a devout Christian and practicing Methodist. Why would you say such a thing?
No devout christian Methodist is a racist: that is not possible. You are clearly an atheist if you continue to make decisions based on race.

are you on drugs? I am not a racist. I practice the words of MLK, I do not judge by skin color, I judge by actions and words, and based on that I judge you to be an idiot who should be institutionalized for lunacy no matter what color you are.

You on the left are trying to get God taken off our money, out of our pledge, and out of our schools. YOU are exactly what you claim not to be.

the moral code of this country, and most civilized nations, is based on judeo Christian teachings of what is right and what is wrong.
God told us, The love of money is the root of all Evil, and yet YOU actually think it's good for us to put God's name on it???

:cuckoo:

Good! I remember prayers before football games, even as a kid I thought it was wrong to force christian prayers on people .

no one was forced. congress opens each session with a prayer. not always Christian, could be any faith.

What we are devolving into is a system where the minority view is given preference over the majority view. How can you support that? Do you want to live under a minority dictatorship? I guess you do as long as YOUR minority is in control----------but it might not always be that way, that's why our founders wrote the constitution----to protect us from just the type of system that you liberals are foolishly supporting.

No country can ever abandon God, Redfish. Who can ever make God go away? But since you are an atheist, this is a troll thread. So, mods, please put this in the flame zone.

are you on drugs? I am not a racist. I practice the words of MLK, I do not judge by skin color, I judge by actions and words, and based on that I judge you to be an idiot who should be institutionalized for lunacy no matter what color you are.

You on the left are trying to get God taken off our money, out of our pledge, and out of our schools. YOU are exactly what you claim not to be.

the moral code of this country, and most civilized nations, is based on judeo Christian teachings of what is right and what is wrong.
God told us, The love of money is the root of all Evil, and yet YOU actually think it's good for us to put God's name on it???

:cuckoo:

foolish analogy attempt. but look at your quote "the LOVE of money" not "money". Money is a medium of exchange, putting "in God we trust" on our money is to encourage the fair exchange of goods and services.

Group prayer is allowed in schools, just not the way you want it, like it used to be where it was forced..I never prayed along..Screw that...now it is voluntary.No one, and I mean no one is restricted from praying..yet in the Bible Jesus tells how to pray and when..he said to go be alone to speak to God..

yep, you can pray silently in your head anywhere and any time that you want. That has always been the case.

Is your kid in a public or private school where the pledge is said every day?

Every president in history, including Obama, has said "God bless the USA". How many of you have been offended by that and why?

And when did that happen Redfish?

Decline from what?

And which of 'God's teachings' are we not following?

We stopped stoning adulterers...that's when it all went to hell.

yep, you can pray silently in your head anywhere and any time that you want. That has always been the case.

Is your kid in a public or private school where the pledge is said every day?
Public, Noel jr. high..

Forum List

Back