🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Under the ACA, my yearly premium is $0.

That's right, because of the ACA, if I go with the bronze program, I pay a yearly premium of $0.

Zero dollars and I get health insurance coverage.

How can anyone in their right mind, be against that?

its free to you which means every hard working tax paying citizen is paying it for you. Why the hell don't you get off their back im sure they are tired of carrying you

I think you guys are confusing getting insurance with getting subsidies.

If you can get insurance thru your employer, you cannot qualify for subsidies. However you can use the health exchanges to purchase insurance regardless of having employer provided.
I'd rather have insurance through an employer. But since I happen to be currently unemployed and I have to have insurance by law, I'm happy to get any subsidies I could qualify for.

I think you guys are confusing getting insurance with getting subsidies.

If you can get insurance thru your employer, you cannot qualify for subsidies. However you can use the health exchanges to purchase insurance regardless of having employer provided.
I'd rather have insurance through an employer. But since I happen to be currently unemployed and I have to have insurance by law, I'm happy to get any subsidies I could qualify for.

why not get another jobbie job

They're against it because they would rather pay for your health care.

That's the system now and that's what the lazy, deadbeat rw's want to keep. Force the rest of us to pay their damn health care bill at the emergency room.

You're utter stoopidity knows no bounds. You too believe in "free" healthcare from the Obama. Nothing is free. The producers will be funding the moochers. You're welcome by the way.

How is it possible for the rw's to keep on with this lie?

EMTALA - free to you freeloader rw's.

ObamaCare - pay your own way.

Uh-huh, sure Puddly. How much did Billo say he was paying?

Keep up the good work

-Geaux

old-man-working-the-old-task-a18633419.jpg
Well, I'm actually unemployed right now.

Really? Those fried pies won't cook themselves you know.

why not get another jobbie job
I'll settle for just 'a' job. When I work, I make $30/hr, which is more than enough to take care of my needs. But I've only worked 4 months this year. I worked 4 months last year. Before that, I worked 18 straight years. I was on unemployment in '91, '83 and now. Other than that, I've been working 40 hour weeks since 1973.

I've got resumes out all over town. I get calls from recruiters on the average about 2 a week. I interview about once a month. And only twice this year, did I hear those 4 magic words, "When can you start?" Something's gonna hit. It always has.

When I don't have a job, I feel like a fish out of water.

My insurance went up 223% due to Obamacare. Mass has 50 day waiting time to see a doctor thanks to 6 years of Romneycare that Obamacare imitates. That is why I hate Obamacare.

My insurance went up 223% due to Obamacare. Mass has 50 day waiting time to see a doctor thanks to 6 years of Romneycare that Obamacare imitates. That is why I hate Obamacare.
You know, each exchange has about 30 different plans.

Have you tried looking at another plan?

You know, each exchange has about 30 different plans.

Have you tried looking at another plan?

Yes, I looked for months & I have the best plan for the money which is only $20 higher than the cheapest plan available.

Look at what this lying whore still spouts. Tell the 300,000 in Florida they can keep their insurance. Yeah, if it meets 'Obama' standards

Tyrannt

-Geaux

Dear

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding health reform. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I support the Affordable Care Act (ACA), health reform legislation signed into law by President Obama in 2010. The ACA creates important new benefits for health insurance consumers, expands access to care, and protects Medicare while reducing the federal deficit.

The ACA makes it easier for people to shop for health insurance plans and protects consumers from some of the most egregious abuses by health insurance companies. For example, the law prohibits insurers from denying coverage, charging higher premiums, or refusing reimbursement for the millions of people who have pre-existing health conditions like cancer, diabetes, or asthma. The law also stops insurance companies from setting annual or lifetime limits on coverage, allows young adults to stay on their parents' health insurance until age 26, and requires new insurance plans to cover preventive health care such as mammograms and diabetes screenings without a co -pay.

Under the ACA, individuals who get insurance through an employer or Medicare can continue to receive this coverage. In addition, the law creates new health insurance marketplaces through which individuals who do not have access to affordable insurance or who want to explore new insurance options can shop for coverage. California's health insurance marketplace is known as Covered California, and is online now at CoveredCA.com. On this website, individuals can compare plans, find out if they qualify for subsidies to reduce the cost of coverage, and enroll in a plan of their choice. For your information, I have attached a fact sheet that provides more information about Covered California and the Affordable Care Act.

Although I support the many new consumer protections and preventive health benefits created as part of the Affordable Care Act, I recognize that the law remains controversial. Please know that I have made note of your views and will keep them in mind as I continue to monitor the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Should have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
Show me where in the ACA it says they can't.

ACA defines 'minimum coverage'. Many existing policies don't meet those minimums. Technically, I suppose you could keep those policies, but you'd be fined under the individual mandate provisions, and because of that most insurance companies will no longer offer those plans. So the repeated claims that we could keep our existing insurance were untrue for many people.

Yes, I looked for months & I have the best plan for the money which is only $20 higher than the cheapest plan available.
How could you have looked for months, when the exchange has only been up for 3 weeks?

Contrary to popular myth, the exchange is not the only place to get insurance from. The exchange is way higher for worse coverage than what I had.

ACA defines 'minimum coverage'. Many existing policies don't meet those minimums. Technically, I suppose you could keep those policies, but you'd be fined under the individual mandate provisions, and because of that most insurance companies will no longer offer those plans. So the repeated claims that we could keep our existing insurance were untrue for many people.
People that have existing plans that meet the minimum requirements of the new law are allowed to keep those plans.

People that don't, obviously have a more costly plan with less coverage. If your plan can't meet a "minimum" requirement, what does that tell you?

People that have existing plans that meet the minimum requirements of the new law are allowed to keep those plans.

People that don't, obviously have a more costly plan with less coverage. If your plan can't meet a "minimum" requirement, what does that tell you?

It tells me that when Obama said a dozen or more times on TV that I could keep My current plan, and he added PERIOD is a lying sack of dog squeeze.

What does it tell you?

Putting the merits/problems of the ACA aside, don't you think it's a bit dangerous to be rolling out this extremely complex, costly, unproven program out at a time when we're $17 trillion dollars in debt and counting? Our Fed is STILL buying $85 billion worth of assets from the big banks every single month (for past 5 years) as a form of bailout to keep things going.

I mean, I would love for every man, woman, and child in America to receive a $100k stipend at the beginning of the year to cover medical costs, but we simply do not have the money for it. You need to work within the resources that you have, and personally I don't think we have the resources (or the know how - apparently) at the moment. When the gov't goes bankrupt, or when the dollar hits hyperinflation, we lose not only this program but EVERYTHING else...

This is the thing Dems fail to see about conservatives. When a right leaning person says "this is a bad idea", it's not always because they want to see poor people suffer, it's instead because they have the foresight to realize that the program is simply not sustainable financially, or is a trainwreck in design, etc.

You can't get everything you want, as I'm sure you're quite aware of.

Last edited:

My plan met all the requirements. Obamacare does not allow young or healthy people to be in a separate pool from the healthcare abusers. So my rate more than doubled just to subsidize the sick abuser pool in addition to the cost EMTALA already added to my healthcare to subsidize the uninsured & my taxes subsidizing poor already do. You people are killing me!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back