Unemployment rates were made worse by Bush, not Obama!

Here's another fun stat which will make the rightard herd regurgitate...

When Bush became president, the civilian noninstitutional population (CNP) was 143,800,000. With a U6 rate of 7.3%, that equals 10,497,400 under/unemployed folks in America. Here's the rest of the story ...

Jan/2001: 10,497,400
Jan/2009: 21,897,820
Sep/2014: 18,391,716

Under Bush, under/unemployment increased by 11.4 million people. Under Obama, that number has decreased by 3.5 million. And even much of the numbers under Obama are inflated due to the Great Recession Bush handed him. Over the last 55 months as we have enjoyed the longest stretch of private employment growth recorded in our history, that figure has dropped by 7.7 million.

Thank you, Obama! :dance:

Oh my the far left loves to make up numbers to support the worse than Bush President they vote for twice.

Hey dumb ass, benefits are based on earnings, not sex! Any woman earning as much as a man up to the max will collect the same max benefit as a man.
Sure they are based on earnings but I see no change with obama than with any other president. I guess you've got kool aid shock.
I can actually believe you are stupid enough to think that 75 years of paying into social security can be reversed in just 5 years. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Where do you get 75 years? baby boomers aren't 75 and it is your claim baby boomers are retiring and that would be 64
Actually, my reference was to 80 years (75 + 5) and that goes back to when people started paying in to social security. And who said I was talking about baby boomers? That's your delusion. My response was to your comment, "obama's war on women continues." Nothing limiting women in that comment to just those of the baby boomer generation. The numbers in that chart are certainly not limited to baby boomers. Certainly, there are some folks even older than 68 who are retiring.

The point is ... for 75 years until Obama became president, women have been earning less and therefore, paying less into social security. You prove yourself to being nothing but a brain-dead Bush voter to think Obama can fix 75 years of women receiving lesser salaries than men in just 5 years. :cuckoo:
Bull shit nice bait and switch as you said.
Really? Then show me where you said anything about baby boomers? :cuckoo:

No Bush never had 92 million not working 92 million is a record obama carries dumb ass.
Bush had 80 million not working because they were not in the labor force and 12 million not working because they were unemployed. 80 million plus 12 million = 92 million not working everywhere but in Right-wing looney-world.
Bush never had 92 million Americans out of the work force even when you try to use that fucked up liberal fucking fuzzy math, obama holds that record..
Nice bait & switch after you got called out on your earlier idiocy which blew up in your face.

This is what you said before ... "No Bush never had 92 million not working 92 million is a record obama carries dumb ass"

Which of course, is a complete hallucination on your part. Hence, you switched, "not working" in favor of, "out of the work force." :lmao:
What fucking bait and switch? Bush never had 92 million Americans not working obama holds that record. PERIOD
Even the BLS call you an imbecile. In January/2009, the BLS indicates there were 92,587,000 folks unemployed.

You know this which is why you switched from saying "not working" to "no in the work force."

Making things up again?

When Bush became president, the civilian noninstitutional population (CNP) was 143,800,000. With a U6 rate of 7.3%, that equals 10,497,400 under/unemployed folks in America. Here's the rest of the story ...

Under Bush, under/unemployment increased by 11.4 million people. Under Obama, that number has decreased by 3.5 million. And even much of the numbers under Obama are inflated due to the Great Recession Bush handed him. Over the last 55 months as we have enjoyed the longest stretch of private employment growth recorded in our history, that figure has dropped by 7.7 million.

Oh my the far left loves to make up numbers to support the worse than Bush President they vote for twice.
Why am I still waiting for you to prove your comment that the far left talked about the labor force participation rate while Bush was president? You made the claim but now you're running away from it as fast as your walker will allow.

Sure they are based on earnings but I see no change with obama than with any other president. I guess you've got kool aid shock.
I can actually believe you are stupid enough to think that 75 years of paying into social security can be reversed in just 5 years. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Where do you get 75 years? baby boomers aren't 75 and it is your claim baby boomers are retiring and that would be 64
Actually, my reference was to 80 years (75 + 5) and that goes back to when people started paying in to social security. And who said I was talking about baby boomers? That's your delusion. My response was to your comment, "obama's war on women continues." Nothing limiting women in that comment to just those of the baby boomer generation. The numbers in that chart are certainly not limited to baby boomers. Certainly, there are some folks even older than 68 who are retiring.

The point is ... for 75 years until Obama became president, women have been earning less and therefore, paying less into social security. You prove yourself to being nothing but a brain-dead Bush voter to think Obama can fix 75 years of women receiving lesser salaries than men in just 5 years. :cuckoo:
I'm not the one that uses baby boomers for defending obama and his record numbers out of work force Your side uses them. I just reminded you missed them on this.

I'm not the one that uses baby boomers for defending obama and his record numbers out of work force Your side uses them. I just reminded you missed them on this.
Then let me remind you of your lunacy, Bush voter ......

"obama's war on women continues Benefit inequality" ~ a brain-dead Bush voter

See that? No mention whatsoever about baby boomers. Just a reference to retired folks collecting social security. An no one on the left said every senior retiring is a baby boomer.

You're just a demented Bush voter. :dunno:

See that? No mention whatsoever about baby boomers. Just a reference to retired folks collecting social security. An no one on the left said every senior retiring is a baby boomer.

sucking on obama's shit has you so fucked up, dude what does that have to do with baby boomers?
obama's war on women continues Benefit inequality

Why am I still waiting for you to prove your comment that the far left talked about the labor force participation rate while Bush was president? You made the claim but now you're running away from it as fast as your walker will allow.

And you are denying that the far left said such things under Bush. Even more priceless than another far left drone trying to convince me that viruses do not mutate.

Man you far left drone would deny your existence if your programming told you to..

sucking on obama's shit has you so fucked up, dude what does that have to do with baby boomers?
Once again, let's review the dialog to reveal your insanity, Bush voter...

bigrebnc1775: "obama's war on women continues. Benefit inequality"

Faun: "I can actually believe you are stupid enough to think that 75 years of paying into social security can be reversed in just 5 years."

bigrebnc1775: "Where do you get 75 years? baby boomers aren't 75 and it is your claim baby boomers are retiring and that would be 64"

Faun: "Actually, my reference was to 80 years (75 + 5) and that goes back to when people started paying in to social security. And who said I was talking about baby boomers? That's your delusion."

bigrebnc1775: "Bull shit nice bait and switch as you said."

Faun: "Really? Then show me where you said anything about baby boomers?" :cuckoo:

bigrebnc1775: "I'm not the one that uses baby boomers for defending obama and his record numbers out of work force Your side uses them. I just reminded you missed them on this."

Faun: "Then let me remind you of your lunacy, Bush voter ...... See that? No mention whatsoever about baby boomers. Just a reference to retired folks collecting social security. An no one on the left said every senior retiring is a baby boomer."

bigrebnc1775: "sucking on obama's shit has you so fucked up, dude what does that have to do with baby boomers?"

See that? You're the one who injected "baby boomers" into this, not me. This is why you come off as a raving lunatic to then ask what this has to do with baby boomers?

How would I know? You're the one who made this about baby boomers. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Still, you're one fucked up individual. You actually think Obama can fix 75 years worth of inequality among the sexes in just 5 years. You actually said that.

Crazy.

Batshit crazy. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Faun: "I can actually believe you are stupid enough to think that 75 years of paying into social security can be reversed in just 5 years."

bigrebnc1775: "Where do you get 75 years? baby boomers aren't 75 and it is your claim baby boomers are retiring and that would be 64"

Faun: "Actually, my reference was to 80 years (75 + 5) and that goes back to when people started paying in to social security. And who said I was talking about baby boomers? That's your delusion."

Faun: "Really? Then show me where you said anything about baby boomers?" :cuckoo:

bigrebnc1775: "I'm not the one that uses baby boomers for defending obama and his record numbers out of work force Your side uses them. I just reminded you missed them on this."

Faun: "Then let me remind you of your lunacy, Bush voter ...... See that? No mention whatsoever about baby boomers. Just a reference to retired folks collecting social security. An no one on the left said every senior retiring is a baby boomer."

bigrebnc1775: "sucking on obama's shit has you so fucked up, dude what does that have to do with baby boomers?"

See that? You're the one who injected "baby boomers" into this, not me. This is why you come off as a raving lunatic to then ask what this has to do with baby boomers?

How would I know? You're the one who made this about baby boomers. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Still, you're one fucked up individual. You actually think Obama can fix 75 years worth of inequality among the sexes in just 5 years. You actually said that.

Crazy.

You dumb fucking whiny ass bitch Here's what I said dumb ass.
Your side uses them. I just reminded you missed them on this.

Starting in Jan. 20, 2001, at the beginning of George W. Bush’s administration, the rate was 2.4 percent, but by the time he left in January 2009 it had reached 7 percent. The rate now is 5.9% and is on track to get even lower.

During the Obama administration, they went over 10% despite his claim they wouldn't climb over 8%.

If you really think it's 5.9%, you should reapply the KY jelly because you're really taking one on his behalf.

Starting in Jan. 20, 2001, at the beginning of George W. Bush’s administration, the rate was 2.4 percent, but by the time he left in January 2009 it had reached 7 percent. The rate now is 5.9% and is on track to get even lower.
Funny when Bush left office more people were participating in the work force than are now
JQPublic 1 has no clue how the process works.

You were using an extremely non-standard use of the word "fudge" if you did not mean to imply intentional tinkering.
It was adjusting data to make it appear better than it is, sugar coating if you want me to put it another way.
No, that's not what it means. I've never heard of such a usage, except in cases of intentional deceit.
You have never heard of Benjamin Disraeli then, who coined the phrase 'lies, damn lies and statistics'. In political terms what fudge the numbers or the books means is to play with the numbers, a government doesn't have to manipulate numbers to make them look better than they appear. But you obviously think that no government can pick and choose data, even though that is what the unemployment rate is - a selection of data.
ummm what books?
The data of those it has surveyed or estimated from available data.
Ok...I wouldn't call that "books."
it doesn't measure all the people living with family doing chores for free as unemployed,
Yes, it does. Household chores are not considered employment, so if the person was looking for a job, then s/he would be classified as unemployed.
That is a separate category, searching for work is a different category entirely: How the Government Measures Unemployment
  • Garrett is 16 years old, and he has no job from which he receives any pay or profit. However, Garrett does help with the regular chores around his parents’ farm and spends about 20 hours each week doing so.
Basically according to how it is gathered, if you do chores around a family farm or business for no pay, you are considered employed - unless you apply for work. So you are wrong there.
There's a difference between "around the house" and "in a family business or farm." Housework is not considered employed and so a person who only does work around the house is unemployed if looking for work and Not in the Labor Force if not. A person working unpaid in a family business or farm for 15+ hours a week is classified as employed, whether or not he's looking for work.

But it does represent them.
The census was given to roughly 1 in 6 households in 2010, a representation but less than 20%.
Why are you switching to talk about the decennial census?

The figures in the measures are estimates as they are measures of a fraction of the population, not the entire population.
Because that would be impossible.
Much more expensive maybe, but hardly impossible.[/QUOTE]
You think it would be possible to do a full census on the entire population every month and process the results in 3 weeks (the current turnaround for the Current Population Survey)? No. It's not possible in any practical way.

Crazy.

Yes, that's my point, you raving lunatic. you injected baby boomers into this argument, not me. Which is why you look crazier than most rightards by asking, "what does that have to do with baby boomers?"

The obvious answer to that question is, you should know, not me, since you're the one who made it about baby boomers.

Capiche?

Funny when Bush left office more people were participating in the work force than are now
JQPublic 1 has no clue how the process works.

Prove it! Show me what ya got.

During the Obama administration, they went over 10% despite his claim they wouldn't climb over 8%.

If you really think it's 5.9%, you should reapply the KY jelly because you're really taking one on his behalf.

:link:: link:

Will Obama said stimulus would cap unemployment at 8 percent PolitiFact
As for your claim about it being 2.4% in January, 2001, absolutely false.

Unemployment in America is due to NAFTA and some other decisions Bush made. All parties wanted NAFTA because all Corporations wanted NAFTA. It's profit over humanity these days. It's America's responsibility to keep people who are only focused on profit in line with American Values.

As for your claim about it being 2.4% in January, 2001, absolutely false.

My claim is linked!If that's not good enough go ahead and read about 10 posts into the thread to discover that this whole matter has been settled. the actual reported rate at the time Bush took office was about 4.2%. My link was incorrect but only in regards to the 2.4% UE. According to BLS the UE figure today is 5.9%. Here's a link for verification.

As for your claim about it being 2.4% in January, 2001, absolutely
false.
Yep! The 2.4% figure was quoted in the link but the link is incorrect. If you had read further you would have seen that I was taken to task for it. You can see the subsequent post where I owned up to it a long time ago. Also click on the hyperlink (2.4%) to view the link that got me in trouble.

However, whether you accept it or not, the present figure of 5.9 percent for the unemployment rate stands. The Bureau of Labor Statistics website is the source and here is the link:
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 248,000 in September, and the unemployment rate declined to 5.9 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment increased in professional and business services, retail trade, and health care., Employment Situation Summary

Crazy.

Yes, that's my point, you raving lunatic. you injected baby boomers into this argument, not me. Which is why you look crazier than most rightards by asking, "what does that have to do with baby boomers?"

The obvious answer to that question is, you should know, not me, since you're the one who made it about baby boomers.

Capiche?
Fuck you boomers are only good when you can fit them nicely in your argument. but when they can't be used they don't exist to a fucked up liberal base
Capiche you cock sucking son of a bitch?

Forum List

Back