United Technologies gave former CEO a golden parachute as a gift

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
Today Bernie Sanders slams President-elect Donald Trump for giving tax cuts to a company that was not even on the verge of going bankrupt. In fact, just two years ago they gave a former CEO a golden parachute as a gift, worth $172 million dollars.
Sanders says that now companies that were not even thinking of shipping jobs to Mexico are going to threaten to do so in order to get tax goodies.
Bernie Sanders: Carrier just showed corporations how to beat Donald Trump

Today Bernie Sanders slams President-elect Donald Trump for giving tax cuts to a company that was not even on the verge of going bankrupt. In fact, just two years ago they gave a former CEO a golden parachute as a gift, worth $172 million dollars.
Sanders says that now companies that were not even thinking of shipping jobs to Mexico are going to threaten to do so in order to get tax goodies.

You know, that is an interesting perspective, and may even have some merit. However it still does not bode well for the Dems. Here's why- The saying is perception is everything. If people perceive DT is savings their jobs it doesn't really matter if their job was never in danger. Worse yet for the Dems, giving tax incentives to corporations also helps him with the business world. Yeah, this could be a double whammy smoke screen for the Libs. I see now why Libs hate DT so much. He beats them at their own game.

• Banned

You know, that is an interesting perspective, and may even have some merit. However it still does not bode well for the Dems. Here's why- The saying is perception is everything. If people perceive DT is savings their jobs it doesn't really matter if their job was never in danger. Worse yet for the Dems, giving tax incentives to corporations also helps him with the business world. Yeah, this could be a double whammy smoke screen for the Libs. I see now why Libs hate DT so much. He beats them at their own game.
What about families whose jobs are not going to be saved ?

Barry spent their money on the bankrupt solar companies that the Rats owned. Go claw it out of their pockets.

With Trump at the helm and the mandate he has to work with, I would guess any company thinking of going overseas would have a big PR problem. Look for boycotts of their products.

Ask the Liberal pukes that question. They want companies to leave the U.S. because they want people to be dependent upon the government. They can't see further than their noses that when all the jobs leave, there won't be any taxpayers and the only money coming in to the IRS coffers will be the 35% taxes Trump will charge the companies to bring their goods back in to the U.S. Even at that people won't be able to afford to buy things because they won't have jobs. Liberals are very good at cutting off their own noses but the time has come to end that crap.

Ask the Liberal pukes that question. They want companies to leave the U.S. because they want people to be dependent upon the government. They can't see further than their noses that when all the jobs leave, there won't be any taxpayers and the only money coming in to the IRS coffers will be the 35% taxes Trump will charge the companies to bring their goods back in to the U.S. Even at that people won't be able to afford to buy things because they won't have jobs. Liberals are very good at cutting off their own noses but the time has come to end that crap.
Can you give me an estimate as to when Trump will implement this 35% tariff? will it be this year? any chance he is full of shit and was just promising nice-sounding things during the campaign?

Can you give me an estimate as to when Trump will implement this 35% tariff? will it be this year? any chance he is full of shit and was just promising nice-sounding things during the campaign?

Yes, there is that chance. It's called politics, and all canidates do it on both sides of the aisle.

We'll just have to wait and see won't we? I think Congress will work closely with Trump. Democreeps are changing their tune.

*YAWN*
Given that the federal corporate tax rate should be zero I don't see the problem.

Neither do I.

Frazier is just jealous. He wants a golden parachute. LOL
I'm not threatening to send jobs to Mexico though.
Apparently you are. You're bitching about doing something to reverse the flow of jobs to Mexico which would still be happening if you had your way.

*YAWN*
Given that the federal corporate tax rate should be zero I don't see the problem.

Neither do I.

Frazier is just jealous. He wants a golden parachute. LOL
I'm not threatening to send jobs to Mexico though.
Apparently you are. You're bitching about doing something to reverse the flow of jobs to Mexico which would still be happening if you had your way.
I don't own a company; therefore I am not threatening to send jobs to Mexico, Retardo.

So what? Do you own UT?
Why do they need a tax break? they bviously have shit loads of money to waste.
Money to waste? They were in the process of moving to Mexico to save money.
Money spent on a golden parachute is not money to waste? Go get smarter, then come back.
Guess what dumb ass. Companies are in business to make the shareholders rich. They can do that with American employees or Mexican ones. I suppose you're too fucking dumb to process that.

Clearly, you don't know what you are talking about. Let's break it down into dollars and cents:

Carrier is owned by United Technologies. United Technologies has a revenue of over 56 billion a year.

10% of that business goes to the United States government.That means the US does 5.6 billion in business with UTC a year.

Carrier has a revenue of 100 million a year. No mention of United Technologies Electronic Controls which is also in Indiana, has 700 jobs and is also moving to Mexico and is also owned by UTC.

Both plants are very profitable and pay their workers $23 an hour on average. But moving to Mexico, they could squeeze a tiny bit more money out of both those companies. So the Trump administration threatens the company, just a little, that maybe some of those 5.6 billion in government contracts might go someplace else.

Carrier revenue is less than 2% of the business UTC does with the federal government. Carrier, stay or go is still profitable. So Carrier stays.

UTC keeps it's 5.6 billion in government contracts. UTEC still moves it's 700 jobs to Mexico. Trump looks like a hero. Everyone is happy. And all it took was a little big government blackmail. Will it be that easy in the future?

Doubtful.

Those 700 from UTEC are already starting to protest. So is a thousand Trump's limit?

And Republicans hate government involved in business. How much more involved can you be beyond bribes and blackmail?

Oh, and did I mention, Carrier will probably now automate? Only the company is protected, NOT the jobs. Oops.

Forum List

Back