United Technologies gave former CEO a golden parachute as a gift

So what? Do you own UT?
Why do they need a tax break? they bviously have shit loads of money to waste.
Money to waste? They were in the process of moving to Mexico to save money.
Money spent on a golden parachute is not money to waste? Go get smarter, then come back.
Guess what dumb ass. Companies are in business to make the shareholders rich. They can do that with American employees or Mexican ones. I suppose you're too fucking dumb to process that.

He's not to bright and doesn't have a clue how business works.

Glad Trump does.

Today Bernie Sanders slams President-elect Donald Trump for giving tax cuts to a company that was not even on the verge of going bankrupt. In fact, just two years ago they gave a former CEO a golden parachute as a gift, worth $172 million dollars.
Sanders says that now companies that were not even thinking of shipping jobs to Mexico are going to threaten to do so in order to get tax goodies.
Bernie Sanders: Carrier just showed corporations how to beat Donald Trump

You know, that is an interesting perspective, and may even have some merit. However it still does not bode well for the Dems. Here's why- The saying is perception is everything. If people perceive DT is savings their jobs it doesn't really matter if their job was never in danger. Worse yet for the Dems, giving tax incentives to corporations also helps him with the business world. Yeah, this could be a double whammy smoke screen for the Libs. I see now why Libs hate DT so much. He beats them at their own game.
What about families whose jobs are not going to be saved ?
Ask the Liberal pukes that question. They want companies to leave the U.S. because they want people to be dependent upon the government. They can't see further than their noses that when all the jobs leave, there won't be any taxpayers and the only money coming in to the IRS coffers will be the 35% taxes Trump will charge the companies to bring their goods back in to the U.S. Even at that people won't be able to afford to buy things because they won't have jobs. Liberals are very good at cutting off their own noses but the time has come to end that crap.
Can you give me an estimate as to when Trump will implement this 35% tariff? will it be this year? any chance he is full of shit and was just promising nice-sounding things during the campaign?
You're right. he is full of shit and was just promising nice-sounding things during the campaign

So what? Do you own UT?
Money spent on a golden parachute is not money to waste? Go get smarter, then come back.
Guess what dumb ass. Companies are in business to make the shareholders rich. They can do that with American employees or Mexican ones. I suppose you're too fucking dumb to process that.

Glad Trump does.
You mean the guy with 400 lawsuits, an illegal foundation, 6 bankruptcies and a 19 out of `100 credit rating who lost a billion dollars in a single year? Oh yea.

Sanders says that now companies that were not even thinking of shipping jobs to Mexico are going to threaten to do so in order to get tax goodies.
*YAWN*
Given that the federal corporate tax rate should be zero I don't see the problem.

Zero might be too low. People mocked Herman Cain, but his 9-9-9 plan was spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Glad Trump does.
You mean the guy with 400 lawsuits, an illegal foundation, 6 bankruptcies and a 19 out of `100 credit rating who lost a billion dollars in a single year? Oh yea.

All business go through that dumbass. He's still a billionaire and one very successful businessman.

Your jealousy is showing loud and clear.

Take a few minutes, have a drink and relax. It will be better. Way better without Hillary in the WH.

Carry on dumbass. LOL

*YAWN*
Given that the federal corporate tax rate should be zero I don't see the problem.

Zero might be too low. People mocked Herman Cain, but his 9-9-9 plan was spot on!
Yeah sure, 9-9-9 is fine for corporations if you're attempting to run an accountant and lawyer employment program.

However if you're actually looking for something that will stimulate the private economy and benefit workers, shareholders and consumers getting rid of the entire federal corporate income tax code (i.e. ZERO rate) is the best way to go about it, after all corporate income taxes only account for approximately 11% of the federal tax revenues anyways and the costs to the economy are completely unjustified.

Last edited:
Wanna do something about waste and unfair taxes? Make all corporate salaries and bonuses public. Let the employees and stock holders see how much money these fat cats are making while giving employees a hard time over 50 cent raises.

Wanna do something about waste and unfair taxes? Make all corporate salaries and bonuses public. Let the employees and stock holders see how much money these fat cats are making while giving employees a hard time over 50 cent raises.
Ummm.. yeah, publicly traded companies in the United States are already required under SEC rules to disclose detailed information regarding the remuneration of their Directors and Senior Officers, or were you advocating public disclosure of ALL employee salaries? :rolleyes:

Funny, you folks cheered when your government funneled billions into bankrupt green energy scams. yeah, that was OK, right?

Ummm.. yeah, publicly traded companies in the United States are already required under SEC rules to disclose detailed information regarding the remuneration of their Directors and Senior Officers, or were you advocating public disclosure of ALL employee salaries? :rolleyes:

No, I want a fucking yearly publication put out that is obvious for anyone to look at and see, where they don't have to work hard to find it. Take for example in the state of Ohio, each year they print out in some of the papers the top 50 highest earning employees for the state of Ohio.

I want an actual publication dedicated to it. Not just for salaries, but for bonuses like this one.

I also think that any company getting tax breaks from the government should have to get bonuses like this one approved by the government that gave them the tax breaks before they can do it. That would put a quick stop to some of this senseless bull shit.

No, I want a fucking yearly publication put out that is obvious for anyone to look at and see, where they don't have to work hard to find it. Take for example in the state of Ohio, each year they print out in some of the papers the top 50 highest earning employees for the state of Ohio.

I want an actual publication dedicated to it. Not just for salaries, but for bonuses like this one.

I also think that any company getting tax breaks from the government should have to get bonuses like this one approved by the government that gave them the tax breaks before they can do it. That would put a quick stop to some of this senseless bull shit.
So you don't mind if thee government steps in and negotiates your job and salary for you?

Well, good news is what you want matters not. It's none of your business what a company pays it's employees. Jesus, get a life. Stop being such a moral busy-body.

So you don't mind if thee government steps in and negotiates your job and salary for you?

No, but like with the government bail out of the other industries, when a corporation gets a tax break like this, the government should decide if the CEO's get a huge bonus or not.

Well, good news is what you want matters not. It's none of your business what a company pays it's employees. Jesus, get a life. Stop being such a moral busy-body.

Funny thing... it's good that I don't give a rat's ass what your opinion is of me.

Today Bernie Sanders slams President-elect Donald Trump for giving tax cuts to a company that was not even on the verge of going bankrupt. In fact, just two years ago they gave a former CEO a golden parachute as a gift, worth $172 million dollars.

And that folks is the problem. Companies are going to use head fake blackmail in order to get more from us the Tax Payer WHILE AT THE SAME TIME paying their CEO's stupid money

Funny thing... it's good that I don't give a rat's ass what your opinion is of me.

If he didnt have personal opinions of people he doesnt know he couldnt post at all.

No, but like with the government bail out of the other industries, when a corporation gets a tax break like this, the government should decide if the CEO's get a huge bonus or not.
You do realize that whoever you work for is taking advantage of tax breaks right? So by your line of thinking the government should be running your life.

You know, that is an interesting perspective, and may even have some merit. However it still does not bode well for the Dems. Here's why- The saying is perception is everything. If people perceive DT is savings their jobs it doesn't really matter if their job was never in danger. Worse yet for the Dems, giving tax incentives to corporations also helps him with the business world. Yeah, this could be a double whammy smoke screen for the Libs. I see now why Libs hate DT so much. He beats them at their own game.
What about families whose jobs are not going to be saved ?

And what about the revenue shortfall, which gets transferred to the taxpayers or quietly turned into debt for future generations.

With less revenue, they'll also have to strip public services and hike transportation, waste and water costs.

This is why Trump said he wasn't going to do business the old way, which involved paying these corporate extortionists off with taxpayer money. To the contrary, Trump said he would play hardball and threaten deserters with a 35% tax to bring their products back in.

He did nothing of the sort.

Welcome to Trump University.

Last edited:

You do realize that whoever you work for is taking advantage of tax breaks right? So by your line of thinking the government should be running your life.

Any time a person gets some kind of welfare from the government there is some kind of restriction or oversight to it. So why should companies be allowed to get these same types of entitlements in the form of tax breaks, and then be able to sit in the ivory tower and give each reach-arounds in the forms of multi-million dollar gifts at the tax payer expense without some government oversight as well?

Forum List

Back