University of Wisconsin-Madison Students Protest Abraham Lincoln Statue Because ‘He Owned Slaves’

This shit has to stop.

Billions of people owned fucking slaves and by judging all of history before very recently we're fucking ourselves out of a lot. What's next? banning history all together? I am a liberal that believes in knowledge but these so called liberals appear not of the understanding that society had to eliminate such idiocy over thousands of years. Killing history and its movers is a good way towards forgetting the lessons learned.
You seem to be one of the saner of your ilk. Nevertheless, we are going to hang this idiocy on your political party. Every day one of your liberal lunatics come out with such nonsense. Normal people, including democrats on the ledge are deciding for themselves " do I want to side with these nutcases for the good of the democrat party or am I going to join with the people who are sane?"

In 2016 they sided with us. Donald J Trump, the least likely candidate won the hearts of the people and won the election. And 2020 is looking even better.

I do not believe Abe owned slaves. His wife did, but he never did.

Oh well...leftists never much cared to learn history, so they repeat it over and over and over.
Why on earth would you assume those students are leftists? Do you think only liberals go to college?

Nice deflection Esmeralda, but the fact is, in this story it's the alt-left that is making the claim Lincoln owned slaves.

Lincoln WAS a slave at one point.

Like I said, you would have to be an idiot to hire any college grad these days.

University of Wisconsin-Madison Students Protest Abraham Lincoln Statue Because ‘He Owned Slaves’
It looks like your source is an alt-right media outlet. It also, according to the article, states that the group is a Native American group. So, they may not be Republicans, but that doesn't mean they represent all Democrats. They have a view of history that may be influenced by poor internet sources, which is something that is affecting many, many right wing people. My point is that it is not a position of liberals or leftists that Lincoln owned slaves, so these kids were wrong, yes, but do not represent the left.

Forum List

Back