Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Correll,

The confederacy was not the United States. The south seceded from the union, formed its own country and got beat in a war. The only part of American history they share are with the other foreign countries that fought against the United States and lost. These should be no celebration of this. The confederacy was not American, what it stood for was even worse than what Nazi Germany did. But just like everything else, there are whites that want to force this shit on people.

If we subtracted the plethora of lies coming from Cory L -- this post would be easily 20 or 30 pages of comments, tops...

Hey folks, protect your heritage by putting up Confederate flags on every private land.

Your friend in Jersey.

Nobody objects to the right of someone to fly the Confederate Flag on private property. May prove they are an asshole, but they have the right.

The question here is can citizens in the State of Virginia decide they no longer want to celebrate Confederate holidays
The answer is....

Of course they can

Virginia eliminates holiday celebrating two Confederate generals

Dems in Virginia show their hatred for the constitution and the patriotic spirit of America by once again attacking the Confederacy...This time they do it not be taking down a statue, or changing a state flag, they do it by eliminating perhaps the greatest American holiday aside from Independence Day and American Jesus' birthday....and that is....Confederate Day...

"The Virginia House passed a bill that would eliminate a holiday celebrating two Confederate leaders and instead make Election Day a state holiday. Lee-Jackson Day honored Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson...Now, Virginia will no longer observe Lee-Jackson Day as a state holiday, but they won't be one holiday short. Election day, which takes place nationwide on the first Tuesday in November, will become a state holiday, WTVR reports."

WTF?? A holiday for elections?? Once again, the party of slavery shows its ugly face..First you dems lost the Civil War and you lost your slaves...and even today, you Dems are losing more slaves (As in blacks) -- since they are leaving the Democrat plantation and voting for Trump.....and when blacks find out about Confederate Day being eliminated for Election Day -- I anticipate even more of them will be outraged and join the republican party in protest...

So now out of desperation, you want to dishonor the legacy of the 2 greatest abolitionist Democrats ever by doing something like this? Just to make it easier for more people (and by more people, I mean illegals and muslims) to vote in future elections by making election day a freaking holiday??

Remember this face....this is the America hating black racist that crafted this bill...State Senator Louise Lucas......This is the proof that the Democrat party, the party of slavery, the party against American values continues to attack and erase the very thing that made America great -- the Confederacy...
View attachment 305328

Never forget the role Nikki Haley played in this cultural genocide.

This is what communists do the world over.

3B650F79-BA97-41AC-99B6-E635DBA53308.jpeg

Dems in Virginia show their hatred for the constitution and the patriotic spirit of America by once again attacking the Confederacy...This time they do it not be taking down a statue, or changing a state flag, they do it by eliminating perhaps the greatest American holiday aside from Independence Day and American Jesus' birthday....and that is....Confederate Day...

"The Virginia House passed a bill that would eliminate a holiday celebrating two Confederate leaders and instead make Election Day a state holiday. Lee-Jackson Day honored Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson...Now, Virginia will no longer observe Lee-Jackson Day as a state holiday, but they won't be one holiday short. Election day, which takes place nationwide on the first Tuesday in November, will become a state holiday, WTVR reports."

WTF?? A holiday for elections?? Once again, the party of slavery shows its ugly face..First you dems lost the Civil War and you lost your slaves...and even today, you Dems are losing more slaves (As in blacks) -- since they are leaving the Democrat plantation and voting for Trump.....and when blacks find out about Confederate Day being eliminated for Election Day -- I anticipate even more of them will be outraged and join the republican party in protest...

So now out of desperation, you want to dishonor the legacy of the 2 greatest abolitionist Democrats ever by doing something like this? Just to make it easier for more people (and by more people, I mean illegals and muslims) to vote in future elections by making election day a freaking holiday??

Remember this face....this is the America hating black racist that crafted this bill...State Senator Louise Lucas......This is the proof that the Democrat party, the party of slavery, the party against American values continues to attack and erase the very thing that made America great -- the Confederacy...
View attachment 305328

There was no cultural genocide.

View attachment 305328

First off, it wasn't cultural genocide..

second...Trumpers like yourself will gladly forget what Nikki did as soon as she becomes the nominee in 2024....

It is a history of hate and disgrace
And the democratic [sic] party.

Once again --- the Confederacy never had any political parties.

There's nothing you can do about that.

The first Confederate President was Jefferson Davis. His Vice-President was Alexander Stephens. Both were Democrats in U.S Congress. His Secretary of State was Robert Toombs, Democrat. His second Secretary of State was Robert M. T. Hunter, who was U.S. Congressman and U.S. Senator before civil war, also Democrat.

You may claim there were no political parties in Confederacy, byt mostly all politicians were from Democrat party before the Civil war. In fact, about 1/3 of Confederate Congress were Democratic legislators while U.S Congress. And after Civil war, guess what party was again dominant in South? Democrat.

You may scream your lungs out, but there is nothing you can do about it, because it's truth.
And they gave up their party affiliation in order to keep their "pecular institution"......just like Southerners in the 1960s gave up their Democrat party affiliation to go Republican in order to hang on to their racism.

1581780036648.jpg

They remained Democrats, they just put pause on politics until after Civil War.

There is no "switch" in 1960 as you wish to portray. Otherwise you won't have problem to name just five racist Democrats who left Democratic party to join Republicans. I asked this several times in this thread, and you lefties somehow always managed to ignore it... I'll help you with first name, you will in the blanks.
1. Strom Thurmond
I didn't say 1960...I said the 1960s....particularly after the Civil Rights Act was passed. As for racist Democrats who became Republicans, here:

1. Strom Thurmond
2. Jesse Helms
3. Phil Gramm
4. Bill Brock

Let me get this straight, I am against honoring men who enslaved, maimed, raped, brutalized, lynched and murdered black folks and it is hate.

You on the other hand you want to honor these men and you are doing it out of love.

Smfh.

I'm surprised that I even considering to reply to intellectual midget such as yourself, so let me get this straight.

To Democrats, removing Confederate statues is about racism. At least, that is the assumption, because what monument means to you, doesn't mean to everyone else. Democrats demand that negative periods of our history should be erased, and that losing side in Civil War should not have right to mourn its dead. What they actually demanding is that negative periods of THEIR history is erased.

Democrats don't want anyone to remember what THEY did in their past, and in their attempts to change the history and erase THEIR past they're becoming hysterical, they tuned into angry mob that they are. They act the same way ISIS did, or Talibans, they destroy anything they don't like, they rewrite history to exclude all the pieces they don't like.

Why do we remind ourselves about great battles every year, like Gettysburg, Shiloh, Chickamauga, Bull Run... are we going to stop doing that too? You lefties keep praising FDR (who was IMO one of the greatest failure), but let's see what he said about commemorating past: "They are brought here by the memories of old divided loyalties, but they meet here in united loyalty to a united cause which the unfolding years have made it easier to see. All of them we honor, not asking under which flag they fought then—thankful that they stand together under one flag now."

Or Eisenhower, who retired to a farm in Gettysburg: "That war was America’s most tragic experience. But like most truly great tragedies, it carries with it an enduring lesson and a profound inspiration. It was a demonstration of heroism and sacrifice by men and women of both sides who valued principle above life itself and whose devotion to duty is a part of our nation’s noblest tradition."

All you lefties have is HATE, for everything and everyone who stands in your way. Nobody, including those who have no connection to South, had a problem with monuments for over 150 years, and just now... leftists have this urge to invoke their racial agenda, to provoke the reaction from all those who were at peace with the past.

Yes. Neither of us are confused about that. So, please stop discussing it.

You made a point about TODAY'S blacks.

I asked you why they are more important than the rest of the nation and why they are not bound by the principles of multiculturalism.
The people of Virginia have spoken

They don’t want a Confederate Holiday

Yes, a majority of the people, driven primarily as you stated, by modern blacks.

I ask again, since you brought it up.

why they are more important than the rest of the nation and why they are not bound by the principles of multiculturalism?
You really don’t understand how a Democracy works

Democracy, where?

Where the majority gets to trample the rights of the minority. That is what RW wants. Especially for when whites become the minority. He has this plan.
Or, in the case of Trump, the minority gets to trample on the rights of the majority

Southern culture is NOT a 4 year period where slave owners started a war they couldn't win. And yet, that's what you want the sum total to be....and you want to "celebrate" it.

"slave owners" = Democrats.

I fixed it for you.
Southern Conservatives

They did not called themselves Southern Conservatives back then, did they?

They called themselves Democrats.
Then Dixiecrats...to set themselves apart. But they were con-servatives.

Civil War was fought in an era of duty, honor, and respect for warriors who, were fellow Americans. Communitst influence came later. Communitst demand revisionist history in order to destroy our way of life.

Perhaps they should have demanded proper spelling and subject number instead.

Revisionist history is exactly what all this is about, for who controls the Past controls the Future. And the Lost Cause Cult taught George Orwell everything he needed to know about that.

Only revisionists here are you lefties. History is already written, and we were all at peace with it for 5 generations, until you lefties realize that your whole history is not something you could be proud with, so you're trying to change it.

History teaches us that Democrats are party of slavery, party of Jim Crow law, party of KKK, party of segregation, party of lynching laws, party that opposed 13th, 14th and 15th amendments, party that opposed civil rights. You CAN'T erase that. You own it.

That's interesting since I've already taught you that that's bullshit.

Slavery went on, strictly limited to transAtlantic slavery and strictly limited to North America, for three hundred years before the Democratic Party existed. NOBOBDY, as in NOT A SINGLE PERSON, ever needed ANY political party to own or trade slaves, EVER. The KKK I've already schooled your ass on and have never been refuted because I know my shit and you don't. Not sure where you're going with "lynching laws" but it oughta be interesting. And finally, what I "OWN" is history books. And you do not get to rewrite them, I don't give a flying fuck how much you wish you could. You can't.

You thought me something?

No, Democrats did not invented slavery. They accepted it with open arms, and they fought for it, and tried to preserve it. When they lost, they used legislature and force (KKK) to keep their supremacy in the south, and yes, majority of them were - Democrats.

Nobody needed political party to own the slave, that's true. Except, when slave owners affiliate themselves with one party, and those who oppose slavery join the party that wants to abolish slavery, the picture is clear. Democrats supported slavery, Republicans opposed it since the establishment of the party.

You think you're only who "own" history books? Did you, at least, read any of them? List some of the titles you use to present your "knowledge".

And what time period are you referring to?
Since its inception by [ex]-slave owners until present day, they are also the only party to use nuclear weapons on fellow humans and intern U.S. citizens in concentration camps and they owe reparations, all of which they like to pretend everyone else shares their guilt in.

Party affiliation has nothing to do with use of nuclear weapons in WWII.

Correct. Just as it had nothing to do with slavery.

Having it both ways ---- Priceless.

That's not what I said. My comment is strictly about nuclear weapons.

Slavery was always tied to one party. Democrats supported it, defended it, fought for it, tried to preserve it in other forms thru laws they passed. It has everything to do with Democrats.

And what time period are you referring to?
Since its inception by [ex]-slave owners until present day, they are also the only party to use nuclear weapons on fellow humans and intern U.S. citizens in concentration camps and they owe reparations, all of which they like to pretend everyone else shares their guilt in.
Have Republicans ever opposed the use of nuclear weapons or the internment of Japanese?

Some did, but they were outnumbered. Senator Taft of Ohio and Governor Carr of Colorado were leading the opposition, without much of support. FDR, although winning war, was one of the worst US presidents of all time, but that is another story for another thread.
Very, very few Americans and even the Supreme Court objected to the internment of Japanese

After Pearl Harbor, Japanese Americans were seen as a security threat

Canada did the same thing, Japanese plus Germans and Italians.

Oh, Canada did it, so it's OK.

We're not talking about Canada here. Just because they did it, doesn't justify why we did it. Canada doesn't have the Constitution that protect their liberties the way we do ours.

Because you are hating good people who have done none of that, and merely want to celebrate their regional culture and heritage.

Celebrate all they want, but the rest of us don't have to pay for it.

THe part where you hate them? That is you being hateful.

Did I make that clear enough for you?

No, explain it too me.

That you have your reasons or excuses for your hate, does not make it, not hate. You still hate them.

It's not hate, it's REMEMBERANCE.

No, what you are doing, is hate. And you know it.

Let me get this straight, I am against honoring men who enslaved, maimed, raped, brutalized, lynched and murdered black folks and it is hate.

You on the other hand you want to honor these men and you are doing it out of love.

Smfh.

Your spin is noted. What you are doing is not allowing Southerns to celebrate some aspects of their ancestors, and not others. This is a standard you only apply to them. Anyone else, you do not do this to.

That is hate and racism on your part. You saying "black" does not change that, you racist.

The spinner is yourself. Racist Southerners like you can celebrate all you want, I just don't think the celebration should be paid for with taxpayer dollars. I've been listening to the bullshit you are spinning and it stinks, do you really think most Americans are going to celebrate these racist traitors.

You did an excellent job of restating your position. Not that anyone doesn't understand it or get it.

What you did not do, was address my point.

What you are doing is not allowing Southerns to celebrate some aspects of their ancestors, and not others. This is a standard you only apply to them. Anyone else, you do not do this to.

That is hate and racism on your part. Your saying the word "racism" does not change that.

Forum List

Back