Up until 1913.

I favor disbanding the federal government for sure but seeing how that won't happen voluntarily...I would just privatize everything that needs done...I am not sure what it should be replaced with...national sales tax hurts low income people like myself.

I think intelligent consideration of the outcome of what you propose hurts the low intellect that you display.

I favor disbanding the federal government for sure but seeing how that won't happen voluntarily...I would just privatize everything that needs done...I am not sure what it should be replaced with...national sales tax hurts low income people like myself.

I think intelligent consideration of the outcome of what you propose hurts the low intellect that you display.

The outcome would be freedom and prosperity.

The book "1913" was written by Oliver DeMille and Orrin Woodward. You can find it on Amazon.com

Personally, I'm in favor of the Fair Tax (also a book). The next system of taxation needs to at least START by being devoid of special interest exemptions (yes, even if those special interests are poor people.)

So what is you point? That we shouldn't have income or payroll taxes? If so, I agree. These taxes hamper the accumulation of wealth but give a free pass to those who already have it. The question is what to replace it with. Unless you want to disband the federal government, some revenue mechanism will still be needed. Would you favor a national sales tax instead?

The withholding tax on wages was first levied pursaunt to FDR's "Victory" Tax (1942) which was a direct war tax that could only be levied for 2 years.

But as per usual criminally corrupt politicians "forgot" to remove it.

Obviously the federal government existed and functioned before 1913, so why do you assume it needs to be replaced?

HUH?

Yes, indeed the federal government functioned before 1913. I also agree that BOTH taxes ought to be repealed.

ALL taxes collected by the government should be taxes on consumption, paid equally, by everybody.

Imagine all the incompetent and non-productive IRS drones working for a living, doing something useful!

ALL taxes collected by the government should be taxes on consumption, paid equally, by everybody.

Imagine all the incompetent and non-productive IRS drones working for a living, doing something useful!

BINGO!!!!!!!

Liberals will never go for it, why?

They would have to explain to EVERYONE why a tax increase was needed AND they couldnt pit groups of people against each other, which is all they have in their quiver.

Taxes on consumption are not fair or equitable. Since the poor spend every dollar they have, they will be paying a disproporation share of their income in taxes.

What is fair is a flat tax with no deductions and no loopholes. Everyone pays 10% of their gross income right across the board. But the rich never go for that one because they lose all of their deductions and those wealthy individuals and corporations (yes Monsanto, we mean you) who pay no tax on income, would have to pony up.

994214_152314848290400_1246916161_n_zps1851435f.jpg

Yep...so lets hear the arguments now...statists.

A large amount of federal revenue was alcohol tax.

Consumption taxes are very regressive. The poorest people end up paying the highest percentage of their income in taxes.

I'd support a .5% transaction tax replacing the income tax, but there's nothing "fair" about the so-called "fair tax".

994214_152314848290400_1246916161_n_zps1851435f.jpg

Yep...so lets hear the arguments now...statists.

The US Military (including the Marines) kicked the Brits across the Atlantic in 1812. I'd call that a victory. The "draw" happened in 1952 when a possibly demented commanding general sent the US Military into the biggest ambush in history. If it wasn't for the Marines the Korean Conflict would have ended worse than a truce.

Consumption taxes are very regressive. The poorest people end up paying the highest percentage of their income in taxes.

I'd support a .5% transaction tax replacing the income tax, but there's nothing "fair" about the so-called "fair tax".

You obviously don't know what it is.

I can tell you in 1913 welfare reciepients wouldn't live better than our great soldiers or do without a nice swim on the fourth of july. Also i'm positive the president wouldn't be taking expensive vacations while letting our great soldiers suffer. I'm also positive he wouldn't put free birth control and gay marrige before fixing a horrible economy, but we are talking aout the liberal agenda at work.

I can tell you in 1913 welfare reciepients wouldn't live better than our great soldiers or do without a nice swim on the fourth of july. Also i'm positive the president wouldn't be taking expensive vacations while letting our great soldiers suffer. I'm also positive he wouldn't put free birth control and gay marrige before fixing a horrible economy, but we are talking aout the liberal agenda at work.

Actually, until 1929 the government never tried to fix the economy. Politicians didn't view the economy as something the government should get involved in.

The US Military (including the Marines) kicked the Brits across the Atlantic in 1812. I'd call that a victory. The "draw" happened in 1952 when a possibly demented commanding general sent the US Military into the biggest ambush in history. If it wasn't for the Marines the Korean Conflict would have ended worse than a truce.

Canadians consider the War of 1812 a victory. We burned down the White House. You were driven out of Canada and haven't tried to invade since then.

Yeah. Privatizing things.

How did that work out in the Iraq war with Haliburton?

100hamburger.jpg

Actually, until 1929 the government never tried to fix the economy. Politicians didn't view the economy as something the government should get involved in.

Right. And then they realized if they didn't fix the economy, people who demand someone who WOULD, like they did in Germany and Italy and Russia.

As much as the rich whine about the welfare state and big government, they are probably the biggest beneficiaries of it.

do you favor disbanding STATE AND LOCAL governments, too?

If not how do THEY pay for themselves?

I've always been in favor for the Income Flat Tax. One rate for all, file your taxes on a post card and be done with it.

This would allow the IRS to be CUT DRAMATICALLY. This would end all loop holes. And it would make taxation UNIFORM across the land.

Simple, Easy, and gets rid of the THOUSANDS of pages of Tax Laws on the books.

Forum List

Back