Up until 1913.

I've always been in favor for the Income Flat Tax. One rate for all, file your taxes on a post card and be done with it.

This would allow the IRS to be CUT DRAMATICALLY. This would end all loop holes. And it would make taxation UNIFORM across the land.

Simple, Easy, and gets rid of the THOUSANDS of pages of Tax Laws on the books.

The problem with the flat income tax is that we still have an income tax. Congress can un-flatten it and make exceptions to it (loopholes) anytime it wants to, and then we are right back where we started. The only way to get out of this mess permanently is to repeal the 16th Amendment and pass the FAIR tax.

I favor disbanding the federal government for sure but seeing how that won't happen voluntarily...I would just privatize everything that needs done...I am not sure what it should be replaced with...national sales tax hurts low income people like myself.

Yeah. Privatizing things.

How did that work out in the Iraq war with Haliburton?

100hamburger.jpg

That wasn't privatisation, that was a government granted monopoly and yielded the expected results, as in the example provided, of a government granted monopoly.

Last edited:
I can tell you in 1913 welfare reciepients wouldn't live better than our great soldiers or do without a nice swim on the fourth of july. Also i'm positive the president wouldn't be taking expensive vacations while letting our great soldiers suffer. I'm also positive he wouldn't put free birth control and gay marrige before fixing a horrible economy, but we are talking aout the liberal agenda at work.

Actually, until 1929 the government never tried to fix the economy. Politicians didn't view the economy as something the government should get involved in.

Right. And then they realized if they didn't fix the economy, people who demand someone who WOULD, like they did in Germany and Italy and Russia.

And then we got someone exactly like the leaders they installed in German, Italy and Russia.

As much as the rich whine about the welfare state and big government, they are probably the biggest beneficiaries of it.

Everyone suffers because of the welfare state and big government.

I've always been in favor for the Income Flat Tax. One rate for all, file your taxes on a post card and be done with it.

This would allow the IRS to be CUT DRAMATICALLY. This would end all loop holes. And it would make taxation UNIFORM across the land.

Simple, Easy, and gets rid of the THOUSANDS of pages of Tax Laws on the books.

Congress would put them all back into the tax code within a few years.

All these folks yearning for the "good old days" really have very little clue about what real life was like back in the "good old days."

Work 12 to 16 hours a day, six days a week in a death-trap of a workplace....
Women can't vote
Blacks can't use "public" accomodations

The only people these days were good for were the rich, white, Christian men.
We tried it - we didn't like it.
Get over it.

There was an income tax during the Civil War. Tariffs by the US govt.on imported goods was a tax on the American consumer.

yes thats right and they were, as you you inferred ( consciously or not) they were temporary...

and here is the key-

The incomes of couples exceeding $4,000, as well as those of single persons earning $3,000 or more, were subject to a one percent federal tax.[5] Further, the measure provided a progressive tax structure, meaning that high income earners were required to pay at higher rates.

It would require only a few years for the federal income tax to become the chief source of income for the government, far outdistancing tariff revenues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_Act_of_1913

the problem with all that? Once the gov. and I mean the house especially, started to taste the money , they spent it and wanted more, it just took enough time to understand how, and ratchet up their reach by enacting a tax code thats how many pages now?

And it still wasn't enough Roosevelt turned up the heat on marginal rates that less than 3000 people in the country would reach and, even then 30 years later they were at it again when they created the Alternative Minimum Tax, while marginal rates were 70% btw .....and they fucked that up to by not indexing it correctly (even if you believed it was a good bill).

The world of politics had another young player in the region and it was named the USofA. It costs money to throw your arms out into the world for control, and it has to come from some where.
Roads yes, all dirt, unless you lived in the city and it was paved with bricks and that was usually only the down town area.By the way, it was the truck freight hauling industry that wanted the interstate highway system. Even in Rome they made roads of stone for faster deployment of the military and for goods.
Yes the US also won the 1848 Opium War in which our govt forced China to buy opium by holding islands of theirs as ransom. Why? To deplete their gold reserve, so it's 9 wars they won. Did they include the 100 years Indian war in which they took their lands away from those that had lived there before, yes our Christian, God fearing ancestors were soo nice and humble in their pillage.

Railroads were built by private companies that the US loaned money to or they sold bonds, but it was not all done with their own money. Why?transportation of military and goods.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back