US 30th best

Yup, republicans claim we live in the greatest nation on Earth and apparently feel the need to 'fix that'.

You mean Obama didn't intend to "fix" anything when he said he was going to "fundamentally transform this nation?"

This nation has already been fundamentally transformed by 30 years of neoliberal policy. Obama appealed to those of us who would like to undo that catastrophic transformation. I had always wondered whether he actually could do it but at this point, I don't think he's even interested in giving it more than lip service. He's owned by the same moneyed interests that brought us GWB and would like to have brought us Romney. He's just slightly less overtly evil.

Yup, republicans claim we live in the greatest nation on Earth and apparently feel the need to 'fix that'.

You mean Obama didn't intend to "fix" anything when he said he was going to "fundamentally transform this nation?"

This nation has already been fundamentally transformed by 30 years of neoliberal policy. Obama appealed to those of us who would like to undo that catastrophic transformation. I had always wondered whether he actually could do it but at this point, I don't think he's even interested in giving it more than lip service. He's owned by the same moneyed interests that brought us GWB and would like to have brought us Romney. He's just slightly less overtly evil.

You're delusional if you think there's anything "neoliberal" about the last 30 years or that Obama isn't a liberal. Obama himself stated he intend to "fix" this country. Most Americans have had their fill of his "fixes."

You're delusional if you think there's anything "neoliberal" about the last 30 years or that Obama isn't a liberal. Obama himself stated he intend to "fix" this country. Most Americans have had their fill of his "fixes."

I don't think you understand the definition of 'neoliberal' (it doesn't mean liberal).

Definition of 'Neoliberalism':

An approach to economics and social studies in which control of economic factors is shifted from the public sector to the private sector. Drawing upon principles of neoclassical economics, neoliberalism suggests that governments reduce deficit spending, limit subsidies, reform tax law to broaden the tax base, remove fixed exchange rates, open up markets to trade by limiting protectionism, privatize state-run businesses, allow private property and back deregulation.

If you think Obama is liberal in actions rather than words, you haven't been paying much attention.

Last edited:

I don't think you understand the definition of 'neoliberal' (it doesn't mean liberal).

An approach to economics and social studies in which control of economic factors is shifted from the public sector to the private sector. Drawing upon principles of neoclassical economics, neoliberalism suggests that governments reduce deficit spending, limit subsidies, reform tax law to broaden the tax base, remove fixed exchange rates, open up markets to trade by limiting protectionism, privatize state-run businesses, allow private property and back deregulation.

If you think Obama is liberal in actions rather than words, you haven't been paying much attention.

In other words, taxes and government spending are higher than they have ever been, so there's hardly anything "neoliberal" about economic policy for the last 30 years. Obama is a liberal in every sense of the word. In fact, he's a communist, just like you.

In other words, taxes and government spending are higher than they have ever been, so there's hardly anything "neoliberal" about economic policy for the last 30 years. Obama is a liberal in every sense of the word. In fact, he's a communist, just like you.

Spending might be high but taxes are as low or lower than they've ever been in that time.

Oh, and I'm a communist huh? Why don't you turn off Faux Noise while you still have a shred of a brain.

Do you suffer from chronic head up your ass syndrome or-----or do you enjoy it? --- Federal tax revenue as a percentage of gross domestic product is at its lowest level in more than 60 years.

Countries with the highest tax revenue as a percentage of GDP are also, for the most part, the same countries that, according to "The Economist" et al, are also the friendliest places in the world for children.

List of countries by tax revenue as percentage of GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Based on that definition we have not had 30 years of neo liberal policy.

No, it's been a slow decent into hell, ala the frog-in-boiling-water.

Professor Hutchison says: "The legend is entirely incorrect! The 'critical thermal maxima' of many species of frogs have been determined by several investigators. In this procedure, the water in which a frog is submerged is heated gradually at about 2°F per minute. As the temperature of the water is gradually increased, the frog will eventually become more and more active in attempts to escape the heated water. If the container size and opening allow the frog to jump out, it will do so."

So real-life experiments show that the frog-in-boiling-water story is wrong.
DrKarl.com :: Boiling Frog Part 2

Just sayin'

Do you suffer from chronic head up your ass syndrome or-----or do you enjoy it? --- Federal tax revenue as a percentage of gross domestic product is at its lowest level in more than 60 years.

Countries with the highest tax revenue as a percentage of GDP are also, for the most part, the same countries that, according to "The Economist" et al, are also the friendliest places in the world for children.

List of countries by tax revenue as percentage of GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No kidding. Perhaps it is because those ‘studies’ use that as the single largest demarcation of how the countries are stacked. No, they don’t use that stat specifically but they rate all the liberal talking points like universal HC. Essentially, what is the best country to be a single mother with no job and no income or money to speak of.

Personally, I don’t care. Nor do I care about national statistics in that light anyway. There is a major difference in raising my children in my current neighborhood or downtown Detroit/LA/some other cesspool. Here is the best place to raise my children, I am convinced of that partially because I have been to many of those countries and can tell you I have no desire to live under those conditions and partially because I know what we have that you are not going to find in other nations. Sorry if that does not fit into your preconceived notions but your ‘study’ is pure bullshit. There is no way to measure the ‘best’ place to live – that largely depends on the individual.

Makes one wonder why there are millions so desperate to get here then don't it?
If you ever travelled you'd see that most people don't desire to move to the US. They're very happy where they are.

Denmark Is Happiest Country, U.S. Misses Top 10 | LifesLittleMysteries.com

That's why Denmark has an illegal immigration problem similar to the US?
Fail.
I guess Denmark doesn't allow their rich people to hire illegals ... it's all too common here.

Forum List

Back