US EXPELS 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds.

Who could possibly imagine anyone being skeptical about the veracity of an anonymous secret report that can't be verified.
If you bothered to look at the report, you would see two seals at the top, FBI and Homeland Security. I suppose you consider these organizations lacking in any creditably. You will also see at the end of the report who to contact with questions.

What do you suppose is the meaning of the disclaimer: "As Is" For Informational Purposes Only. ?
It appears to be same disclaimer on all JAR's. Since this like most JAR's contain mostly recommendations on security as well as product names, such a disclaimer seems reasonable.
If President Obama has no evidence that he can make public then why say anything at all? This whole thing looks like it's motivated by petty domestic political considerations. It would certainly be more compelling if he could do something like this.

The more information released the more difficult it would be for Trump to bury it.

I think the question no one seems to be asking is why is Trump trying to make an ally out of Putin? Russia has little interest in trade deals with the US. They are not a major trading partner. In fact, we share very little common interest with Russia except nuclear arms reduction. Their goals in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asian are just about the opposite on ours.

Political, Trump own party is more closely aligned with Obama's actions toward Russian. In fact, the biggest complaint about Obama's foreign policy is his lack of retaliation in response to Russian aggression. Which brings up another question, at a time when Trump is going to be asking congress for a slew of confirmations of appointments, help with immigration and his wall, tax cuts, spending increases and a dozen other domestic issues, why is he setting himself up for a battle with his own party in congress over Russia?

The fact that the Russians have thousands of nuclear weapons pointed at us should be more than reason enough to seek a better relationship with them. I think politicians who use this incident to increase tensions for their own petty political purposes should be arrested and shot as traitors.

Who could possibly imagine anyone being skeptical about the veracity of an anonymous secret report that can't be verified.
If you bothered to look at the report, you would see two seals at the top, FBI and Homeland Security. I suppose you consider these organizations lacking in any creditably. You will also see at the end of the report who to contact with questions.

What do you suppose is the meaning of the disclaimer: "As Is" For Informational Purposes Only. ?
It appears to be same disclaimer on all JAR's. Since this like most JAR's contain mostly recommendations on security as well as product names, such a disclaimer seems reasonable.
If President Obama has no evidence that he can make public then why say anything at all? This whole thing looks like it's motivated by petty domestic political considerations. It would certainly be more compelling if he could do something like this.

The more information released the more difficult it would be for Trump to bury it.

I think the question no one seems to be asking is why is Trump trying to make an ally out of Putin? Russia has little interest in trade deals with the US. They are not a major trading partner. In fact, we share very little common interest with Russia except nuclear arms reduction. Their goals in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asian are just about the opposite on ours.

Political, Trump own party is more closely aligned with Obama's actions toward Russian. In fact, the biggest complaint about Obama's foreign policy is his lack of retaliation in response to Russian aggression. Which brings up another question, at a time when Trump is going to be asking congress for a slew of confirmations of appointments, help with immigration and his wall, tax cuts, spending increases and a dozen other domestic issues, why is he setting himself up for a battle with his own party in congress over Russia?

China

You mean the malware I have repeatedly posted the link where it is available to download? That malware oreo? Yes, I'm quite sure it's been used in hundreds of thousands of hacks all over the planet.

Do you think that if the Russian government was creating a Malware for use in their espionage, they would throw it up on the web for white hackers to de-compile and add to their anti-virus definitions? I'm afraid I'm not that stupid.

Even /if/ you believe that level of stupid, when something is available to download via GOOGLE (aka how we found out it was PAS 3.1.0) that means that almost anyone could then use it to hack anyone else, military or civilian, North Korean, Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, American, European, Middle East, /anyone/ on the planet could be using it.

In order to tie the /specific/ attacks to Russia one would have to show some evidence that it was used at least from the country. Our stupid government can't even do that in their "evidence"! The US Government's OWN REPORT INDICATES OTHER COUNTRIES: ~ GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity

This is their CVS File on Indicators (aka "The JAR package offers technical details regarding the tools and infrastructure used by Russian civilian and military intelligence services (RIS). Accompanying CSV and STIX format files of the indicators are available here:

GRIZZLY STEPPE Indicators (CSV)")

Here are screenshots of the first three pages worth of IPs and their countries of origin in the CSV file OUR GOVERNMENT put out which shows pretty much every country on the planet, (if you have MS Excel or a text editor I encourage you to look at it yourself and verify it. [to view it with text you'd have to "open with" a text editor; notepad or similar])

2Qxk1u2.png
tak3ZsA.png
JNJ4FGM.png

Again, see - US Govt Data Shows Russia Used Outdated Ukrainian PHP Malware

DHS provided us with 876 IP addresses as part of the package of indicators of compromise. [aka the CSV I showed some of above] Lets look at where they are located. The chart below shows the distribution of IP addresses by country.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-30-at-3.18.56-AM.png

As you can see they are globally distributed with most of them in the USA.

Lets look at who the top ISP’s are who own the IP addresses:

Screen-Shot-2016-12-30-at-3.23.29-AM.png

There are several hosting companies in the mix including OVH SAS, Digital Ocean, Linode and Hetzner. These are hosting companies that provide low cost hosting to WordPress customers and customers who use other PHP applications. A common pattern that we see in the industry is that accounts at these hosts are compromised and those hacked sites are used to launch attacks around the web.

Out of the 876 IP addresses that DHS provided, 134 or about 15% are Tor exit nodes, based on a reverse DNS lookup that we did on each IP address. These are anonymous gateways that are used by anyone using the Tor anonymous browsing service.

https://www.wordfence.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Screen-Shot-2016-12-30-at-3.41.37-AM.png

---

Do you not understand TOR? - Tor Project: Overview

Tor helps to reduce the risks of both simple and sophisticated traffic analysis by distributing your transactions over several places on the Internet, so no single point can link you to your destination. The idea is similar to using a twisty, hard-to-follow route in order to throw off somebody who is tailing you — and then periodically erasing your footprints. Instead of taking a direct route from source to destination, data packets on the Tor network take a random pathway through several relays that cover your tracks so no observer at any single point can tell where the data came from or where it's going.

Do you not understand IP masking? - How to Hide Your IP Address - 3 Easy Ways

Top 4 reasons why people want to hide their IP address:

Hide their geographical location
Prevent Web tracking
Avoid leaving a digital footprint

Bypass any bans or blacklisting of their IP address

Do you not understand virtual IPs? - Virtual IP address - Wikipedia

A virtual IP address (VIP or VIPA) is an IP address that doesn't correspond to an actual physical network interface (port). Uses for VIPs include network address translation (especially, one-to-many NAT), fault-tolerance, and mobility.

See also -
Tor - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Ip Mask - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Virtual Ip - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

You can babble on all day long--but 17 intelligence agencies, including the CIA, the FBI--Republican senate committee members are ALL stating these hacks came from Russia. They have identified it has installed into the DNC as Grissley Steepe. They have found it again in a power plant in Vermont and have sent out a 13 page report on it, signed off by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security.

The New York Times reported before Obama kicked them out that Russian diplomats were in contact with the Trump campaign.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/europe/trump-campaign-russia.html?_r=0

i have a brother-in-law that works at a major power plant. We have military bases all over the place, including NORAD and their biggest fear are the Russians who are continually trying to hack into their databases.

Trump has conflicts of interest coming out of every door, including Russia & China. He has praised Putin throughout this campain. The Kremlin broke out the champagne bottles on the announcement of his win.
Trump's Hotels In China Could Be A Conflict For The President-Elect
Donald Trump's Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia
US election 2016: Why Russia is celebrating Trump win - BBC News

Now you and Comrade Trump's phyco-babble interpreters can do all you want to support this ASS clown as Commander and Chief, who has refused to attend National Security briefings that are held every morning at 9 a.m. but it won't be long before you're standing alone.

I know that 17 intelligence agencies, Republican Senators, the CIA, FBI, the Department of Homeland security along with Barack Obama are not going to fucking kick Putin in the teeth for no dam reason, dumbass.

15747741_232568517195579_1117971243778565828_n.jpg

This is NOT some 400 lb. fat guy sitting on his bed doing this. It is a FELONY in this country to hack into private or public computer databases that comes with PRISON TIME.
Russian hack almost brought the U.S. military to its knees
I wonder who'd be dumb enough to believe that seventeen intelligence agencies investigated an e-mail hack?
Obama did not claim seventeen intelligence agencies investigated an email hack? Clinton said 17 agencies confirmed the Russian hack. There are 16 security agencies within Homeland Security. The JAR was jointly issued by Homeland Security and the FBI. That's where the number 17 comes from. Most probably all investigation was done by NCCIC (National Cybersecurity & Communication Integration Center in Homeland Security, the FBI, and possibility the CIA and NSA. If the other agencies were involved, it was probably just a review of the investigation.

You mean the malware I have repeatedly posted the link where it is available to download? That malware oreo? Yes, I'm quite sure it's been used in hundreds of thousands of hacks all over the planet.

Do you think that if the Russian government was creating a Malware for use in their espionage, they would throw it up on the web for white hackers to de-compile and add to their anti-virus definitions? I'm afraid I'm not that stupid.

Even /if/ you believe that level of stupid, when something is available to download via GOOGLE (aka how we found out it was PAS 3.1.0) that means that almost anyone could then use it to hack anyone else, military or civilian, North Korean, Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, American, European, Middle East, /anyone/ on the planet could be using it.

In order to tie the /specific/ attacks to Russia one would have to show some evidence that it was used at least from the country. Our stupid government can't even do that in their "evidence"! The US Government's OWN REPORT INDICATES OTHER COUNTRIES: ~ GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity

This is their CVS File on Indicators (aka "The JAR package offers technical details regarding the tools and infrastructure used by Russian civilian and military intelligence services (RIS). Accompanying CSV and STIX format files of the indicators are available here:

Here are screenshots of the first three pages worth of IPs and their countries of origin in the CSV file OUR GOVERNMENT put out which shows pretty much every country on the planet, (if you have MS Excel or a text editor I encourage you to look at it yourself and verify it. [to view it with text you'd have to "open with" a text editor; notepad or similar])

DHS provided us with 876 IP addresses as part of the package of indicators of compromise. [aka the CSV I showed some of above] Lets look at where they are located. The chart below shows the distribution of IP addresses by country.

There are several hosting companies in the mix including OVH SAS, Digital Ocean, Linode and Hetzner. These are hosting companies that provide low cost hosting to WordPress customers and customers who use other PHP applications. A common pattern that we see in the industry is that accounts at these hosts are compromised and those hacked sites are used to launch attacks around the web.

Out of the 876 IP addresses that DHS provided, 134 or about 15% are Tor exit nodes, based on a reverse DNS lookup that we did on each IP address. These are anonymous gateways that are used by anyone using the Tor anonymous browsing service.

https://www.wordfence.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Screen-Shot-2016-12-30-at-3.41.37-AM.png

---

Tor helps to reduce the risks of both simple and sophisticated traffic analysis by distributing your transactions over several places on the Internet, so no single point can link you to your destination. The idea is similar to using a twisty, hard-to-follow route in order to throw off somebody who is tailing you — and then periodically erasing your footprints. Instead of taking a direct route from source to destination, data packets on the Tor network take a random pathway through several relays that cover your tracks so no observer at any single point can tell where the data came from or where it's going.

Prevent Web tracking

A virtual IP address (VIP or VIPA) is an IP address that doesn't correspond to an actual physical network interface (port). Uses for VIPs include network address translation (especially, one-to-many NAT), fault-tolerance, and mobility.

See also -

You can babble on all day long--but 17 intelligence agencies, including the CIA, the FBI--Republican senate committee members are ALL stating these hacks came from Russia. They have identified it has installed into the DNC as Grissley Steepe. They have found it again in a power plant in Vermont and have sent out a 13 page report on it, signed off by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security.

The New York Times reported before Obama kicked them out that Russian diplomats were in contact with the Trump campaign.

i have a brother-in-law that works at a major power plant. We have military bases all over the place, including NORAD and their biggest fear are the Russians who are continually trying to hack into their databases.

Trump has conflicts of interest coming out of every door, including Russia & China. He has praised Putin throughout this campain. The Kremlin broke out the champagne bottles on the announcement of his win.

Now you and Comrade Trump's phyco-babble interpreters can do all you want to support this ASS clown as Commander and Chief, who has refused to attend National Security briefings that are held every morning at 9 a.m. but it won't be long before you're standing alone.

I know that 17 intelligence agencies, Republican Senators, the CIA, FBI, the Department of Homeland security along with Barack Obama are not going to fucking kick Putin in the teeth for no dam reason, dumbass.

This is NOT some 400 lb. fat guy sitting on his bed doing this. It is a FELONY in this country to hack into private or public computer databases that comes with PRISON TIME.
I wonder who'd be dumb enough to believe that seventeen intelligence agencies investigated an e-mail hack?
Obama did not claim seventeen intelligence agencies investigated an email hack? Clinton said 17 agencies confirmed the Russian hack. There are 16 security agencies within Homeland Security. The JAR was jointly issued by Homeland Security and the FBI. That's where the number 17 comes from. Most probably all investigation was done by NCCIC (National Cybersecurity & Communication Integration Center in Homeland Security, the FBI, and possibility the CIA and NSA. If the other agencies were involved, it was probably just a review of the investigation.
A review. In other words: A generic summary of an amalgam of reports. At best.

China

What does China have to do with Trump buddying up with Putin?

China

I believe that's now known as "Gina".

---

Prevent Web tracking

See also -

Yes a review, a formal assessment or examination of the investigation.

Actually I do and so half of Americans that voted believed that Putin hacked into our system in order to help Trump win. During campaign Trump invited the Russians to hack into DNC and continue admiring Putin. If you don't believe that...... Then you are insulting your own intelligence.
Hah, you're an idiot. Like half of Americans that think like you. Trump made a joke regarding Hillary's missing 33,000 emails saying if they had them. For you to not know or understand means you are hopelessly deranged and stupid. You really should not be voting.

Plus you can't understand the real problem for you is the emails showed how corrupt the Dems are. Russians or no Russians. Sucks to be you.

The disingenuous outrage over "Trump soliciting Russia to hack Hillary emails" is fucking retarded and part of the reason Trump won.

Many Americans are no longer listening to the lying snowflakes.

This election was a VERY FIRM "fuck off" to snowflakes.

It's possible to disagree with Obama on policy without being "RACIST". Snowflakes leveraged their racist bullshit into political hay, and many people had enough of that stupid shit.

I would classify it as more of a flaccid "fuck off"...given the popular vote and all.

(cue cries about illegal immigrant voting)
Is that different from whining about the electoral outcome?

Nope. It's the same thing. The election is done. Trump won the electoral college which is the DECIDING factor in our election. You ever hear me complaining about the EC? No. The left needs to quite quibbling and whining get over that and work on turning things around in 2018. Hillary won the popular vote - by a huge margin. It doesn't win her the Trophy but it does weaken any "mandate". The right needs to recognize that and pull the nation together instead of whining and creating conspiracy theories about illegals winning the popular vote for Clinton.

Clinton did not win the Presidency.
Trump did not win the People.
The presidency does not give out partication trophies.
Well not to harp on the subject, winning 30 states and getting both houses in congress is a mandate no matter how you want to argue

China

What does China have to do with Trump buddying up with Putin?

Trump want to work with Russia against China, pressure China. Close closer bonds between russia and china are not the US advantage. Having a strong ally against china is.

Trump obviously took a chapter from Kissinger's book

You seem to be basing your conclusions entirely on cyber data gathering and monitoring. US intelligence resources include far more than computer geeks sitting at computers.

When the government sends out something and tells me "Here this is what proves the Russian hacked us" I tend to go okay lemme have a looksee. However, when I, as a programmer and someone who has worked in IT, look at their evidence and conclude there is absolutely nothing tying it to Russia, I am going to call them out on their bullshit. ANYONE on the planet can download this malware program, in fact the link to do was in my post. You're going to tell me that a malware which is publicly available to the entire world could /only/ be used by Russian's when deployed against the US? Is that really the kind of "truth" you are willing to accept?

You realize that China was hacking the shit out of us during the same time period right? Obama worked out a diplomatic agreement with them with no sanctions or anything last year btw. I suppose it's just coincidence that both China and Russia were hacking us extensively at that time, but certainly it had to be Russia that tagged the DNC, right?

No, I do not just blindly trust our corrupt government, I expect proof and so far their "evidence" is bullshit that originates from a private company in California named CrowdStrike - they're the ones who started the Russian "rumor" saying that it "seemed like" what Russians do. Would you like to guess who this company has political ties to, or do you have enough critical thought to figure it out?

That said, if the government would like to produce some actual evidence, I'll be more than happy to say yep guess they did it, because I know damn well that every government on the planet and thousands, perhaps even millions, of unassociated hackers are trying to get information on the US every single day. I frequent NORSE, I get hundreds of phishing emails a day, I was a corporate executive, and I was a web developer - I most certainly know that hacking happens, in fact, I expect it.

Here's a question for you though, the malware was publicly distributed. What would happen if some random putz hacker's happened to have used this malware and gotten ahold of these DNC emails? You do know why random putz's hack, right? Money. So this random putz hacks the DNC and puts it up for sale on the underground. Is it an "attack on the US" if Russia bought it? What if Russia wasn't the /only/ country that bought it? After all this isn't really a sheet of paper here, it's reproducible data, billions of copies could be sold... How about if a Wikileaks supporter bought it? How about if a Bern supporter bought it? How about if a Trump supporter bought it?

In your honest opinion is it proper to nail /Russia/ to the wall in any of these scenarios?
I'm just saying you do have all the information because it's not going to be released. If the CIA has a mole that has confirmed the analysis or emails or phone taps or special techniques, equipment or software, do you think they're going to make that information available to the public? They are going to release information that can be safely released that will not compromise any part of their work. That information will be released only to people in the highest levels of government. What they release to the public may or may not be definitive proof.
We already have definitive proof of wrong doing in the Wikileaks e-mail revelations. I'd like to see our government investigate that.
This^^^^,

So where again is our reliable MSM to report on the corruption? Still in the DNC back pocket. Thanks Russia I guess since you all think so!! I love it when cheaters are exposed

Where was this outrage when Sony Pictures was hacked by North Korea because of the movie, "The Interview" about Kim Jong un?

Or when the Federal Employee database containing my 20 page security file with my life history was stolen by the Chinese??? Along with MILLIONS of other sensitive Govt employees ??

Where were the snarly investigations and sanctions and demonization then??

You know what - those are very good questions. But you are approaching it from the wrong end.

There WAS outrage and anger. The Sony hack was big time in the news.

The question to ask is: where were all the outraged claims demanding EVIDENCE before doing anything? We ACCEPTED what the intelligence agencies determined, and we allowed our president to react.

And keep in mind two additional things:
- the reaction, this time, was not the first time the White House has reacted to Russia's hacking, Russia has been warned several times, leading to this - not a knee jerk reaction, but a measured response after we have had an intelligence consensus on it.

- secondly, it targeted our electoral process, I think the timing of the released information ( compared to when the hack occurred) supports this - the motivations (ie - wanting a Trump win) maybe be less supported, but claiming it had nothing to do with our elections is weak. Shouldn't we be outraged that a foreign entity is so blatently attempting to disrupt our elections? Regardless of which candidate was the target I find it mindboggling that people are not angry about it. the same people who are denanding stringent voter ID laws, pass this off - excuse it - demand more "proof". I simply don't understand it.
Who targeted our electoral process? The DNC? I agree

---

Prevent Web tracking

See also -

Yes a review, a formal assessment or examination of the investigation.
I can hardly wait for the sequel. Should be a best seller.

The fact that the Russians have thousands of nuclear weapons pointed at us should be more than reason enough to seek a better relationship with them. I think politicians who use this incident to increase tensions for their own petty political purposes should be arrested and shot as traitors.

A candidate or the president elect can not improve diplomatic relations with a foreign power via tweets and campaign rhetoric because he does not have all the information, nor does he have the responsibility or the power to do so. When Trump is president in a few weeks, he will have full access to all intelligence. If he feels it's in the best interest of the US to ally this country with Putin then he certainly has the right to do so. It will then be his responsibility in which he must live with the results, good or bad.

Sa

A candidate or the president elect can not improve diplomatic relations with a foreign power via tweets and campaign rhetoric because he does not have all the information, nor does he have the responsibility or the power to do so. When Trump is president in a few weeks, he will have full access to all intelligence. If he feels it's in the best interest of the US to ally this country with Putin then he certainly has the right to do so. It will then be his responsibility in which he must live with the results, good or bad.

Says who? You? Forgive me while I lose my bowels over that

---

Prevent Web tracking

See also -

You can babble on all day long--but 17 intelligence agencies, including the CIA, the FBI--Republican senate committee members are ALL stating these hacks came from Russia. They have identified it hs installed into the DNC database as Grissley Steepe. They have found it again in a power plant in Vermont and have sent out a 13 page report on it, signed off by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security.
How Russians may have hacked U.S. computer systems
https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

I have a brother-in-law that works at a major power plant in Colorado Springs. We have military bases all over the place, including NORAD and their biggest fear are the Russians who are continually trying to hack into their electric grid databases.

Lindsey Graham Says 99 Percent Of Senate Agrees On Russian Hacks

In other words you are willfully ignorant of what the government released and you really don't care what the government said - you do realize you linked the PDF release that is on the same page with the CVS file I was talking about right? Apparently you've no interest in actually discussing the matter, but then why even bother coming to a discussion forum?

Henceforth I shall consider you a partisan hack / paid shill unworthy of replying to - welcome to the short list dear.

For the record Flopper Trump has pretty much just expressed skepticism about the flimsy "evidence" the gov provided RE the sanctions. He along with, the majority of folks with any knowledge of IPs and the darkweb have stated; basically that it's almost impossible for anyone to track down hackers unless they're total amateurs (which honestly doesn't fit the Russian hackers in the slightest, in fact, its said that Russian hackers are some of the best.)

- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/31/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-hacking.html -

“I just want them to be sure because it’s a pretty serious charge,” Mr. Trump said of the intelligence agencies. “If you look at the weapons of mass destruction, that was a disaster, and they were wrong,” he added, referring to intelligence cited by the George W. Bush administration to support its march to war in 2003. “So I want them to be sure,” the president-elect said. “I think it’s unfair if they don’t know.”

He added: “And I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

When asked what he knew that others did not, Mr. Trump demurred, saying only, “You’ll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday.”

Mr. Trump, who does not use email, also advised people to avoid computers when dealing with delicate material. “It’s very important, if you have something really important, write it out and have it delivered by courier, the old-fashioned way, because I’ll tell you what, no computer is safe,” Mr. Trump said.

“I don’t care what they say, no computer is safe,” he added. “I have a boy who’s 10 years old; he can do anything with a computer. You want something to really go without detection, write it out and have it sent by courier.”

The comments on Saturday were a departure from a statement that Mr. Trump issued through transition officials last week, in which he said that it was time for people to “move on” from the hacking issue but that he would be briefed on the matter by intelligence officials early in the new year.

----

As much as everyone wants to paint those of us questioning this bullshit "evidence" as traitors, there's a line for what you let your government do. For me at least, it's not about Putin, Trump, or even Obama so much as its about upholding American values like "innocence until proven guilty," "doing what's right," etc. I am /not/ okay with the US government making wild accusations and throwing down sanctions based on highly speculative circumstantial evidence. Frankly the Obama Administration would have been 100 times better off to give /no/ evidence at all and simply say they can't share said evidence without compromising their agents, than to provide a publicly and widely available malware as the proof.

For the record Flopper Trump has pretty much just expressed skepticism about the flimsy "evidence" the gov provided RE the sanctions. He along with, the majority of folks with any knowledge of IPs and the darkweb have stated; basically that it's almost impossible for anyone to track down hackers unless they're total amateurs (which honestly doesn't fit the Russian hackers in the slightest, in fact, its said that Russian hackers are some of the best.)

- http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/31/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-hacking.html -

“I just want them to be sure because it’s a pretty serious charge,” Mr. Trump said of the intelligence agencies. “If you look at the weapons of mass destruction, that was a disaster, and they were wrong,” he added, referring to intelligence cited by the George W. Bush administration to support its march to war in 2003. “So I want them to be sure,” the president-elect said. “I think it’s unfair if they don’t know.”

He added: “And I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

When asked what he knew that others did not, Mr. Trump demurred, saying only, “You’ll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday.”

Mr. Trump, who does not use email, also advised people to avoid computers when dealing with delicate material. “It’s very important, if you have something really important, write it out and have it delivered by courier, the old-fashioned way, because I’ll tell you what, no computer is safe,” Mr. Trump said.

“I don’t care what they say, no computer is safe,” he added. “I have a boy who’s 10 years old; he can do anything with a computer. You want something to really go without detection, write it out and have it sent by courier.”

The comments on Saturday were a departure from a statement that Mr. Trump issued through transition officials last week, in which he said that it was time for people to “move on” from the hacking issue but that he would be briefed on the matter by intelligence officials early in the new year.

----

As much as everyone wants to paint those of us questioning this bullshit "evidence" as traitors, there's a line for what you let your government do. For me at least, it's not about Putin, Trump, or even Obama so much as its about upholding American values like "innocence until proven guilty," "doing what's right," etc. I am /not/ okay with the US government making wild accusations and throwing down sanctions based on highly speculative circumstantial evidence. Frankly the Obama Administration would have been 100 times better off to give /no/ evidence at all and simply say they can't share said evidence without compromising their agents, than to provide a publicly and widely available malware as the proof.

Look if you're not going to believe 17 intelligence agencies, the FBI, the CIA, Homeland Security, Republican Senate intelligence committees along with Barack Obama, then nothing is going to convince you. Which is what you have done throughout this campaign season. Ignored everything on Donald Trump, that you would have crucified anyone else for doing.
https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

But common sense dictates that would indicate that every one of these agencies, Republican Senators, etc. ALL conspired together to kick Putin in the teeth for no dam good reason. And that's a little too hard to swallow.

th

So you'll have to wait for Trump's tweety account to open up, then you can all rally around what he tweets.

73ce3be75329f42e5df7102cdaef083a.jpg

Last edited:
And if you're blindly going to believe the government under such shady circumstances you're a sheep waiting to be culled by them. Enjoy your corn meal son.

----

Look if you're not going to believe 17 intelligence agencies, the FBI, the CIA, Homeland Security, Republican Senate intelligence committees along with Barack Obama, then nothing is going to convince you. Which is what you have done throughout this campaign season. Ignored everything on Donald Trump, that you would have crucified anyone else for doing.

But common sense dictates that would indicate that every one of these agencies, Republican Senators, etc. ALL conspired together to kick Putin in the teeth for no dam good reason. And that's a little too hard to swallow.

th

So you'll have to wait for Trump's tweety account to open up, then you can all rally around what he says.

73ce3be75329f42e5df7102cdaef083a.jpg

I don't! And, there is no evidence and why none has been published. Fact is there is no way to identify any hack without monitoring the hack live. Sooooo, you and those 17 agencies got bubkis

Forum List

Back