US Gov't/USPS = Well-olied Machines

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
From an auto reply from Rubio's office:

Please do not mail materials that require immediate attention to the Washington DC Office. Due to security screenings, postal mail can take up to four weeks to be delivered and will delay our response to your request.

4 weeks?!
:eek:

Not so long a trip to this:

Please do not call your doctor about follow-up to your recent medical tests. Due to insurance requirements and regulations, test results can take up to four weeks for processing and distribution to the appropriate government agencies and then to your doctor. If your condition is urgent, phone calls will delay your treatment.

Please do not call your doctor about follow-up to your recent medical tests. Due to insurance requirements and regulations, test results can take up to four weeks for processing and distribution to the appropriate government agencies and then to your doctor. If your condition is urgent, phone calls will delay your treatment.

*Whew*
When I saw you replied I was expecting a lot more, considering the topic
:cool:

Can't wait to see how many weeks we'll have to wait for appts
:eusa_eh:

*Whew*
When I saw you replied I was expecting a lot more, considering the topic
:cool:

Can't wait to see how many weeks we'll have to wait for appts
:eusa_eh:
I've been a government employee for 22 years now. I know how it works. And it's not rapidly or efficiently.

From an auto reply from Rubio's office:

Please do not mail materials that require immediate attention to the Washington DC Office. Due to security screenings, postal mail can take up to four weeks to be delivered and will delay our response to your request.

4 weeks?!
:eek:

That's not the fault of the post office if that's what you're thinking. I'm sure there's a huge backlog at the screening stations to remove letter bombs and such.

well thats not the PO's fault.....

That's not the fault of the post office if that's what you're thinking. I'm sure there's a huge backlog at the screening stations to remove letter bombs and such.

It's not an indictment on *just* the USPS

It's our over-bloated federal bureaucracy, in large.

Between the PO and Capitol Hill it takes a month to see a letter.

Like I said in a previous post, imagine the inefficiencies and delays that will be involved when our favorite Uncle takes over our medical care.

Hell, the number of people that actually still use "Snail Mail" has GOT to be considerably lower than those of us that will need exams and treatment.

Like I said in a previous post, imagine the inefficiencies and delays that will be involved when our favorite Uncle takes over our medical care.

Hell, the number of people that actually still use "Snail Mail" has GOT to be considerably lower than those of us that will need exams and treatment.

Horty the Letters get there in a couple days.....then the PO is out of the picture.....what happens after that is up to the recipients......they should not have even been mentioned in this thread.....just sayin....

I don't anticipate a time when caregivers will be so universally despised that letter bombs become a real, every day threat.

I live in Ohio, and letters and packages to and from family members in California have taken no longer than 4 business days (it's often been fewer), which makes a 46-cent stamp a terrific alternative to an airplane ticket or the cost of fuel and time it would take to deliver the damned thing myself.

Horty the Letters get there in a couple days.....then the PO is out of the picture.....what happens after that is up to the recipients......they should not have even been mentioned in this thread.....just sayin....

Fair enough, Harry.

Guess my bias against the USPS shone through
:redface:

Shit, even e-mail was terribly slow.
They must have tracked my addy and checked out all my Google searches and Facebook posts, because I don't even remember how long ago it was when I e-mailed his office.
The most recent I can recall is when Marco jumped on board the amnesty train before assuring border security.

Fair enough, Harry.

Guess my bias against the USPS shone through
:redface:

Shit, even e-mail was terribly slow.
They must have tracked my addy and checked out all my Google searches and Facebook posts, because I don't even remember how long ago it was when I e-mailed his office.
The most recent I can recall is when Marco jumped on board the amnesty train before assuring border security.

hey i worked there for 33 years.....i am kinda biased too.....:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back