US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

There was no job recovery in 2009. No one is claiming there was. The Great Recession had just ended only a few months before that Fox video aired. The recovery began in March, 2010. But three months later in June, the overall numbers dropped due to the government laying ¼ million temp census workers. Meanwhile, the private sector continued growing.

Over the last 73 months, there hasn't been one single month the private sector (14.4 million jobs added) lost jobs and the only months we lost jobs overall (14.0 million jobs added) was due to collecting census data.

That's what you moronically call a "jobless" recovery.

You're every bit the con tool Rshermr figured out you are.

Just because we added a small number of jobs each month instead of losing them doesn't mean that it wasn't a jobless recovery, Faun! It was. The Private Sector has indeed grown but it has done so not because of the economic policies of Barack Obama but DESPITE the economic policies of a President who struggles mightily when it comes to economics in general.

And Rshermr hasn't figured out anything in so long it's laughable! He's the guy who uses the internet to pretend he's something he isn't...educated! He's the George Costanza of the US Message Board!

george costanza architect - - Yahoo Search Results
Your insanity worsens. :ack-1:

We need somewhere in the neighborhood of 150,000 jobs to be added each month to keep up with population growth.

Since March, 2010, when the job markets began recovering, we've added 14 million jobs ... or 192,000 jobs per month on average.

You know, what you idiotically call a "small number" of jobs in a "jobless" recovery.

giphy.gif

So we've had an average net gain of a little over 40,000 jobs per month in a country the size of America with millions out of work and you label that as a recovery full of jobs? Really, Faun?
A little over 40,000 jobs a month?? Really. :eusa_naughty:

Show your [fuzzy] math that resulted in 40,000 jobs gained per month...
What he's doing is saying that if the number of jobs gained is enough to keep up with population growth, then that's a net gain of zero.

No I don't understand how he thinks that works
He does not care that it does not work. Not in the least. Your problem, Pinqy, is that you are dead honest, always. And you understand unemployment to the point that I am blown away. I mean, to the smallest point. Thanks. It is always a joy to read your posts.

Well, oldstyle, me poor ignorant con tool, you say you believe the obama recovery has been jobless. Lets take a look at that statement. Cause it is a simple thing. It is either true, or a lie:

The unemployment rate at it's highest during the great republican recession:
October 2009 - 10%
Unemployment Rate this year:
The unemployment rate in January of 2016 was 4.9%
Unemployment Rates in the United States Since 1948

So, It is not true, it is a lie. Because, you see, 4.9 is less than half of 10.

Really, if you would stop lying, you would save us trouble proving you are a lying con tool,

Perhaps you'd like to tell that to the millions of Americans in the Private Sector who couldn't find a job for YEARS because you progressives were more interested in getting ObamaCare passed and protecting your supporters in the Public Sector unions? How many Americans watched helplessly as their life's savings melted away because Barry, Harry and Nancy didn't give a shit about them?
In the immortal words of Cankles..."What difference does it really make?" You declared that I was pulling the idea of a jobless recovery out of my ass and I provided several examples of pundits discussing why we were in fact HAVING a jobless recovery...one of which is Paul Krugman. So is Krugman "insane" when he speaks of a jobless recovery? Duh?
You provided no evidence the recovery was a "jobless" recovery.

The video with Krugman came just a few months into the recovery. It provides no evidence when looking back over the last 73 months to total.

Then you posted a video from 2009, 5 months before the job recovery even began.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You're fucking insane.

insane-homer-o.gif

What's "insane" is for someone to look at 2009 and 2010 and maintain that there WASN'T a jobless recovery!
Really, me boy. So the great republican recession of 2008, which by late (October) of 2009, had reached its worst, should have, in your opinion, been fixed by the obama team in a month or two???? Are you really that stupid? Oops, of course you are. Have an impartial source who agrees with you? Of course you do not. Because your accusations are totally stupid.
The fact is, me boy, that when W left office in January of 2009, we were hemoraging jobs at over 600,000 per month.
Now, do us all a favor and show how the recession should have been turned around to the point that the unemployment rate was what it was before the start of the great republican recession of 1997. No economist in the known world would agree with you.
Then, explain why all republicans voted against every recovery bill brought forward by the obama team.

Let's examine the priorities of the Obama "team" when they took office...shall we? The things that Americans were most concerned about were jobs...jobs...jobs...and then the deficit. So what was the Obama team's priority? Healthcare reform that most economists said would have an adverse effect on job creation. What were they proposing before losing the Congress in 2010? Cap & Trade legislation that would have had an even greater adverse effect on job creation. Yet you stand here now and ask what they should have done back then?

Oh, that's right...I keep forgetting that you're George Costanza...economist! You've got no more of a clue about what Obama's "team" should have been doing back then to create jobs then THEY did!
Ah, but I do. And so do you, though you choose to lie about it. And really, me boy, the costanza thing is stupid. You have been trying it for years. But at any rate, having a dish washer saying he is examining anything is a joke.

Dude, you've been claiming to have taught economics at the college level for years now which is humor at it's finest since you didn't know what I was referring to when I mentioned The Chicago School. Care to take a stab at explaining THAT? People like you are your own worst enemy...you claim things...like expertise in economics...and then don't even know things that you would have learned in intro level courses! It's pathetic.

It didn't matter if all the Republicans voted against Obama's original stimulus because he had the Democratic votes to push it through regardless...just as he did with ObamaCare!

The second stimulus that Barry asked for...he couldn't even sell to his fellow Democrats! That's how bad the first stimulus was at creating jobs.
What a fucking rightard you are. You have no shame at all, do ya?

It's a flat out lie to state Republicans could not have blocked passage of the ARRA just as it's a lie to pretend they were helpless to stop it just like they couldn't stop ObamaCare, which was passed with a filibuster-proof Senate.

I love how you progressives want to pretend that the GOP had the power to stop Barry, Harry and Nancy that first year. It's simply untrue. They couldn't stop ObamaCare...how would they have been able to stop the Obama Stimulus?

Fox Business??? Really. Just a minute, I'l go get a link to some lame left wing web site, me boy. Ever try an impartial site.
2011, looking at recovery in 2010 and earlier. Did you think that says anything about the recovery overall.
Really, your agenda is showing.
The link Oldstyle gave to that Fox Business video provides excellent proof how Fox lies to their audience and literally dumbs them down.

In this case, we see Oldstyle mindlessly referring to a video Fox purports they aired on May 5th, 2011. But in reality, it aired in November, 6th, 2009.

Oldstyle, being the ever diligent idiot he is, doesn't even bother to review the very evidence he provides as proof to establish his insane claims.

In the immortal words of Cankles..."What difference does it really make?" You declared that I was pulling the idea of a jobless recovery out of my ass and I provided several examples of pundits discussing why we were in fact HAVING a jobless recovery...one of which is Paul Krugman. So is Krugman "insane" when he speaks of a jobless recovery? Duh?

The video with Krugman came just a few months into the recovery. It provides no evidence when looking back over the last 73 months to total.

You're fucking insane.

insane-homer-o.gif

What's "insane" is for someone to look at 2009 and 2010 and maintain that there WASN'T a jobless recovery!

So, at least you are not proveably lying this time. Just wrong:

1. The great republican recession of 2008 was the largest recession since the great republican depression of 1929. And, me boy, no economist expected that it would replace all the jobs lost to the great republican recession in one or two years.
2. The recovery went for some time. And the efforts of the obama team replaced all the jobs lost to the great republican recession. Took a couple of years, because repubs demanded that no jobs bill would be passed.
3. So, since over 13 million jobs were created or saved by the obama team, it was in NO WAY a jobless recovery.

So, the question is, why do you keep claiming the recovery was jobless. Other than that you parrot your con heroes. Because, as I have proven by posting CBO statements that you are wrong, me boy. That you keep it up is normal, since you are a lying con tool.

What exactly did the Obama team do that created jobs, Rshermr? Tell me the economic plan that they used to grow the economy and create jobs! The truth is...time after time...they pushed an agenda that hurt job creation and it was things like fracking (which Obama and you progressives fought to stop!) that created good paying jobs for Americans.

You're fucking insane.

insane-homer-o.gif

There was no job recovery in 2009. No one is claiming there was. The Great Recession had just ended only a few months before that Fox video aired. The recovery began in March, 2010. But three months later in June, the overall numbers dropped due to the government laying ¼ million temp census workers. Meanwhile, the private sector continued growing.

Over the last 73 months, there hasn't been one single month the private sector (14.4 million jobs added) lost jobs and the only months we lost jobs overall (14.0 million jobs added) was due to collecting census data.

That's what you moronically call a "jobless" recovery.

You're every bit the con tool Rshermr figured out you are.

Just because we added a small number of jobs each month instead of losing them doesn't mean that it wasn't a jobless recovery, Faun! It was. The Private Sector has indeed grown but it has done so not because of the economic policies of Barack Obama but DESPITE the economic policies of a President who struggles mightily when it comes to economics in general.

And Rshermr hasn't figured out anything in so long it's laughable! He's the guy who uses the internet to pretend he's something he isn't...educated! He's the George Costanza of the US Message Board!

And there he goes, lapsing into personal attacks. Normal for the poor ignorant boy.
And, me boy, it has ot been a small number of jobs. Try dividing 14 million by 72. Oh, I forgot. You never got to division.

I simply pointed out how utterly full of shit you are when you claim to have a degree in economics! YOU on the other hand accuse me of being a dishwasher. You also accuse me of being "paid" by some nebulous deep pocketed conservative cabal! So which is it...am I a lowly dishwasher...or am I a paid shill...sent here to antagonize liberals? Oh, that's right...you're just making up this shit as you go. Kind of like your supposedly teaching economics at the college level as an undergrad!

It didn't matter if all the Republicans voted against Obama's original stimulus because he had the Democratic votes to push it through regardless...just as he did with ObamaCare!

The second stimulus that Barry asked for...he couldn't even sell to his fellow Democrats! That's how bad the first stimulus was at creating jobs.
What a fucking rightard you are. You have no shame at all, do ya?

It's a flat out lie to state Republicans could not have blocked passage of the ARRA just as it's a lie to pretend they were helpless to stop it just like they couldn't stop ObamaCare, which was passed with a filibuster-proof Senate.

I love how you progressives want to pretend that the GOP had the power to stop Barry, Harry and Nancy that first year. It's simply untrue. They couldn't stop ObamaCare...how would they have been able to stop the Obama Stimulus?
I can't help you're too retarded to know that Senate rules allow for filibusters. I can only hope you can read and learn....

Filibusted

So if stimulative spending is "the answer", Rshermr...then kindly explain why Barack Obama racking up more debt than any President in history hasn't produced a booming economy? According to you...the economy should be on a tear right now! Yet for some reason it's grinding along.

According to you...both Kennedy and Clinton don't have the faintest idea about fiscal policy because both advocated for tax cuts to stimulate the economy? They didn't call for more government spending. Why is that?
Under Bush, millions of jobs moved to China with over 42,000 factories closed with the country losing all that revenue and paying out billions in unemployment. Then there were the deficit creating Bush tax cuts costing trillions in revenue. Then the two wars on credit cards. Then over 40,000 maimed in Iraq costing trillions into the future.
And that was just a little of what Bush and the GOP left Obama.
Republicans may constantly call Obama a messiah, but he doesn't have god powers. He's just a man doing the best he can but with an entire political party trying to make the country fail so they can say he failed.

Yea, go ahead, say that isn't true with a straight face.

It isn't true. All that nonsense are the excuses that Barack Obama's supporters have come up with to explain his failures as President. This is the man who appointed Jeffrey Immelt...the CEO of General Electric...to be his "Jobs Czar" when it was General Electric that was one of the biggest exporters of jobs to China! That's how clueless Barry is...and how brainwashed you are for not seeing it. This is the man who's Presidency began with huge Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate. What did he give us with all that power? ObamaCare...the Obama Stimulus...AND A WHOLE LOT OF EXCUSES!
Look at what Bush and the GOP left us and look at where we are now and you call that failure? You must be delusional. What else could it be?

Why won't the GOP invite Bush to their convention?

What's amusing, R-Derp...is that you honestly believe that Obama's stewardship of the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression is a plus for Barry! Where we are now is a testament to the strength of the American economy not to Barack Obama's fiscal policies. Our economy has managed to come back DESPITE having a President who is utterly clueless about job creation, economics in general and hasn't had a plan to create jobs or grow the economy since Larry Summers left six years ago!
We are out of the great Bush recession dummy

Lame Duck President Obama SETS ANOTHER RECORD FOR ALL PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES.

FIRST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY TO COMPLETE TWO TERMS WITHOUT A SINGLE GDP OVER THAN 3%

Worst recovery ever!

DP growth annual averages

2009 . . . -2.8%

2010 . . . 2.5%

2011 . . . 1.6%

2012 . . . 2.2%

2013 . . . 1.5%

2014 . . . 2.4%

2015 . . . 2.4%

2016 . . . 0.5%

(Q1; 1st est.; Annualized)

Overall Average 1.3%

Source US Bureau of Economic Analysis

Last edited:
And yet the Right claim that minority congressman Barney Frank was singlehandedly able to stop Bush and the GOP controlled House and Senate from reforming the GSEs!

And yet the Right claim that minority congressman Barney Frank was singlehandedly able to stop Bush and the GOP controlled House and Senate from reforming the GSEs!

LOL...when did the GOP control the White House, House and Senate? Barney Frank was the chairman of his committee because DEMOCRATS controlled his branch of the legislature! What part of that concept don't you grasp?

And I never claimed anyone could single handedly stop anything...what I pointed out was that it was George W. Bush who warned Frank that the way we were conducting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had the potential to be dangerous for our economy and it was Frank who denied that was the case. So who was right?

LOL...when did the GOP control the White House, House and Senate? Barney Frank was the chairman of his committee because DEMOCRATS controlled his branch of the legislature! What part of that concept don't you grasp?
Through most of Bush's economic reign of terror. What planet were you on at the time?

And I never claimed anyone could single handedly stop anything...what I pointed out was that it was George W. Bush who warned Frank that the way we were conducting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had the potential to be dangerous for our economy and it was Frank who denied that was the case. So who was right?
That was in 2003, and at that time Frank was correct.
After that Bush appointed HIS man to head Fannie and Freddie in 2004 and the lending INCREASED!!!! Bush owns the housing crash.

I think I remember way back, 3 turncoat R voted for phony stimulus. Susan Collins (useless lifer), Spector? Brown? This stolen waste could have been stopped or modified to actually help taxpayers. But RINO graze in DC, must be hunted eliminated. It all a big game to them. Keep the party going, drinks golf homes retire early well. Take look on Zillow DC home prices, yep.

You're fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

The GOP controlled the White House, House & Senate from 1/2001 to 6/2001 and from 1/2003 to 1/2007.

Barney Frank couldn't have chaired any committees between 1/1995 and 1/2007 because the GOP controlled the House for those 12 straight years.

Do you understand now why everyone laughs at you for blaming Barney Frank for the meltdown when Republicans controlled the government, especially the House, during the critical years when the housing markets were ballooning out of control and the GOP-led Congress wouldn't do shit about it?

WTF??

Bush warned Frank? What about the other 534 members of Congress? Didn't he warn them too? And didn't he warn his how party which controlled Congress for most of those years?

After that Bush appointed HIS man to head Fannie and Freddie in 2004 and the lending INCREASED!!!! Bush owns the housing crash.
"Thanks to our policies, home ownership is at an all time high!" ~ George W. Bush, 2004 RNC acceptance speech

Your insanity worsens. :ack-1:

We need somewhere in the neighborhood of 150,000 jobs to be added each month to keep up with population growth.

Since March, 2010, when the job markets began recovering, we've added 14 million jobs ... or 192,000 jobs per month on average.

You know, what you idiotically call a "small number" of jobs in a "jobless" recovery.

giphy.gif

So we've had an average net gain of a little over 40,000 jobs per month in a country the size of America with millions out of work and you label that as a recovery full of jobs? Really, Faun?

So, oldstyle, did you stop studying math in 1st grade? Because there have been 80 months since the stimulus began. That would mean that only 3.2 million jobs have been added. That would be, me boy, under 25% of the actual number of jobs that have been added. Really, Oldstyle?
Do you EVER stop lying. You have NO integrity.

If you don't like the math...talk to Faun...those are the numbers that he quoted. I simply pointed out that they weren't indicative of an economic recovery rife with jobs!

To put it in terms that even George Costanza might understand...if there are 30,000 cities and towns in the US and you're only creating 40,000 jobs over what you need to keep up with population growth that means you're creating 1.25 jobs per town across the nation. If you're a tiny town in Iowa that might be HUGE...if you're New York City, Chicago or LA...it's a joke!
So, you should be embarased by now. Pinqy, in his calm way, has made you look like what you are. You are really getting obnoxious. Try as you will, you are a lying con tool, and everyone is seeing what your game is. Dipshit.

Why are you so desperate to accuse me of being a liar, Rshermr? Oh, that's right...it's because I exposed you as a total bullshit artist who lies through their teeth constantly! What's pathetic is you don't even have the intelligence to know you've been exposed.

You're a poser, Rshermr. One of those sad internet people who's lives and accomplishments are so nondescript that you feel like you need to embellish who you are with lies like how you taught college level economics as an undergrad! People like yourself ALWAYS out themselves because they tell bigger and bigger lies and can't keep track of the ones they've already told!

Last edited:
"Thanks to our policies, home ownership is at an all time high!" ~ George W. Bush, 2004 RNC acceptance speech

The things that were going on at Fannie and Freddie were what Bush was referring to...not the BIPARTISAN effort to get more Americans into home ownership!

The things that were going on at Fannie and Freddie were what Bush was referring to...not the BIPARTISAN effort to get more Americans into home ownership!
Whenever the GOP fucks up the works so obviously that they can't deny their involvement, it suddenly becomes "bipartisan."

Are you claiming that the Democrats didn't also support that legislation? Really, Ed?

What's amusing is how you on the left have declared the economic meltdown a Republican problem...like Democrats hadn't ever stepped foot in Washington until 2009! I'm sorry but Democrats were just as much to blame for what happened as Republicans.

Forum List

Back