US JUDGE GETS 28 YEARS FOR SELLING CHILDREN TO PRIVATE PRISONS

Carla_Danger

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2013
courthouse_kickbacks_8288491_wide-373e355d76819fae7501e333bda2eb00057fa6d4-s800-c85.jpg

The AP adds:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court tossed about 4,000 convictions issued by Ciavarella between 2003 and 2008, saying he violated the constitutional rights of the juveniles, including the right to legal counsel and the right to intelligently enter a plea.

Ciavarella, 61, was tried and convicted of racketeering charges earlier this year. His attorneys had asked for a "reasonable" sentence in court papers, saying, in effect, that he's already been punished enough.

"The media attention to this matter has exceeded coverage given to many and almost all capital murders, and despite protestation, he will forever be unjustly branded as the 'Kids for Cash' judge," their sentencing memo said.

Read the entire article @ Pa. Judge Sentenced To 28 Years In Massive Juvenile Justice Bribery Scandal The Two-Way NPR

It sucks that Robert Mericle was only handed a 1 year prison sentence, when he should be doing 30.

What a horrible idea...private (for profit) juvenile centers and adult prisons. What a horrible idea...but my Republican Governor is all for em!

Private prisons are a great idea, but you need STRICT policies making sure they aren't abused.

Like hell they are. Nobody would want to be in the industry of private "for profit" prisons if there were strict policies with no abuse. That's how they make their profit.

What a horrible idea...private (for profit) juvenile centers and adult prisons. What a horrible idea...but my Republican Governor is all for em!

Private prisons are a great idea, but you need STRICT policies making sure they aren't abused.

Like hell they are. Nobody would want to be in the industry of private "for profit" prisons if there were strict policies with no abuse. That's how they make their profit.

So you really think that ALL private prisons abuse the system? I mean I know you are stupid, but.................

4000 kids put in juvi illegally and this asshole isn't doing life w/o hope of parole?

I hope they put his ass in the gen pop. If we can't get justice maybe we can get revenge.

So you really think that ALL private prisons abuse the system? I mean I know you are stupid, but.................

Absolutely, Mr Gullible.

Absolutely, Mr Gullible.

Prove it. Oh wait, guilty until proven innocent, just like cops right?

1 Year?? I wonder what the race break down were of his false convictions?

Sike...I already know

Why the fuck do you have to do that? I mean Jesus who cares what race the kids were.

Not you obviously. But it's funny how you see a case of false imprisonment. Then in another thread you'll quote those same arrest rates as if they mean something.

Suddenly tho, you don't care?.....riiiiight

PA went private under a (D).

I know, I live here as well

Because private prisons is more about suckling private corps dick than about political parties.

When your profit comes from taking away people's freedom and they have a bottom line to meet, guess who loses?

Forum List

Back