US landlords trying to coerce cash-strapped tenants into ‘sex-for-rent’ agreements

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
“We’ve received more cases at our office in the last two days than we have in the last two years,” Khara Jabola-Carolus, the executive director of the commission, told the outlet last week.

In the Chicago area, Sheryl Ring, the legal director at Open Communities, a legal aid and fair housing agency, said that her organization has seen a threefold increase in housing-related sexual harassment complaints over the past month.

“We have seen an uptick in sexual harassment,” Ring told the outlet. “Since this started, [landlords] have been taking advantage of the financial hardships many of their tenants have in order to coerce their tenants into a sex-for-rent agreement — which is absolutely illegal.”

This isn't new but there is definitely an increase.

“We’ve received more cases at our office in the last two days than we have in the last two years,” Khara Jabola-Carolus, the executive director of the commission, told the outlet last week.

In the Chicago area, Sheryl Ring, the legal director at Open Communities, a legal aid and fair housing agency, said that her organization has seen a threefold increase in housing-related sexual harassment complaints over the past month.

“We have seen an uptick in sexual harassment,” Ring told the outlet. “Since this started, [landlords] have been taking advantage of the financial hardships many of their tenants have in order to coerce their tenants into a sex-for-rent agreement — which is absolutely illegal.”

nothing wrong with that,,,

Sex between a landlord and a tenant is never consensual ... given a choice between putting out or being homeless? ... well, the sex is forced, and that's rape ... the same reasoning applies to judges and defendants, bosses and subordinates, and sex therapists and clients ...

As a landlord for many years, I've had plenty of opportunities ... some rather aggressive women I might add ... but I never succumbed to temptation ... it's bad for business, so many great women tenants came along who appreciated the safety of having me as a landlord ... once trust was established, I'd hear the stories, some of them were pretty awful ...

It's a felony ... period ...

Chicago, Barry Hussein's adopted home town where homicide victims outnumber corona virus victims so far this year 127-125.

Sex between a landlord and a tenant is never consensual ... given a choice between putting out or being homeless? ... well, the sex is forced, and that's rape ... the same reasoning applies to judges and defendants, bosses and subordinates, and sex therapists and clients ...

As a landlord for many years, I've had plenty of opportunities ... some rather aggressive women I might add ... but I never succumbed to temptation ... it's bad for business, so many great women tenants came along who appreciated the safety of having me as a landlord ... once trust was established, I'd hear the stories, some of them were pretty awful ...

It's a felony ... period ...
what if its the tenant that made the offer???

I have a friend who collected rent. While I was there, in front of me and anyone else who happened to be around, a female tenant offered sex in exchange for rent.

So. it's not always the landlord's idea.
Desperate times call for desperate measure? :dunno:

more like: You're a John

I wish my landlady would do that. She's a milfy blond who lives one floor below me.

I wish my landlady would do that. She's a milfy blond who lives one floor below me.
I would feel so cheap and used and satisfied afterwards

Forum List

Back