US Senate Monthly Update: GOP at 62% Chance of Reclaiming Senate

Hoosier4Liberty

Libertarian Republican
Oct 14, 2013
A slight dip from before, due to Kentucky(McConnell has weak polling and is getting pummeled pretty hard) and Georgia(David Perdue's college comments increase the chance of Paul Broun getting nominated).

Note, I did upgrade the GOP's chances of winning Iowa and Louisiana(Braley's farmer gaffe and Landrieu's 37% approval rating are the reasons for this).

Still, the GOP has a healthy 63% chance of nomination.

As always, I'll share my Excel data for people like RandomVariable to inspect and critique.

Note: One thing I am not doing is tying probabilities together. If one party wins one race, it's more likely to win the others. I don't have this built into my model but I can analyze the circumstances in which the GOP wins a certain number of seats and select based on that criteria what the crucial states are.

Note that the raw data has different values for total # of seats than the top numbers on the chart Excel file. This is because everytime I refresh the raw data Excel file, the numbers keep changing based on probability. So when I copied/pasted the values to a different file, the numbers changed. However, with 16,000 simulations, the overall average for the 2 sets of numbers should be virtually identical(probably within .01 Senate seat).

A more robust explanation of the files and mathematical explanations can be found here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/337481-gop-has-60-chance-of-taking-back-senate-in-2014-a.html

The last update that I had(in which the GOP chances were slightly higher, but the GA/KY gaffes and issues downgraded it, despite IA/LA adjustments) a 68% for the GPO to take back Senate(note: The title is wrong for the URL).
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...p-remains-at-58-chance-to-reclaim-senate.html

Enjoy! Comments welcome.

Attachments

• $SimulationSenate.JPG
    $SimulationSenate.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 109
  • $RawDataSim3.JPG
    $RawDataSim3.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 70
As said elsewhere: Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

GOP at 62% Chance of Reclaiming Senate That's fallen 6% points since early March. Let's stop it at 62.

Forget statistics. It's this simple. The Senate is there for the taking by Republicans. Democrats in the tight races are running from Obama. Liberals have hope, however, because many in the Republican establishment are liberal wanna bees. The want to be adorned and given passes by the media. They will let the media define them and Republicans will assume their position as lapdogs.

The real threat seems more likely to be the loss of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont to Canada - but only if Canada has agates like Putin.

Forum List

Back