US Servicemembers Punished? They Should Be Promoted !!!

And before anyone's ass gets bent out of joint, we wore "IKE" buttons while onboard Eisenhower - all the way from the CO on down. While in uniform. So spare me the uniform violation crap. Yeah - they're out of uniform - but the "punishment" will not exceed anything more than a "Knock it off" from the Chief - who was probably wearing one as well.

I don't think it's a big deal but I'm sure it's going to come under review.

You know what they say? the more politics in the ranks the better. Is that why drill sergeant says line up so tight that you stick your #$(% in the $&% of the recruit in front of you? I said, Don't ask Don't tell.

Promote them at least two paygrades! This is how a president should be revered/respected! Bravo Zulu!

U.S. service members seen wearing MAGA-inspired patches at Trump speech may have violated DOD rules

kind of a bummer that what they are doing is basically plagiarising Trump's 2016 campaign slogan.

You would think that military folk would be just a tad better at 'thinking on their feet' but I guess our military aint what it used to be.

Did you tattle on them?

If they were wearing patches with something akin to, "yes we can" . . . it would have never made the news.

It is always a good thing when the military supports the civilian government legally elected by the people.

And before anyone's ass gets bent out of joint, we wore "IKE" buttons while onboard Eisenhower - all the way from the CO on down. While in uniform. So spare me the uniform violation crap. Yeah - they're out of uniform - but the "punishment" will not exceed anything more than a "Knock it off" from the Chief - who was probably wearing one as well.
Was Ike president at the time?

Custom squadron shirts are pretty common. I really don't see this as being any different.

Democrat union carpenters are already hard at work building gallows to string up those patriotic servicemembers.

It is always a good thing when the military supports the civilian government legally elected by the people.

just like the good ole Nazis in 1930's Germany

Way to go full Godwin. Yeah, Trump is JUST LIKE the Nazis! No hyperbole at all.
495px_godwin.jpg

As I posted on another thread about this, the patch was approved by their commander in accordance with DOD regulations.

Ike didn’t stand for racism. Ike wasn’t a Russian asset. They might as well try to wear a KKK button.
How can you build unity in the military when there’s Hispanics in our military and Trump is saying some Mexicans don’t rape.
I suspect there’s a large number of soldiers who turned their back on Trump when they found out he said I like soldiers who weren’t captured.
These are people who put their lives on the line to protect this country, not work for a Russian asset.

As I posted on another thread about this, the patch was approved by their commander in accordance with DOD regulations.
I didn't hear about that. A Commander can authorize certain adjustments to the uniform, but people are going to split hairs and say this is a political statement or an endorsement. Military members are not allowed to do those at all while wearing the uniform.

The Eisenhower is a ship...President Eisenhower has been out of politics and dead for decades. You'd think a Sr Chief could distinguish the difference. Maybe some day, if they have the garbage scow, the USS trump, you could wear a patch there.

Forum List

Back