US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

BpIJsL9CUAAsdiw.png

“Strangely to some we must also thank those who have cared for our son for almost two years,” Bergdahl said in the 2011 video message to the Taliban. “We know our son is a prisoner and at the same time a guest in your home.”

How stupid is Obama? So close to the mid-term elections. You know he messed this up for you libs.

Time to impeach him now!!!

The five taliban commanders were just poor, peaceful, innocent, civilians caught up in the wrong place and time.. And denied due process

Poor neanderthal darlings...

So it turns out that GOPers went looking for disgruntled soldiers in an effort to demonize this soldier.

Big surprise there. Wonder if they got paid for their negative interviews about him.

Would it bother you if he actually did walk away from his post?

I doubt a soldier would step forward and do an outright lie to besmirch....not only a fellow marine....but a POW.

No, it wouldn't bother me. Some wars are too fucked up to fight. And what has been going on in Afghanistan is sad and demoralizing. Not to mention that a lot of people that join up have mental issues or get them eventually.

I think these are former soldiers but am not sure.

The two that I saw and heard were from his unit and one of the two was a friend to Bergdahl. He stated that Bergdahl sent his personal belongings home prior to him getting captured. That in itself is curious, Ravi.

This war...unlike 'Nam was an all volunteer military and not drafted. He signed up going in that he might be sent there.

This anti-American nutter and his whackjob dad will now become the darlings of the left and this admin.

Stunning... absolutely stunning this miserable, useless bunch.

Would it bother you if he actually did walk away from his post?

I doubt a soldier would step forward and do an outright lie to besmirch....not only a fellow marine....but a POW.

No, it wouldn't bother me. Some wars are too fucked up to fight. And what has been going on in Afghanistan is sad and demoralizing. Not to mention that a lot of people that join up have mental issues or get them eventually.

The two that I saw and heard were from his unit and one of the two was a friend to Bergdahl. He stated that Bergdahl sent his personal belongings home prior to him getting captured. That in itself is curious, Ravi.

This war...unlike 'Nam was an all volunteer military and not drafted. He signed up going in that he might be sent there.
It sounds as if he deserted. But it doesn't sound as if he deserted to join the Taliban.

This anti-American nutter and his whackjob dad will now become the darlings of the left and this admin.

Stunning... absolutely stunning this miserable, useless bunch.

I would imagine most fathers would say anything, true or not, to get their sons free from a POW camp.

You are a sad little man.

It sounds as if he deserted. But it doesn't sound as if he deserted to join the Taliban.

Oh...no doubt about that.

Why he deserted matters not...

It's funny how most of these threads turn out..and pretty expected.

First there is a demonization of Bergdahl, who like most POWs are not responsible for becoming a POW and that the US has an obligation and duty to return home.

Second there is the charge of "Law Breaking" by the Obama administration and the President, who is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces.

Then? A charge of making deals with "terrorists" which has gone on for quite some time, most notably with the Reagan administration who really did break the law.

And then? Laundry listing of history.

It's like clockwork.

Unfortunately, Bergdahl is just a pawn in conservatives efforts to undermine the commander-in-chief. The guy's been victimized by the Taliban for five years, and now he's going to come home to be victimized and demonized by his conservative fellow citizens who see him as little more than a means to an end. Hope the guy is made of stern stuff because he's going to be pilloried once he gets back to the land of the once free and the home of the politically depraved.

If the guys who served with him are telling the truth (why would they lie?), then the guy was a deserter who gave aid and comfort to the enemy i.e treason.

Obama made a terrible deal------------5 for 1, and set a terrible precedent that puts every american at risk.

thats the real tragedy here.

"Gave aid and comfort to the enemy?" Did you see those pictures? Did Bergdahl look like he was a willing participant?

Let's talk about the issue of desertion for a minute. To my knowledge, the vast majority of deserters are soldiers who went AWOL while in the US, and they haven't returned to their post or been apprehended by MPs within a 30 day window because they have no intention of returning. THAT is when it becomes desertion. Desertion in a war zone is exceedingly rare. There's no indication that the military honestly believed Bergdahl deserted or they wouldn't have continued to give him promotions. The point is that to my knowledge, there were NO witnesses to what happened to Bergdahl, including these 'soldiers' who are telling their 'stories.'

But if Bergdahl deserted his unit in a war zone, he certainly had no reasonable expectation of EVER returning to the US except in chains. And once here, he could expect to spend a decade (if not much longer) in a military stockade. Therefore, why would the Taliban need to keep Bergdahl a prisoner if he was a deserter not only from his unit, but from his country, as well? They wouldn't. Under those circumstances, Bergdahl could very well be a recruiting tool for the Taliban as well as a great source of intelligence into how the military runs and how to understand American culture.

The point is this. The fact that Bergdahl was a prisoner would seem to be a VERY strong indication that he did NOT desert his unit. He simply was captured at some point while away from post and was unable to return within 30 days of his disappearance.

Or does that explanation simply make too much sense for conservatives to understand it?

Last edited:
More smoke and mirrors, he has been living a cushy life for the last five years, they, strategically placed this pawn for when they would need to use it. A real soldier wouldn't have gone along with such a lie. They found a weak link and I'm sure the family has been compensated well. I don't trust this Story as far as I could throw it. Besides what brutal regime keeps an American prisoner safe for five years?

the viet nam protesters were on the right side of history, but they were still traitors to their country. Bush joining the national guard was not equivalent to running to Canada or pretending to be a conscientious objector.

your attempt at moral equivalency sucks.

The guys who served, came home, used the rights they fought for and protected such as free speech, the rights to assemble and petition were traitors? The fathers and mothers and sisters who protested while their sons and brothers were in Vietnam fighting were traitors? All the Americans who predicted the end results of the war and tried to make the politicians listen were traitors? It was only the folks who were wrong about how the war would finish and gambled all those lives away that were patriotic?

OK, I guess I need to clarify for you spin meisters. Protesting a war is NOT treason. Leaving the country to avoid the draft, burning your draft card, or faking illness to avoid the draft are acts of treason.

The guys who served are heroes, those who protested legally were within their rights.

the government officials who got us into that fiasco are the real traitors.

Get it now?

Just take blame for your stupid ass comment(s) and don't blame someone for pointing it out. And leaving the country is not treason asshole. It means those people no longer wanted to be associated with the USA and chose to publicly show it by their action. The people who went to jail or offered themselves up for punishment did the same thing. Faking illness like Ted Nugent is about the only one I agree with as being treason. And there was a hell of a lot of difference between draft dodging and simply protesting. Mixing the two is some of why I call you an asshole.

Unfortunately, Bergdahl is just a pawn in conservatives efforts to undermine the commander-in-chief. The guy's been victimized by the Taliban for five years, and now he's going to come home to be victimized and demonized by his conservative fellow citizens who see him as little more than a means to an end. Hope the guy is made of stern stuff because he's going to be pilloried once he gets back to the land of the once free and the home of the politically depraved.

If the guys who served with him are telling the truth (why would they lie?), then the guy was a deserter who gave aid and comfort to the enemy i.e treason.

Obama made a terrible deal------------5 for 1, and set a terrible precedent that puts every american at risk.

"Gave aid and comfort to the enemy?" Did you see those pictures? Did Bergdahl look like he was a willing participant?

Let's talk about the issue of desertion for a minute. To my knowledge, the vast majority of deserters are soldiers who went AWOL while in the US, and they haven't returned to their post or been apprehended by MPs within a 30 day window because they have no intention of returning. THAT is when it becomes desertion. Desertion in a war zone is exceedingly rare. There's no indication that the military honestly believed Bergdahl deserted or they wouldn't have continued to give him promotions. The point is that to my knowledge, there were NO witnesses to what happened to Bergdahl, including these 'soldiers' who are telling their 'stories.'

But if Bergdahl deserted his unit in a war zone, he certainly had no reasonable expectation of EVER returning to the US except in chains. And once here, he could expect to spend a decade (if not much longer) in a military stockade. Therefore, why would the Taliban need to keep Bergdahl a prisoner if he was a deserter not only from his unit, but from his country, as well? They wouldn't. Under those circumstances, Bergdahl could very well be a recruiting tool for the Taliban as well as a great source of intelligence into how the military runs and how to understand American culture.

The point is this. The fact that Bergdahl was a prisoner would seem to be a VERY strong indication that he did NOT desert his unit. He simply was captured at some point while away from post and was unable to return within 30 days of his disappearance.

Or does that explanation simply make too much sense for conservatives to understand it?

Just about nothing about the conservative construction of this guy makes any sense whatsoever.

And actually even moreso considering the guy spoke the language.

The guys who served, came home, used the rights they fought for and protected such as free speech, the rights to assemble and petition were traitors? The fathers and mothers and sisters who protested while their sons and brothers were in Vietnam fighting were traitors? All the Americans who predicted the end results of the war and tried to make the politicians listen were traitors? It was only the folks who were wrong about how the war would finish and gambled all those lives away that were patriotic?

OK, I guess I need to clarify for you spin meisters. Protesting a war is NOT treason. Leaving the country to avoid the draft, burning your draft card, or faking illness to avoid the draft are acts of treason.

The guys who served are heroes, those who protested legally were within their rights.

Get it now?

Just take blame for your stupid ass comment(s) and don't blame someone for pointing it out. And leaving the country is not treason asshole. It means those people no longer wanted to be associated with the USA and chose to publicly show it by their action. The people who went to jail or offered themselves up for punishment did the same thing. Faking illness like Ted Nugent is about the only one I agree with as being treason. And there was a hell of a lot of difference between draft dodging and simply protesting. Mixing the two is some of why I call you an asshole.

If you had basic reading comprehension skills you would know that I did not equate or mix the two. I made a clear distinction between legal protesting and treason.

your partisan mindset prevents you from accepting the reality about viet nam. There was no one person responsible, every president involved and every member of congress during those years is responsible. It was a terrible chapter in our history. Why can't we deal with that reality and try to prevent it from ever happening again?

Partisan bickering about this is counterproductive.

Get it now?

Naw.

But it was down right embarrassing.

Pissing and shitting your pants for several weeks? Then bragging about it?

While that may be heroic in conservativeland..

It's disgusting everywhere else.

Just about nothing about the conservative construction of this guy makes any sense whatsoever.

And actually even moreso considering the guy spoke the language.

come on shallow. the guy deserted his unit, whether he joined the taliban is like asking if patty hurst joined her "captors".

His father looks like a muslim, speaks like a muslim, and praised allah in an arabic language in the rose garden while obozo stood there with a silly grin on his face.

The real issue here is not Bergdolf, the issue is obama negotiating with terrorists and making a terrible deal.

Get it now?

If you had basic reading comprehension skills you would know that I did not equate or mix the two. I made a clear distinction between legal protesting and treason.

your partisan mindset prevents you from accepting the reality about viet nam. There was no one person responsible, every president involved and every member of congress during those years is responsible. It was a terrible chapter in our history. Why can't we deal with that reality and try to prevent it from ever happening again?

Partisan bickering about this is counterproductive.

Treason is a serious charge. If you are going to make it, be prepared to back it up or get called out on your bullshit.

So it turns out that GOPers went looking for disgruntled soldiers in an effort to demonize this soldier.

Big surprise there. Wonder if they got paid for their negative interviews about him.

Probably wasn't difficult.

I think they should send him back with his unit.

Let them welcome him back...

Get it now?

Naw.

please take camp's dick out of your mouth before speaking, or was it your ass since thats usually what you speak out of

Go back to your LGBT meeting and see if you can find a hook up for tonight, I understand that Chaz Bono will be there.:badgrin:

Naw.

please take camp's dick out of your mouth before speaking, or was it your ass since thats usually what you speak out of

Go back to your LGBT meeting and see if you can find a hook up for tonight, I understand that Chaz Bono will be there.:badgrin:

Having a meltdown is what happens when you get publicly humiliated for being an asshole seems to be your forte. Good job.

Forum List

Back