US Trade Deficit Increases More Than Expected In October And Is Now Up 10% for 2018

Trade wars are good, and easy to win. - Donald J. Trump

The U.S. goods and services deficit increased more than expected in September amid escalating tensions with its global trading partners.

The shortfall rose to $54 billion for the month, a 1.3 percent increase, or $700 million, from August and reflective of a 10.1 percent increase year to date, according to government numbers released Friday. Economists surveyed by Refinitiv had been looking for a gain of $53.6 billion.

The goods deficit stood at $76.3 billion, the highest on record on a seasonally adjusted basis.

In other news:
U.S. Treasury says first-quarter borrowing set record of $488 billion

Bond buyers brace for U.S.’s largest fourth-quarter borrowing spree since 2009

US Treasury to Borrow More Than $1.3 Trillion in 2018

And everybody said, "It's Okay When Trump Does It!"™
I don’t know anyone who thinks it’s okay because Trump does it. Hell...half the country hates everything he does including you.
Half?

annual-instant-gratification-zero-mile-fun-run-s-runners-to-your-8033525.png

The U.S. goods and services deficit increased more than expected in September amid escalating tensions with its global trading partners.

The shortfall rose to $54 billion for the month, a 1.3 percent increase, or $700 million, from August and reflective of a 10.1 percent increase year to date, according to government numbers released Friday. Economists surveyed by Refinitiv had been looking for a gain of $53.6 billion.

The goods deficit stood at $76.3 billion, the highest on record on a seasonally adjusted basis.

In other news:

I don’t know anyone who thinks it’s okay because Trump does it. Hell...half the country hates everything he does including you.
Half?
I suppose if you only consume media from the DNCMSM, you wouldn’t know that roughly half approve.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

In other news:

Half?
I suppose if you only consume media from the DNCMSM, you wouldn’t know that roughly half approve.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval
You supposed a lot. I don't. Where is the validation of Half?

The lazy politician's way to juice the economy is to borrow and spend, borrow and spend, then borrow and spend some more.

Sooner or later, that piper has to be paid.

Sooner or later.

Perfect fodder to blame on the democrats once they take the house.

Of course!
Trump will be the first one to cast the blame.
And his "Moonies" will follow.

The lazy politician's way to juice the economy is to borrow and spend, borrow and spend, then borrow and spend some more.

Sooner or later, that piper has to be paid.

Sooner or later.

And you said the same thing during the Obozo years. Wait!
Yep. I sure did. Many, many, many times.

Dumbass.

Christ, all you tards have is, "B-b-b-b-b-but Obama!"

That doesn't fly any more. So when are you going to start whining about Trump's debt, huh?

Trump's zombies will just keep stumbling forward blindly behind him.

Heres' the graph from your article.

You have to use flash cards with the tards.

chart-Treasuet-debt-sales-2018-Bloomberg-10302018.png

So we're "winning" this trade war?

Huh?

No war is won over the course of a few months...sane people know this.
Do us productive types a favor and stay silent as real leaders lead and do the thinking....you just keep collecting your EBT cards would ya please.

In other news:

DAMMIT.

I should have voted for Hillary.

:laughing0301:

So we're "winning" this trade war?

Huh?

I thought trade deficits don't matter. Or at least that is what you globalists were saying when TRump started this.
As long as Trump keeps exploding the federal deficit, the trade deficit will continue to increase.

I've heard lefties make that argument before. I have not heard a lefty manage to explain the imagined reasoning behind that claim.

Forum List

Back